NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

7 hours ago, Spike said:

If that's the type of racing we get to look forward to the rest of the season for bigger than 1 mile tracks there's going to be a lot of boring follow the leader races as it seemed like it was really hard to pass after the tires were worn due to the new aero package. The only action was on restarts and on pit road. I wish the bigwigs at Nascar would just find a formula that works and leave it alone for a few years instead of changing the car every year.

You're not the only one who feels that way. I don't know much about it but my NASCAR friends are upset. One says he's going to quit watching but he says that all the time and still watches. 

On 2/25/2019 at 9:43 PM, RogerDuke said:

You're not the only one who feels that way. I don't know much about it but my NASCAR friends are upset. One says he's going to quit watching but he says that all the time and still watches. 

Well granted it wasn't the most exciting race, but at least it wasn't a wreck fest as Daytona was. 

On 2/25/2019 at 10:43 PM, RogerDuke said:

I used to watch streams of all the races that weren't on Fox or NBC on the computer but I stopped doing that about 2 years ago and you know what I don't miss it. If Nascar does what WWE did and starts a Streaming service like they've been talking about there will probably be a lot less races on tv when the new TV deals are brokered in 2020-21. As long as they air Daytona and Talladega and a few other races I'd probably be fine with not seeing the rest of the season too.

18 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Well granted it wasn't the most exciting race, but at least it wasn't a wreck fest as Daytona was. 

Daytona & Talladega almost always is which is why some people watch it. Just wish they could come up with a car package that won't be so aero dependent on being in clean air. The late 90's and early 2000's cars seemed to be great aside from not being as safe as today's. Should do away with that dang splitter and go back to the flat front ends.

Elliot Sadler coming out of Retirement for 2 Xfinity races https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/02/28/elliott-sadler-im-back-will-run-two-xfinity-races-for-kaulig-racing/

Kyle Busch signs contract extension with JGR https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/02/28/kyle-busch-signs-contract-extension-with-joe-gibbs-racing/

Edited by Spike

I turned it over once in awhile to see how things were going but didn't watch more than 10 minutes at a time.....just too much to do around the house. I still haven't had time to sit down for any length of time for a race yet. The season is young. 

Edited by RogerDuke

Kyle Busch won his 200th career win yesterday at California. The wins came in all three NASCAR series and ties him with Richard Petty with the most wins in NASCAR. Though Petty's all came from the Monster Energy Series...but also, when Richard Petty raced, they had a lot more races on a season than they do now. It is Kyle Busch's 53 Monster Energy series win of his career...

Considering how many Truck and Xfinity races he did along with the Cup series, what he's accomplished isn't much different than the 60's and 70's era, also considering he's in top tier equipment with Gibbs/Toyota racing just like Petty was with Chrysler backing. .He's the reason for the rule that Cup series drivers can enter only 5 truck and xfinity series races. There is no comparison though, I don't think he'd last 5 seasons if even that in Petty era Nascar cars,they were a lot harder to drive than the ones they do now. Kyle's 11th in all time Cup Wins but I can see him making it up to 9th but I don't think he'll surpass Dale Earnhardt sr's 76 wins.

AJ Allmendinger to get back behind the wheel in the Xfinity series for Kaulig racing driving the #10 Camaro https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/03/21/a-j-allmendinger-joins-kaulig-racing-for-multiple-xfinity-races/

2020 Schedule released. First big changes since 2002 include new championship track ISM/Phoenix Raceway, For the first time in my memory there won't be a Daytona race around the July 4th weekend, instead the Brickyard race is moved to July 4th weekend. https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/03/26/2020-nascar-schedule-revealed-playoffs-championship-race-changes/

Sunday, Feb. 9 The Clash
Thursday, Feb. 13 Duels at Daytona
Sunday, Feb. 16 Daytona 500
Sunday, Feb. 23 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Sunday, March 1 Auto Club Speedway
Sunday, March 8 ISM Raceway
Sunday, March 15 Atlanta Motor Speedway
Sunday, March 22 Homestead-Miami Speedway
Sunday, March 29 Texas Motor Speedway
Sunday, April 5 Bristol Motor Speedway
Sunday, April 12 OFF
Sunday, April 19 Richmond Raceway
Sunday, April 26 Talladega Superspeedway
Sunday, May 3 Dover International Speedway
Saturday, May 9 Martinsville Speedway
Saturday, May 16 All-Star Race at Charlotte
Sunday, May 24 Charlotte Motor Speedway
Sunday, May 31 Kansas Speedway
Sunday, June 7 Michigan International Speedway
Sunday, June 14 Sonoma Raceway
Sunday, June 21 Chicagoland Speedway
Saturday, June 27 Pocono Raceway
Sunday, June 28 Pocono Raceway
Sunday, July 5 Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Saturday, July 11 Kentucky Speedway
Sunday, July 19 New Hampshire Motor Speedway
Sunday, July 26 OFF
Sunday, Aug. 2 OFF
Sunday, Aug. 9 Michigan International Speedway
Sunday, Aug. 16 Watkins Glen International
Sunday, Aug. 23 Dover International Speedway
Saturday, Aug. 29 Daytona International Speedway
Sunday, Sept. 6 Darlington Raceway
Saturday, Sept. 12 Richmond Raceway
Saturday, Sept. 19 Bristol Motor Speedway
Sunday, Sept. 27 Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Sunday, Oct. 4 Talladega Superspeedway
Sunday, Oct. 11 Charlotte Motor Speedway
Sunday, Oct. 18 Kansas Speedway
Sunday, Oct. 25 Texas Motor Speedway
Sunday, Nov. 1 Martinsville Speedway
Sunday, Nov. 8 ISM Raceway

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have missed the past couple of races due to not having cable.  Kyle Busch won last week at Bristol. 

But the big news is that Darrell Waltrip is going to retire from broadcasting after NASCAR gets done with Fox in June. As for me, I'm sad to see him go. He has always been my favorite besides Gordon and will miss his enthusiasm for the sport  and his boogity boogity boogity. Am happy for him,  sad for me. LOL

16 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Since Jesse Duke's Ridge Raiders are going to win your NASCAR fantasy league this year you probably wouldn't watch as much NASCAR anyways because you're so mad that you're going to finish second. 

LOL. You are doing pretty great so far. I keep going back and forth.  I jinx all the drivers I pick. I'm afraid to pick Johnson and Elliott. LOL

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:29 PM, Garrett Duke said:

That would be awesome!  Have you ever met him or Michael? 

No, but he was good friends with my boss when I worked in town and I fig. sooner or later we might meet!   :)

He lives on Deerfield Dr. if you are ever there and want to GPS it! :) 

Edited by Hobie Harkins

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:42 PM, Garrett Duke said:

That would be awesome if I would ever get to. Hope you get to meet him. 

I'm not sure of his house number but if you ever GPS Deerfield...it's the biggest widest ranch style house on the entire road!  His address is ______ Deerfield Dr. Franklin Tn. 37064.....I don't know the house number but I can drive you right to it!