NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

16 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I think we should all pull together and sponsor him. If we put in enough money we could probably get rights to paint and number the car. It would be cool to see an orange O1 car racing with HAZZARDNET painted on all four fenders. I suspect they won't let us do a Conferederate Flag though. Seriousely though, how expensive can it be? I'll give 20 dollars. Anybody else in? 

Sorry to say but $20 from us all wont even buy us an inch of advertisements on his car. Probably why NASCAR is having issues with that. I mean look at Lowes pulling out from Jimmie Johnson.  Or Dupont from Gordon. True their cars probably require more money than a lower funded team, but I'm sure even their sponsors pay a pretty penny to advertise on their car.

Sorry to burst your bubble Roger...

But talking sponsorships...the truck series is no longer Camping World Trucking Series,  but is Gander Trucking Series.  

2 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

What kind of scam are you running here Garrett? Okay, I'll chip in $30. Will that get us an orange 01 NASCAR car? 

Um no scam here...still doubt $30 would cover anything.  Look at this article from 2017 I found... https://racingnews.co/2017/09/21/nascar-sponsorship-costs/amp/

Sorry Rogerr. :(

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm not really rooting for the Rams, I'm rooting against the Patriots. My Steelers are the only team with 6 Super Bowl wins. The Patriots, Cowboys and 49ers all have 5 so I root against them. 

Well sorry Roger,  but have to say if I am rooting for anyone, it would be the Patriots.  Only because that's Donnie Wahlberg favorite team and well that's how I roll. I'm a big Donnie Wahlberg fan...Blue Bloods is my other favorite TV show.  So...go Pat's go. LOL. ;) Now if it were the Bears or the Panthers...Donnie would be on his own...

Now if Kurt Warner was still the QB for the Rams. I'd be all for the Rams. Kurt is from the same cold state I live at so gotta support him.  Tho he no longer plays...ha! 

But my real super bowl is the Daytona 500. The Super bowl of NASCAR! 25 loooonnnngggg days to go!

Edited by Garrett Duke

7 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm not really rooting for the Rams, I'm rooting against the Patriots. My Steelers are the only team with 6 Super Bowl wins. The Patriots, Cowboys and 49ers all have 5 so I root against them. 

I am rooting FOR the Rams. As a California girl and someone who grew up near L.A., I'm a long time Rams fan. Loved the Kurt Warner years. I was hoping for a Chargers/Rams Super Bowl, but that was a huge longshot. My family lived in San Diego until the early 70's and I still have plenty of relatives near San Diego, so I've been a Chargers fan for a while too. They were my grandmother's favorite team.

On 1/23/2019 at 9:50 PM, Meadowmufn said:

I am rooting FOR the Rams. As a California girl and someone who grew up near L.A., I'm a long time Rams fan. Loved the Kurt Warner years. I was hoping for a Chargers/Rams Super Bowl, but that was a huge longshot. My family lived in San Diego until the early 70's and I still have plenty of relatives near San Diego, so I've been a Chargers fan for a while too. They were my grandmother's favorite team.

I believe Jimmie Johnson is a a Chargers fan...he's from around San Diego area. 

Well just to let you all know how bad I have my NASCAR withdrawal...I just looked  at my weather app. It says with windchill it is -24. My first thought was well its negative Jeff Gordon.  Guess it would be William Byron, but to me, 24 will always be Jeff Gordon.  

Talking Jeff Gordon...he signed an extension on his FOX broadcasting contract.  Yay! Also whenever Rick Hendrick decides to retire, he will be stepping in. 

19 more days...lol. ;)

I'm looking forward to testing out my new soundbar with Daytona, I know NHRA races sound awesome on it so I hope Nascar does as well :) .

Richard Petty's grandson Thad Moffit to make ARCA debut @ Daytona 40 years after Kyle Petty's ARCA debut win. https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/01/28/richard-pettys-grandson-thad-moffitt-to-make-daytona-debut-in-arca-season-opener/ would be awesome if he could win it. 

Here's a quick look at some of the 2019 paint schemes https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/01/26/updated-2019-nascar-cup-series-paint-schemes/

I think they are taking it a bit far myself.  I dont understand how a car can pass through pre race inspection and through pit stops and yet fail post race inspection.  

On another note,  I have a fantasy NASCAR  league that I'd love to have any or all of you to join. Its through NASCAR.COM, it's free and fun to play.  Let me know and I'll send an invite.  

20 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I think they are taking it a bit far myself.  I dont understand how a car can pass through pre race inspection and through pit stops and yet fail post race inspection.    

Yeah I still can't wrap my head around that. It's not like Nascar doesn't have cameras everywhere around the garage and pit areas so I doubt teams would install illegal parts or do body mods at the track. I personally think they just use post race inspection "fails" to manipulate the points.

The Gen 7 "Stock Car" will arrive at Daytona in 2021 https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/02/03/generation-7-nascar-date-2021/ Will basically be like the current body but allow more front and rear changes to reflect OEM street car that it is based off of. New engines will come after 2021. Hope 2021 won't be the death of the v8 in Nascar.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah I still can't wrap my head around that. It's not like Nascar doesn't have cameras everywhere around the garage and pit areas so I doubt teams would install illegal parts or do body mods at the track. I personally think they just use post race inspection "fails" to manipulate the points.

The Gen 7 "Stock Car" will arrive at Daytona in 2021 https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/02/03/generation-7-nascar-date-2021/ Will basically be like the current body but allow more front and rear changes to reflect OEM street car that it is based off of. New engines will come after 2021. Hope 2021 won't be the death of the v8 in Nascar.

Y'all know I love my NASCAR and I've been a fan too long to stop now, but NASCAR  needs to get their hands out of the car and race and ALLOW the drivers and crews do their jobs...to race. I dont understand why they feel the need to constantly change things and implement new rules when they HAD a great thing to start with. The Chase has put a big dent in it I think and then the illumination segments make it worse and now the stage wins and points?  I'm sorry,  but they change the whole race outcome by all this. They do add some sort of excitement to it, but it's not all about racing anymore as it once was. 

OK my rant is over for now. They have the pre season race "The Clash" on this Sunday at 3 EST on F1.

Y'all hear that?  There is a race this weekend!  Bet you don't know who's excited...(despite my rant.)