NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

Kurt Busch signs 1 year deal with SHR and gets new Crew Chief Billy Scott from the #10 http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/12/12/kurt-busch-re-signs-with-stewart-haas-racing/

Michael McDowell fills the vacant seat of the #34 @ Front Row Motorsports and FRM continues it's partnership with Ford http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/12/14/front-row-motorsports-adds-michael-mcdowell-expands-technical-alliance-with-roush-fenway/

TMG and CircleSport part ways which leaves the #33 & Jeffrey Earnhardt's plans up in the air for 2018 http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2017/12/12/circle-sport-parts-ways-with-the-motorsports-group/

Matt Kenseth is still without a ride for 2018

I think he would have been a great fit at FRR but they are selling their charter for the #77 and don't seem interested in staying a 2 car team. All the really good teams are full but Penske could add a 4th or Chip Ganassi Racing could add a 3rd if they could find good sponsorship for Kenseth and buy one of the open charters. Daytona is quite a ways away so something could happen for Kenseth.  

• 1 month later...

Not much to report but here's the latest:

Circle Sport forms alliance with Go Fas Racing and leases charter for the #32 and will also run the #33 part time for 2018 http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/01/17/go-fas-racing-secures-charter-by-partnering-with-circle-sport-racing/

David Gilliland will attempt to make the Daytona 500 with startup RBR Racing http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/01/17/todd-gilliland-to-drive-no-4-for-kyle-busch-motorsports-father-to-fill-in-at-daytona/ If things go well it might turn into a full time ride.

Danica Patrick has funding for the Daytona 500 & Indy 500 now she just needs to find rides for both races http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/01/18/danica-patrick-has-daytona-500-indy-500-sponsor-now-needs-ride/

:previous:

Danica is 35 (36 in March). I don't think you're losing your mind, Hobie, she's an attractive woman.

A quick look through the female racing drivers who've competed at the top level of their sport (NASCAR, Indycar, F1, WRC etc.) over the years seems to suggest that good looks certainly aren't a hindrance. They're definitely a better looking bunch than some of their male counterparts :).

Sorry y'all I haven't been around...life is just busy. Two jobs, two dogs.Yada, yada, yada...

Sorry to burst y'all's bubble and all, but she is off the market. Her and Ricky Stenhouse Jr split in September and now she is hooked up with Aaron Rodgers.  I don't know how a supposed Bears fan would start dating the Packers quarterback...and now claims she is a Packers fan. 

Four more Sundays til the real Super Bowl..Daytona 500!

Sorry y'all I haven't been around...life is just busy. Two jobs, two dogs.Yada, yada, yada...

Sorry to burst y'all's bubble and all, but she is off the market. Her and Ricky Stenhouse Jr split in September and now she is hooked up with Aaron Rodgers.  I don't know how a supposed Bears fan would start dating the Packers quarterback...and now claims she is a Packers fan. 

Just an FYI...I guess there is no Yahoo fantasy Autoracing anymore, so I guess I won't be having my league. I am beyond upset right now about this. I have been impatiently waiting for Yahoo to open it up only to read that they won't be doing it any more. What is wrong with them? I mean I really look forward to this. My cousin even said him and his friend would join this year...and of course they won't have it. UGH...

35 minutes ago, Garrett Duke said:

I can't understand why she would be dating a loser like Aaron Rodgers when the best moonshiner around thinks she's attractive. Does that make any sense to you Hobie? I mean, what's more important in life, fame and fortune or the ability to make your own sipping shine? She has a strange set of priorities. Maybe she's sniffed too many racing fuel fumes. 

Edited by RogerDuke

9 minutes ago, Garrett Duke said:

Just an FYI...I guess there is no Yahoo fantasy Autoracing anymore, so I guess I won't be having my league. I am beyond upset right now about this. I have been impatiently waiting for Yahoo to open it up only to read that they won't be doing it any more. What is wrong with them? I mean I really look forward to this. My cousin even said him and his friend would join this year...and of course they won't have it. UGH...

This is bad news, bad news. I haven't heard this yet and it is upsetting. I hope you'll use that time you spent on fantasy NASCAR and put it toward your NASCAR threads here Garrett. I'd hate to lose contact with you. You've been a good friend for a long time. 

16 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

This is bad news, bad news. I haven't heard this yet and it is upsetting. I hope you'll use that time you spent on fantasy NASCAR and put it toward your NASCAR threads here Garrett. I'd hate to lose contact with you. You've been a good friend for a long time. 

Thank you Roger. :) I always enjoy our conversations and reading your posts. I will try to do better about coming on here. :) You ae a great friend.

I find it very upsetting that they won't be doing it anymore, but I bet the drivers are happy. I jinx all the ones I pick so they are probably sighing a big sigh of relief right now. ;) 

Danica's got a ride for Daytona 500 in the defunct Tommy Baldwin Racing team #7 Chevy that has been bought by Premium Motorsports, Tony Eury jr will be the Crew Chief http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/01/22/danica-patrick-has-a-daytona-500-team-premium-motorsports/

DJ Kennington will attempt to Qualify for the Daytona 500 in the Gaunt Bros. racing #96 Toyota http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/01/22/d-j-kennington-to-attempt-to-qualify-for-daytona-500-with-gaunt-brothers-racing/

RCR finally confirmed they will be a 2 car team, #3 & #31 Chevy's driven by Austin Dillon & Ryan Newman http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/01/23/austin-dillon-richard-childress-racing-looking-to-be-leaner-and-meaner-with-two-car-team/

On 1/23/2018 at 9:33 PM, RogerDuke said:

Why did the Fusion redesign get scrapped? 

Because suv's and trucks are the big sellers these days. Though I don't really see the logic in not redesigning the Fusion as gas prices will inevitably go up sooner or later and then suv's and truck sales will slump as car sales rise again. Doesn't help that Ford's new president didn't even come up through the company's ranks, he was just on the board of Directors since 2013. 

On 1/29/2018 at 4:28 PM, Spike said:

Because suv's and trucks are the big sellers these days. Though I don't really see the logic in not redesigning the Fusion as gas prices will inevitably go up sooner or later and then suv's and truck sales will slump as car sales rise again. Doesn't help that Ford's new president didn't even come up through the company's ranks, he was just on the board of Directors since 2013. 

That's interesting. You're right. Folks are acting like gas is going to be relatively cheap forever. 

16 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

Folks are acting like gas is going to be relatively cheap forever. 

That's not a problem that we have here. The unleaded I bought last week was about €1.38/liter, which converts to just under $6.50/US gallon. It looks like US prices are less than half of that figure.

On 1/31/2018 at 5:32 PM, Spike said:

An Earnhardt @ Daytona tradition will continue for at least another year...Jeffrey Earnhardt to drive the #00 Starcom Racing Chevy Camaro for 2018 Season http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/01/30/jeffrey-earnhardt-will-drive-starcom-racings-no-00-in-daytona-500/

Anybody with that last name will have a lot of fans. If I change my name to Roger Earnhardt people might actually like me!

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, Garrett Duke said:

Could it be she's following the money? She's probably doing fine herself but I'll guarantee she's not making anywhere NEAR what Aaron Rogers is! ( Women tend to be gold diggers anyway! ...I know! I'm married to one!)

Edited by Hobie Harkins

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, RogerDuke said:

I can't understand why she would be dating a loser like Aaron Rodgers when the best moonshiner around thinks she's attractive. Does that make any sense to you Hobie? I mean, what's more important in life, fame and fortune or the ability to make your own sipping shine? She has a strange set of priorities. Maybe she's sniffed too many racing fuel fumes. 

Exactly Brother Roger!! :) I could set her up with some of the best tastin' mountain dew made in the woods!!  :)