A Bad Spell of Jesse!

HossC

It might not be mentioned but you can bet most Dukes fans didn't miss it. I think there was another place where it was mispelled. It seems like it was a commendation from the President of the USA. I can't remember which episode but I think Waylon mentions the mispelling at the end of the episode. Does anybody know which one it was?

I can't remember which episode but I think Waylon mentions the mispelling at the end of the episode. Does anybody know which one it was?

You disappoint me Roger - I can't believe there's a piece of trivia you can't remember:). I'll put you out of your misery - it was ' Witness for the Persecution' from season 2. Looks like as well as spelling Jesse wrong they couldn't even be bothered to fill the dates in.

Jessie2.jpg

• 2 months later...
I feel most sorry for Bo and Luke in Witness for the Persecution! They do all the work, Luke thinks up the plan, they have to suffer driving Boss around and all the mention they get on the certificate is 'And Family'. How harsh! LOL

I love this episode. All the antics that went on were hilarious! I also felt bad for Bo and Luke, having to tote Boss around. I wasn't sure they would even get him in the General!!!

• 3 years later...

A shot of Jess(i)e with his misspelled name from "Welcome Back, Bo 'n' Luke" was used in one of the later U.K. Dukes annuals (where stills from episodes were used to illustrate stories), and it stood out to me even back then, long before I had started collecting and trading episodes on VHS.

I've always liked s2's "Witness for the Persecution" too. I think I'm correct in that on it's original broadcast it was a 'very special episode' (in that it had heavier promotion and possibly in a different time-slot), and was a first in that it was the first time that the Dukes had actually assisted Boss Hogg (they had saved him at the end of "Grannie Annie", which was broadcast previously but produced after this episode, and it wasn't the main thrust of that story).

The overall concept of the episode was recycled for the s5 episode "The Hazzardgate Tape". That might be a Coy and Vance episode, but is a very special episode to me: After the Dukes had finished here in the UK and I didn't yet have any episodes on VHS (what ones I had recorded my father had long since taped over!) I found an audio tape recording of this episode my father had made to listen to prior to us buying a video recorder. For a few years, this was my only 'complete' Dukes story in any form, and I listed to that cassette over... and over... and over! I know every single word of that damned episode! (It's actually one of the better s5 episodes IMO).