NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

19 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

It took me awhile to figure it out but I'm in. You'll recognize me by the orange helmet......plus I have the same team name...LOL...this is nice. I missed it last year. Go Chase Elliott!

I definitely knew it was you. Thank you for joining.  And I'm hoping Elliott will have a great season...as well as Johnson. Could you tell which team was mine? 

Well I didn't get to watch the Clash today, because I didn't have the channel.  Was going to go to my parents house to watch it, but it was snowing and I hate driving in it. But with that said, the Clash got shortened due to rain. Paul Menard led from the pole and led 52 of the 57 laps. Jimmie Johnson passed him on lap 52 and the two made contact which caused a huge wreck. Jimmie Johnson went on to win the race with his new sponsor Ally and new crew chief Kevin Meendering. It is not a point race. Kurt Busch finished second for his new team Chip Ganassi.

Well this has been a pretty good day for Hendrick. As William Byron won the pole award for next week's race at Daytona (with Chad Knaus.  His new crew chief.  Knaus was Johnson's crew chief his entire career up until lithe end of last season when Hendrick moveded Knaus to Byron in the 24 car. Ironically Knaus started his career as a crew member of Jeff Gordon in the 24 car...). Hendrick has all four cars starting Daytona 1, 2, 3, and four as that's how they qualified. 

The Dual races will be held on Thursday to set the rest of the field.  Welcome to Speed Week y'all!

Next week y'all is the REAL deal. I'm really hoping to watch the 48 car in Victory Lane (under better circumstances) at the end of the Daytona 500!

Edited by Garrett Duke

Qualifying was interesting with all 4 Hendrick cars in the top 4. I would have watched the Clash if I could have found a youtube stream in hd as my bluray player has a bunch of apps, youtube being one of them but it sounds like I didn't miss much. I couldn't believe what they aired on Fox instead of the Clash race, a freaking dog show, I thought it would have been college basketball or soccer but I guess they thought a dog show would get better ratings on Fox than a Nascar race :roll:

There will be an Earnhardt in 2 cup races this year, Jeffrey will drive the #81 Toyota for XCi Racing in both Talladega Cup races. The cars will basically be Gibbs racing cars so we'll get to see what he can do in top notch equipment. https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/02/14/jeffrey-earnhardt-to-drive-seven-races-for-new-cup-xfinity-team-in-2019/

On 2/24/2019 at 12:13 AM, RogerDuke said:

Well, it's the Dukes favorite NASCAR track so I hope that brings me luck. 

I remember years ago when John Schneider gave the command of Gentleman Start your engines at Atlanta. 

Sadly it didn't go Elliott's way or Johnson.  Johnson finished two laps down.  Brad Keselowski won. Had him to start on my fantasy NASCAR team but replaced him after I heard he had the flu and had a substitute driver on standby.  Ugh...

Congrats Roger on leapfrogging me in our league. :)

If that's the type of racing we get to look forward to the rest of the season for bigger than 1 mile tracks there's going to be a lot of boring follow the leader races as it seemed like it was really hard to pass after the tires were worn due to the new aero package. The only action was on restarts and on pit road. I wish the bigwigs at Nascar would just find a formula that works and leave it alone for a few years instead of changing the car every year.