General Lee Artwork

HossC

Didn't know whether to post this here or in Hobbies - I'm sure the forum mods can move it if they wish.

Since getting CorelDraw I've been playing around with vector-based artwork, and thought I'd have a crack at General Lee. It's still work-in-progress as I keep thinking of details to add/change.

Basically it's a mixture of styles - crossed flags from Geogia episodes, wider nudge bar, red Georgia plates, headrests from Lee 1, white letter tyres etc., but being vector-based they're all easily changable. If anyone has Corel or Illustrator and is interested, please PM me and i'll email you a copy. Alternatively I could send a PDF if you just want a print out (if anyone has 1.65Mb of online storage they could make it downloadable).

I've included a couple of smallish jpegs to look at. If you spot any glaring errors, please let me know (politely) - constructive feedback is always appreciated.

I've also done the Boars Nest sign, and am currently working on a single view of a Plymouth Fury Hazzard sheriff's car. Non DoH cars I've done (all single view) are: 1966 Mustang; 1970 El Camino; Starsky & Hutch Torino (1/2 finished); Christine (nearly finished).

post-6129-143050811842_thumb.jpg

post-6129-143050811847_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Thanks to Sissy and Alex for your recent comments. The General was my first attempt at computer artwork a little over 18 months ago. Looking back I realized how few reference pictures I used compared to more recent projects. There were also a few details that I was never happy with. This prompted me to take another look at the General. Initially I intended to modify the original artwork, but in the end this new version doesn't share a single line with the old one.

The original was a bit of mutt, with parts of different Generals mixed together. This one is roughly based on the early California cars. There's no white letter tires or side markers, but the front and rear under-bumper lights are still in place. It's also got the narrow pushbar. I'm not sure if the CB aerial is authentic - it was based on photos I had of a replica General.

NewGeneral1.jpg
NewGeneral2.jpg

Now that I've got a better Charger template I thought I'd do some variations:

1) Cale Yarborough's white Charger from 'Dukes Meet Cale Yarborough'.

2) The General painted green in 'Southern Comfurts'.

3) The bad guys' car Charger that became the General from 'Happy Birthday, General Lee'.

OtherChargers.jpg

Even though Orange is #1 in my book I have always thought pink General Lees were cool.......girl thang I guess.

The 1970 Dodge Charger was actually available in the factory High Impact Paint (HIP) color 'Panther Pink'. I have a 1:18 model of a Plymouth Cuda in the same color (Plymouth called it 'Moulin Rouge'), and I have to say that I quite like it. Whether I'd buy a car in that color is another matter though :). The 1970 Charger would have looked something like this:

PantherPink.jpg

The 1970 Dodge Charger was actually available in the factory High Impact Paint (HIP) color 'Panther Pink'. I have a 1:18 model of a Plymouth Cuda in the same color (Plymouth called it 'Moulin Rouge'), and I have to say that I quite like it. Whether I'd buy a car in that color is another matter though :). The 1970 Charger would have looked something like this:

PantherPink.jpg

To be totally honest that is beautiful. Thanks for sharing! I love that pink.....whats the hex value?

These are all amazing Hoss. Nice job. I'm surprised they never wrote an episode where Rosco and Boss swindled the Dukes out of the General Lee and transformed it into a Hazzard County patrol car. How much trouble would it be for you to make a vehicle like that?

It would have been sad fer that ta happen but interesting idea.