NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

Nascar officially bans the confederate flag from race tracks. https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/06/10/nascar-bans-confederate-flag-from-all-its-events/

On a side note if you have not bought the new smaller packaging Dukes of Hazzard complete tv series you might want too if you need it, it has been already removed from my local Walmart's shelves. Don't know if it's a company wide thing or just local manager's decisions.

14 hours ago, Hobie Harkins said:

I saw that about the flag! They wouldn't do that to anyone except white people. It's all about destroying white people and their heritage. I feel for the people that are coming after us!  :angry:

I don't know if it's just a white people thing anymore. Defund police mentality is popping up all over and now police shows like COPS that have been around for 30 years are starting to get banned from television. This is not simply political correctness. It is insanity. It doesn't matter if the cop is black, white, Asian or Hispanic. If he or she is a cop they're a bad person. I suppose we should be careful here since we're walking on thin ice regarding terms of service and what we can say. Sorry if I just challenged where the line is drawn. 

Oh it is insane. There's calls for Disney to change the theme and rename Splash Mountain because it's supposedly based off of Song of the South. Lady Antebellum has dropped Antebellum from their name. Gone with the Wind has been removed from streaming services. I'm just waiting for the What's Next to be Banned from here on out because it offends one person. Paw patrol hasn't been cancelled yet but their is a bunch of people calling for it to be cancelled https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/10/arts/television/protests-fictional-cops.html right along with Law and Order and other cop procedurals. Cops is still on streaming services such as Pluto tv for now if you wish to watch it. 

I apologize too if I push the boundary a bit much as I sometimes rant a bit.

On with the Race Review...Blu Emu Maximum Pain Relief 500 at Martinsville... Joey Logano won the first stage. Jimmie Johnson came on strong for the 2nd stage win and looked to have the car to beat for the race but then came along Martin Truex jr who took the lead on lap 370 and never looked back. The rest of his teammates didn't fair so well all finishing outside the top 10 and off the lead lap. Penske racing teammates finished 2,3, and 4th with Chase Elliot finishing 5th. Matt Dibenedetto had a good night finishing 7th in the Wood Bros. #21. Jimmie Johnson finished 10th

Dale Earnhardt Jr will be back behind the wheel this weekend at the Xfinity race Saturday June 14th. 

I suppose we should be careful here since we're walking on thin ice regarding terms of service and what we can say. Sorry if I just challenged where the line is drawn. 

At least we can be like Lee Greenwood said, proud to be Americans where at least we know we're free....right? Esp. free speech....right?

Edited by Hobie Harkins

On 6/10/2020 at 7:32 PM, Spike said:

Nascar officially bans the confederate flag from race tracks. https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/06/10/nascar-bans-confederate-flag-from-all-its-events/

On a side note if you have not bought the new smaller packaging Dukes of Hazzard complete tv series you might want too if you need it, it has been already removed from my local Walmart's shelves. Don't know if it's a company wide thing or just local manager's decisions.

I just saw where Amazon Prime is talking about taking The Dukes of Hazzard off of its streaming as well. . .

1 hour ago, Hobie Harkins said:

They continue to destroy our heritage.....it's all part of the plan!

I'm just really down that they are casting a  big shadow over the Dukes by making them look racist or anyone who likes the show. I'm not racist and hate the thought of someone thinking I am just because of a show. But I do see where people are coming from by associating the flag with it...even if that's not what it was intended to mean.  If all that makes sense... 

9 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I'm just really down that they are casting a  big shadow over the Dukes by making them look racist or anyone who likes the show. I'm not racist and hate the thought of someone thinking I am just because of a show. But I do see where people are coming from by associating the flag with it...even if that's not what it was intended to mean.  If all that makes sense... 

I've taken my DoH shirts out of rotation for a while cause I just don't want to deal with the questions or accusations while I'm out running errands at stores even though neither shirt has a confederate flag. There's an african american guy that works at one of the local stores I go to that grew up on the dukes too, we had a chat about the show one time when he seen me wearing one of my shirts. He still wants a 68-70 Charger in orange :).

Yeah I don't wear my shirts anymore nor talk about it.  I really don't know how to feel about it.  I never thought of them being a racist show nor thought the flag on the car stood with racism. But I do see where people would cone to the conclusion that it does since slavery and all that was fought for by the people carrying the same flag.

3 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Yeah I don't wear my shirts anymore nor talk about it.  I really don't know how to feel about it.  I never thought of them being a racist show nor thought the flag on the car stood with racism. But I do see where people would cone to the conclusion that it does since slavery and all that was fought for by the people carrying the same flag.

I still wear my Dukes stuff in public and have never had any problems or comments. If I ever do I've already thought of what I'll say. I love to confuse people with logic.....great to hear from you Garrett. I see we're tied for first in your fantasy baseball league....along with everybody else...we're also tied for last. 

15 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I don't care what  anyone thinks...I KNOW what the flag means and I KNOW what the war was really about ( over taxing the South and not giving them their share....everything goes back to money....  :(  )

since slavery and all that was fought for by the people carrying the same flag.

THINK....poor white people fought and DIED for the Confederacy....WHY??? To help the rich white people that had slaves keep them???? Again...THINK.....The south is/was mainly agrarian ( farmers, farmland, etc.) When the poor white people raised crops and livestock, they kept some to survive and then took the rest to market, to sell, to get  other things. The white ,rich  fat cats, with their slaves,  could work more land, produce more crops and livestock CHEAPER than the poor white farmers and thus, could sell more, and make more money and do it all at less cost! It was the 19th century version of Walmart vs. the mom and pop shops.  And  poor white people fought to keep this going on??? There were anti-slavery societies ( clubs dedicated to ending slavery)  in America at this time. MOST of them were in the South!!  I think the reason is obvious!  The South, because  the Yankees were screwing them out of their fair share  ( 85% of the Feds income came from southern states!)  finally decided enough was enough and were going to secede...A CONSTITUTIONALLY LEGAL RIGHT!!  THE SOUTH WAS RIGHT AND THE NORTH WAS WRONG!!! The North won, however...so who writes the history? The winner! Who gets to lie about what REALLY happened??? See? When you're in the wrong, you make up excuses and try to cover your A! ( CYA!) 

Edited by Hobie Harkins

4 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

On NASCAR  news Jimmie Johnson,  Kyle Busch,  Joey Logano, Ryan Blaney,  and Bubba Wallace have all dropped  Beam (they design their helmets)  for Beams tweet criticism of NASCAR banning the Confederate Flag at their races.

I have lost all respect for these guys!

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

I still wear my Dukes stuff in public and have never had any problems or comments. If I ever do I've already thought of what I'll say. I love to confuse people with logic.....great to hear from you Garrett. I see we're tied for first in your fantasy baseball league....along with everybody else...we're also tied for last. 

I still wear my Confederate hats from time to time ( I've been wearing my MAGA hat for the last couple three years now though)  and I have Confederate T shirts etc. It's not my fault people are ignorant. I'd welcome a chance to...educate somebody if they had a problem! .

4 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Thank you Roger.  It's great seeing you too.  Sorry I haven't been on lately. 

You had me on Fantasy baseball for a bit. Someone sent me a picture a while back saying it's been a great season so far. The Cubs have yet to lose a game and the Cardinals have yet to win a game! Gotta think positive, right? ;)