NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

Well to get back to topic...the boys are in Las Vegas this weekend. Kyle and Kurt Busch's home track. I only got to watch the first few laps last week's race due to the rain delay cutting into it...but I got to watch them interview everyone with two legs (as Tony Stewart put it a few years back) before they went racing last weekend. ;) Hopefully the race will dry for tomorrow's race...and that Jimmie Johnson will be able to finish it. He's had such rotten luck this year so far. He got wrecked out in the pre season race, in his qualifying race, out of the Daytona 500, and last weekend. So I guess all we can go is up from here. I'm not too worried...him and Chad Knaus will rise from this and come out stronger than before. But still irritating to see his season start off like this...

Talking NASCAR...did y'all see that John Schneider is having a big get together on his birthday weekend. Where he himself will be jumping the General Lee AND he will be chased by CARL EDWARDS! I so wish I could go. Sadly I don't have the money or the means to go...guess I'll be there in thought. Still think it is pretty cool that he will have Carl Edwards there.

Thanks for the NASCAR update and as always it's great to hear from you. Wow! I hadn't heard that about John Schneider. He'll be 58 on April 8 and I will turn 58 just 7 days after that. I can't afford to jump in a General Lee so I might jump over one. I'm considering hopping on my Yamaha dirt bike and jumping over one of my toy General Lees just so I can act like a Duke boy too.

7 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Talking NASCAR...did y'all see that John Schneider is having a big get together on his birthday weekend. Where he himself will be jumping the General Lee AND he will be chased by CARL EDWARDS! I so wish I could go. Sadly I don't have the money or the means to go...guess I'll be there in thought. Still think it is pretty cool that he will have Carl Edwards there.

Here's John's promo video for the event. It's a shame he forgot to say if there'd be adequate parking ;):

They could've picked a better website name, as it's possible to misread the URL: https://bosextravaganza.com

These are the current prices on the ticketing site:

Bo's Extravaganza Single Day General Admission Tickets
$49.56

Bo's Extravaganza 2 Day General Admission Ticket
$44.28 – $81.24

Bo's Extravaganza VIP
$423.30 – $740.02

In case anyone's worried about another 1969 Dodge Charger being destroyed, here's a video from the site which was new to me:

It's not far off what they did on "The Fall Guy". After wrecking several stock trucks, a custom "jump truck" was built with better suspension and the motor moved to middle.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like an Earnhardt in a Cup series race streak ends this weekend as Jeffrey Earnhardt is out of the #00 Camaro http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/03/19/jeffrey-earnhardt-starcom-racing-part-ways/ I think this will be the first race since 1979 that an Earnhardt hasn't raced. Landon Cassil is taking over the wheel for the #00 Camaro for the next few weeks http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/03/19/landon-cassill-gets-cup-ride-for-martinsville-texas/ .

On 3/21/2018 at 9:16 PM, Hobie Harkins said:

I feel the same way! I remember when they came out! I was 14...a freshman in high school!

You're older than I thought. I don't know what was making me think you were younger. I suppose it's not possible to make shine as good as yours and be young. Talent like that takes decades to acquire.

Well y'all may complain about Jeffery Earnhardt getting the boot...but there is two sides to every situation. ;) Landon Cassill was born and raised a half hour away from where I grew up and live at. His parents own a car lot there so do see a lot of Cassill cars around. ;) I am not saying I am glad that Jeffery Earnhardt is out of a ride. He seems like a good guy too and it will seem odd to watch a race without an Earnhardt in it. But am glad to see Landon get a car and get back on the track as well. 

With that said, really don't have much to report. I missed last week's race last weekend. Martin Truex Jr came won the race and Jimmie Johnson had his best finish of the season at 9th. I really hope Johnson and the Hendrick boys will get a hold of the Camaro and get back up to speed. They are at Martinsville this weekend and Johnson is normally pretty good there...fingers crossed for a great race (well I'm hoping at least)

Talking about Johnson...y'all here that Lowe's is dropping their sponsorship for him after this year? They have been his sponsor since he started in the Cup series in 2002, his primary sponsor since I think 2005. Lowe's has been a sponsor in NASCAR long before that as well. Perhaps I am taking this out of proportion, but am kinda wondering if this has to do with NASCAR and the dwindling down of fans in the stands. I don't know, but it will be odd to see JJ out on the track next year without Lowes on his car...

Well I am rambling once again. I am sorry for my sporadic posts. Life has been busy with two jobs, two dogs, and you know...being an adult. Yuck. LOL. ;) Hoping to watch Martinsville on Sunday so maybe I will peep in and give an update or two. 

Baseball season will start at the end of next week...and then all will be perfect again. :) Go CUBS!

18 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Baseball season will start at the end of next week...and then all will be perfect again. :) Go CUBS!

I'm sorry I didn't join your league but I couldn't make the draft and I hate having the computer pick for me. I'm only in one league this year and it's a public league so I don't know anybody. That's less embarrassing if you lose but not as gratifying if you win. You'll be happy to know I have three Cubs. My number two pick was Kris Bryant. I also have Lester and Happ. This might be the best draft I've ever had so I'm excited. 

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I'm sorry I didn't join your league but I couldn't make the draft and I hate having the computer pick for me. I'm only in one league this year and it's a public league so I don't know anybody. That's less embarrassing if you lose but not as gratifying if you win. You'll be happy to know I have three Cubs. My number two pick was Kris Bryant. I also have Lester and Happ. This might be the best draft I've ever had so I'm excited. 

That is OK. I figured that is the reason why...sorry I didn't have it earlier. I didn't know what to do. I am in two leagues this year though am thinking of joining a public league and letting the computer pick and see what I get. I am too loyal to my Cubs and end up drafting more Cubs than any other team or players. Ironically in both leagues that I am in (my league and am in a league from someone at work) I got first pick. ..which never happens. So naturally I had to pick my number one favorite player that is still playing...Anthony Rizzo. Would love to have Rizzo and Bryant, but didn't get Bryant in any of my teams. :( I got Darvish in both leagues and I do have Lester in one league as well as  Happ. Rizzo and Lester have to be my top favorite active Cubs players (Ryne Sandberg and Kerry Wood will always be my all time favorite. Ryno was my hero growing up...) So will see where that gets me. Sounds like you have a great team, Roger. Just too bad it didn't work out it wasn't in my league...guess this way I won't be losing to you. LOL. ;) Best of luck!

Well y'al I got some horribly sad news. Not only did I get a bunch of snow yesterday (9.9 inches if the nasty white stuff for me. Yuck.) But so did Martinsville...meaning both the Truck race and the Cup race got postponed due to snow today and will race tomorrow.  While I'm at work.  I' so not happy with this...the snow and about the race. Ugh...

Only good thing that came of it was that I found the Cubs spring training game and was able to watch them. And they won!

Now only if JimmieJohnson wins tomorrow...even if I can't watch it...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well once again it has been awhile since I came along. Y'all haven't been forgotten about. Just life happens. 

I am excited with the news that Rick Hendrick has extended Chad Knaus' contract a couple of years. Knaus is Jimmie Johnson's crew chief and has been from the start of JJ's NASCAR career. Making them the longest paired driver/crew chief in NASCAR. I was really hoping they would re-sign Chad. Team 48 may be struggling this year...and last year, but I still believe they are the best out there and it would just be wrong to have Jimmie Johnson out there without Chad calling the shots. Then again, it's going to be odd to not see Lowe's on Jimmie's car next year. Seems so wrong...

So far, Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, and Martin Truex Jr has gotten most of the wins that is making the playoff picture a little more exciting. They are racing for lobster in New Loudon tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while so here's a big news update:

Toyota to run the Supra in the Xfinity series https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/07/05/toyota-unveils-supra-for-xfinity-series-in-2019/

Bubba Wallace to stick around in the #43 https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/07/28/bubba-wallaces-deal-extended-by-richard-petty-motorsports-beyond-2018/

Leavine Family Racing switching to Toyota's next season https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/08/05/leavine-family-racing-leaving-rcr-technical-alliance-after-this-season/

in related news... Kasey Kahne is retiring https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/08/16/kasey-kahne-retiring-from-full-time-racing-in-nascar/ Rumor has it LFR will partner with Joe Gibbs Racing like Furniture Row Racing has so Christopher Bell has a cup ride for next season.

Elliot Sadler is also Retiring https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/08/15/elliott-sadler-announces-end-of-full-time-nascar-career-after-2018/

Bil Elliot is coming out of Retirement for a 1 race deal with GMS racing for Road America https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/08/04/hall-of-famer-bill-elliott-to-drive-at-road-america-for-gms-racing/

Rumor has it Kurt Busch might replace Jamie McMurray @ Chip Ganassi Racing https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/kurt-busch-monster-leaving-stewart-haas-replace-mcmurray-ganassi-/3156861/?nrt=119

Ford is bringing the Mustang to Cup for 2019 here's a picture https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkK7H6WVsAEpEh3.jpg:large

:awesome::banana:Brian France steps away from Nascar https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2018/08/06/nascar-chairman-brian-france-arrested-for-driving-while-intoxicated/

Finally a Hendrick driver won a race this season when Chase Elliot drove his Hendrick #9 Chevy to victory @ Watkins Glen a few weeks ago. Glad somebody could beat the Kyle Busch, Martin Truex jr, & Kevin Harvick show this season has become, between the 3 of them they have won 17 of 23 races. If Austin Dillon has a few really bad races he could be the first driver since the "Win and your in" Chase/Playoffs rules were started to win and not be in the chase, he currently sits in 20th place in the points standings.

That's all for now folks...