Breaker 1.... Breaker 1... I'm not crazy but I am new here...

DukeOfEarl

Hello all. My name is Earl and would like to thank you for letting me join your network of friends.

I live in Northeast PA with my wife and four wonderful children. We have several old muscle cars, but none as fun to drive as are recently restored General Lee. If you have one you know what I mean.

I look forward to getting to know many of you and hopefully meet several of you at the some of the Duke events. Feel free to drop me a line, like many I could talk all day about this stuff, but I also enjoy my family time.

Thanks again...

I'm gone!

Hello all. My name is Earl ...

Hi Earl, welcome to HazzardNet. May I fall straight into cliche and ask 'how's karma treating you?' - sorry couldn't resist:).

On a more serious level, and at the risk of making myself jealous, what muscle cars do you have?

Welcome to Hazzard County Earl.

I could talk about the Dukes all day too so I know exactly how you feel.

If you want to share your love of the Dukes, you've definitely come to the right place. A lot of folks around here put the Good Lord and their family above the Dukes and nothing more. I'm one of those folks.

We hope to hear a lot more from you.

I'm from the other north corner of Pennsylvania near Lake Erie.

Hi Earl, welcome to HazzardNet. May I fall straight into cliche and ask 'how's karma treating you?' - sorry couldn't resist:).

On a more serious level, and at the risk of making myself jealous, what muscle cars do you have?

Roger,

Thanks for asking. Don't be jealous though. It's taken many, many years and a lot of frustrating evenings to get to this point. What we found out is that you can only drive one at a time. We have on occasion asked friends to help us drive them to shows and then everyone involved is happy. We get our cars there and they get to drive one.

Anyway, my wife and I, including the General, have a 68 big block Mustang GT Fastback, 68 Big Block Ford Torino Coupe, 1957 2dr Mercury Turnpike Cruiser (40k orig miles) and a 68 Mustang Fastback Project car (I'm thinking the Double Zero?) None are perfect. All except the project car are very clean drivers with the General being the nicest.

By the way, I have an uncle that lives in Olean NY. Not sure how far that is from you, but maybe our paths could cross.

Earl

LOL

Thanks for the info on your muscle cars but that was Hoss that asked, not me. I'm not too far from Olean....less than 100 miles. I used to work for Blue Bird bus lines and their headquarters was up there so I bet your uncle knew the guy who used to own Blue Bird since he was the Boss Hogg of Olean (I mean that in a nice way).

If you ever figure out how to post pictures here I'd love to see your cars, especially the General and the Mustangs.

LOL

Thanks for the info on your muscle cars but that was Hoss that asked, not me. I'm not too far from Olean....less than 100 miles. I used to work for Blue Bird bus lines and their headquarters was up there so I bet your uncle knew the guy who used to own Blue Bird since he was the Boss Hogg of Olean (I mean that in a nice way).

If you ever figure out how to post pictures here I'd love to see your cars, especially the General and the Mustangs.

Sorry Roger and Hoss. I'll get this site figured out soon. I actaully noticed what I did shortly after the post but figured I wait until one of you two to spot it before admitting my guilt.

Sorry Roger and Hoss. I'll get this site figured out soon. I actaully noticed what I did shortly after the post but figured I wait until one of you two to spot it before admitting my guilt.

Hi Earl, don't worry about mixing us up - I've only been around a couple of weeks myself.

Unfortunately you did make me jealous with your car list - aside from the General I love Mustangs, especially the 60s fastbacks. I don't know the Mercury (if you hadn't noticed, I'm on the other side of 'the pond'), but I'll check it out.

Hey folks, the wife and I just picked up a Rosco Car from a fellow Dukes fan. Its a 1976 Fury Police Package California car. Check out the photos in my album when they get approved.:D

Looks like they're approved - I've been waiting to see them since I saw your post. Looks like a pretty clean car - is it solid underneath?.

Are you going for a Hazzard patrol car?. The reason I ask is that the '76 Fury was favored by some of the neighboring police e.g. Chickasaw, Hatchapee, Atlanta, Capitol City and State Police. Most of the Hazzard cars were '77 or '78 Furys and Monacos.

Did you get the lightbar with it, or did you source it separately?. What's the law like where you are regarding lightbars on replica vehicles?. I'm sure that even though everyone knows you're not trying to impersonate real police, they would still have a problem with it here. I remember when I lived in London they used to test drive repaired police cars past where I worked. These out-of-service cars had their lightbars covered and an 'X' of 1/2" insulating tape over the word 'Police' on the doors. They looked pretty funny - we used to joke that they were undercover police cars.

Is that your General in your gallery? - looks great. I'm sure it'll be hard to resist having a good ol' chase when the patrol car gets its decals on.

Edited by HossC

... - is it solid underneath?.

Are you going for a Hazzard patrol car?

Did you get the lightbar with it, or did you source it separately?

What's the law like where you are regarding lightbars on replica vehicles?.

Is that your General in your gallery?

This car is extremely solid. The only rust other than surface rust is a very small section behind the rear passenger wheel. Floors are excellent. The body panels have a lot of dings but I would rather fix a ding then rust.:p

I wanted to do the Hazzard police because that is most likely the car that people would remember from the show outside the General of course. I think the Caddy would be a close third.

The light bar came with the car and it does function properly. I spent several hours polishing the lenses and chrome. The lenses are not perfect, but much, much nicer than when I purchased the car.

I spoke with a recently retired PA State Trooper just last week about the light bar laws and if he thought I would have any trouble. He told me if I intended to have classic or antique plates on the car, he did not feel I would have any trouble. I think one of the first stops I make when it is all done will be directly to State Police Barracks. Then I will now for sure.

Yes, the General in the picture album is ours. We just finished a 2 1/2 year restoration on it in July. i shouldn't say finished as it is a work in progress. If you have an old car, you know exactly what I mean. There is always something more to do.

I spoke with a recently retired PA State Trooper just last week about the light bar laws and if he thought I would have any trouble. He told me if I intended to have classic or antique plates on the car, he did not feel I would have any trouble.

I know in Ohio it's no problem but I'm not sure about Pennsylvania

I've seen some patrol car replicas that have a cover over the light bar (when driven on the road) that says "out of service." Dunno what state the car was in or from so I reckon you'll have to do some more researching.

Hoss mentioned about the Hazzard cars being mostly '77 and '78. This is true, but I think I'm recalling correctly that the patrol cars in "Luke's Love Story" were '76s. Also, I think Rosco's patrol car in the flashback of "Happy Birthday General Lee is the '76. I could be wrong it's been awhile since I've seen the eps (shame on me!! LOL)

Great to see a car from a Dukes fan went to a Dukes fan. Khee!

There were indeed some '76 Hazzard patrol cars as this picture shows (not my grab, so I don't know which episode).:

76Plymouth.jpg

I notice these 2 don't seem to have the trim running along the fenders and doors like your one does. I think most of the time they just had the trim removed from the front doors to allow the badges to go on flat.

A lot of the bad guys also drove '76s, especially around season 4 - I guess they bought loads of ex-police cars and mainly used the '77s and '78s for Hazzard cars. By the end of season 5/start of season 6 the bad guys had switched to favoring Chevy Malibus.

• 5 months later...

Haven't been here in a while. Tough fall semester, but things are starting to settle a bit. This cold weather we've been having makes it tough to get much done outside.

Anyway, its was an exciting second half or 2010 with my family and dukes cars. We picked up two more Hazzard vehicles and another from a different tv series. :-P:-P:-P Take a look once they get approved.

Wow! Earl, you've got quite a collection in your barn now. I came across the rest of your collection on another website a while back when I was searching out reference photos for my Fan Art Rosco patrol car. I see you've now added a Dodge Monaco, and that you are considering making the Fury into a Chickasaw car - don't forget the fangs :).

I think your wife's Mustang would make a great Double Zero, but I also think it looks sweet as it is.

If you don't get time to paint the Road Runner, you could always say it's Coy and Vance's car - that was a blue Road Runner.

You must be a real Dukes fan to have bought the red and white Torino from 'One Armed Bandits', although I'm sure it appeared in another show ;).

As to your non-Dukes car, the Mercury Turnpike Cruiser, when you joined HNet I'd never heard of it but, as luck would have it, the American car magazine I get over here ran a feature complete with pull-out poster the very next month. It certainly is an unusual car, and I'm sure you enjoy driving it more than your Subaru :).

I can't figure out what the "members album" is. I don't see anything like that in your profile.

Roger, they're in the 'Gallery' section that you can access through the link in the 'HazzardNet' banner at the top of the page. Here's a direct link to DukeOfEarl's photos:

http://www.hazzardnet.com/gallery/member.php?uid=6135&protype=1