NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

1 hour ago, Garrett Duke said:

Nothing beats NASCAR ... except baseball.  Sadly they are not playing...the withdrawal is real y'all. 

So in other words,  skip the bikes, go cheer on Chase Elliott! :D

I may or may not be able to! I'll be spending a lot of time getting my place ready for the Moonshine 400! :)  ( I hope to see you there! LOL!) 

Hopefully it's more racy than the follow the leader till the end of the stages Xfinity race was yesterday. 

Better enjoy the races while it lasts...https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/06/19/nascar-covid-19-stewart-haas-racing-team-penske/ I doubt we'll get a full season. From what I heard on the news it looks like college football will be cancelled this year as well after several players have tested positive for covid19 during training. 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Hopefully it's more racy than the follow the leader till the end of the stages Xfinity race was yesterday. 

Better enjoy the races while it lasts...https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/06/19/nascar-covid-19-stewart-haas-racing-team-penske/ I doubt we'll get a full season. From what I heard on the news it looks like college football will be cancelled this year as well after several players have tested positive for covid19 during training. 

They just can't figure out restrictor plate races. Either irs follow the leader or its covered in a lot of huge accidents. I remember years ago. it may have been after the Carl Edwards accident at Talladega,  they slowed the cars down a lot. It was follow the leader from start to finish...and Tony Stewart was acting like he was so bored he was sleeping.  NASCAR  then changed it up some.

There has to be some in between state they can find...

No baseball,  no football, very short  NASCAR season...my heart is seriously breaking. As much as I love my Chicago Bears football , I could possibly live without a season (especially if its going to be like last season...) but baseball and NASCAR? Its horrible! 

11 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Nothing beats NASCAR ... except baseball.  Sadly they are not playing...the withdrawal is real y'all. 

So in other words,  skip the bikes, go cheer on Chase Elliott! :D

Dirt bikes are from 3:00 to 4:00 (EST). Normally they are 3 hours but they must not be doing heat races for some reason...maybe because it's the last race and the qualifiers are already in place. Go Chase! I'm so glad I finally have the same favorite as you Garrett. 

9 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

I may or may not be able to! I'll be spending a lot of time getting my place ready for the Moonshine 400! :)  ( I hope to see you there! LOL!) 

I wouldn't miss that for anything. I'm sure they'll be doing social distancing until enough moonshine is consumed. Then folks will be falling all over each other. 

5 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

They just can't figure out restrictor plate races. Either irs follow the leader or its covered in a lot of huge accidents. I remember years ago. it may have been after the Carl Edwards accident at Talladega,  they slowed the cars down a lot. It was follow the leader from start to finish...and Tony Stewart was acting like he was so bored he was sleeping.  NASCAR  then changed it up some.

There has to be some in between state they can find...

Yeah iirc it was after that race they made the restrictor plate smaller because the car went into the fence. The next Daytona race it was a single file race as nobody could get a run. We'll have to see what the new changes they made will do for the superspeedway racing probably tomorrow as it looks like more rain is moving into Talladega, at least Antennatv channel is running a Coach marathon today B).

12 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Dirt bikes are from 3:00 to 4:00 (EST). Normally they are 3 hours but they must not be doing heat races for some reason...maybe because it's the last race and the qualifiers are already in place. Go Chase! I'm so glad I finally have the same favorite as you Garrett. 

Guess I was wrong about this. NBC Sports had the earlier heats but regular NBC ran the rest. When I checked the guide channel I thought It was only an hour. It didn't matter anyways since NASCAR got rain. 

18 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Me too! It'll make it more fun. :)

7 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

Here's something you guys may be interested in......

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/21/plane-confederate-flag-flies-over-nascar-race/

I saw that. I also just read an article that Bubba Wallace,  NASCAR only African American,  found a noose in his garage area. It just breaks my heart to see things turn to this. I can't even imagine how he must feel.  Things like this is why people assume the flag stands for hate. I really hope they find whoever is responsible for this...

9 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

Here's something you guys may be interested in......

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/21/plane-confederate-flag-flies-over-nascar-race/

I hope they find out who did that noose hanging in the #43 stall and give them a permanent ban from every race track in America if they can't legally charge the scumbag with anything.

Edited by Spike

8 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I would think they could charge it as a hate crime. Idk.

I would think so too because the individual state laws don't matter since that would be a federal crime. There are cameras everywhere so maybe they'll figure it out. It's so sad to see all this insanity going on in the world. Why can't every place be like Hazzard County? 

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

I would think so too because the individual state laws don't matter since that would be a federal crime. There are cameras everywhere so maybe they'll figure it out. It's so sad to see all this insanity going on in the world. Why can't every place be like Hazzard County? 

I agree.  Life would be perfect if it were like Hazzard County.  I so hope they find this person and can press charges. Its horrible...I just can't understand why anyone would even think of doing this, not alone to do it. It saddens me.

As I said, I would think they could charge whoever with a hate crime for this. Or something like that. There has to be something.  There's no reason anyone should get away with this in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I agree.  Life would be perfect if it were like Hazzard County.  I so hope they find this person and can press charges. Its horrible...I just can't understand why anyone would even think of doing this, not alone to do it. It saddens me.

As I said, I would think they could charge whoever with a hate crime for this. Or something like that. There has to be something.  There's no reason anyone should get away with this in my opinion. 

How's this for a possible scenario? ( And this has happened before!) The powers that be did it and used it as a set up! WHY??? THINK!  It is just like war itself. If you want to learn who is responsible, look at who benefits from it! 

7 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

How's this for a possible scenario? ( And this has happened before!) The powers that be did it and used it as a set up! WHY??? THINK!  It is just like war itself. If you want to learn who is responsible, look at who benefits from it! 

It's been done before? In NASCAR? 

Found this article this morning.  I love how the drivers and teams support one another in times like this. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-23/nascar-champions-stand-with-bubba-wallace/12383798

That last lap sure was exciting especially at the finish line. Ryan Blaney won his 2nd Talladega race by inches. What's really surprising is there was no 'big one' wreck that takes out 1/4 of the cars or more. Ricky Stenhouse jr took 2nd, Aric Almirola 3rd and JGR teammates Denny Hamlin and Erik Jones 4th and 5th. Kevin Harvick's 10th place finish keeps him at the top of point's standings. Next week is a doubleheader at Pocono, Saturday's race will be on Fox and Sunday's on FS1. 

Was interesting to see all the drivers and teams push Bubba Wallace's car down pit road in a show of support and solidarity :tup:

Bubba  Wallace.....THINK...Bubba, stock cars, the south, racing, ....etc. etc.....now...Wallace....think .....ever hear the name Wallace before?  THINK!!  ( The powers that be, behind the scenes, not just of NASCAR but of this whole country, are having some fun. Laughing at all us dumb asses. )  I'm willing to bet it won't be very long before he wins a race ! Sheer coincidence ...right? This is also how they control/run the country and set up our standards of living and morality....or lack of! This is all I'm saying about all this. I'm right wing and make no apologies! I'm done!