Our HazzardNet Family

RogerDuke

I went to a local carnival here in northwestern Pennsylvania tonight and had my orange 01 hat on. One of the guys running the rides got a big smile on his face and pulled out his cell phone and played his General Lee horn ringer.

We struck up a conversation and come to find out he logs on to the HazzardNet all the time but has never registered. He even knew yours truly and was familiar with the trivia threads.

He also said that his father used to be a member of our HazzardNet family but sadly passed away. He couldn't remember what his screen name was but remembered that it ended in 69 since his dad was such a big fan of a certain 1969 Dodge Charger.

It's always cool to meet new Dukes of Hazzard fans. I don't know why I haven't been wearing my 01 hat everywhere I go but after the great conversation I had with this fine young Dukes fan, I'm going to now.

He is temporarily without internet access but plans on getting it again soon and logging in. I hope we hear from the "Fireman" soon.

• 3 months later...
I need to get me a hat!

Our neighbor across the street has been seen wearing an orange "01" shirt. I wonder if he's been on HazzardNet. I should ask sometime. LOL. I wonder if he's noticed the "HazzardNet" wireless network in the neighborhood. LOL. It's funny how simple little things can strike up a good conversation.

• 2 weeks later...

Great story. Reminds me of a conversation in Bristol at Dukefest. I was walking through the crowd of 1000's and happened to have my Correctional Officer badge on my side. I heard, "Hey CO!" I stopped and turned to see where it came from. A man said, "I knew you'd turn around." He was a Correctional Officer From Atlanta.

Then in Nashville, I eased down closer to the stage waiting on Tom to come on stage. Security made us clear the steps. I eased in beside a man and his family. While waiting I noticed a young woman working security. The more I watched her the more I thought it was funny. I turned to the man and said something about, "Here we are mostly good, law abidding Hazzard folk, here with kids of all ages and that security officer is scared silly! I said I work with convicted felons and don't act like that." Her body language gave her away. He watched her a few seconds and said, "Yeah you're right. She is scared." We got to talking I was a Unit Manager in WV, he was a Case Manager Missouuri (I believe). Small world we are in or Hazzard is a very big place!

DixieDavenport

• 9 years later...
On 6/19/2010 at 10:40 PM, RogerDuke said:

I went to a local carnival here in northwestern Pennsylvania tonight and had my orange 01 hat on. One of the guys running the rides got a big smile on his face and pulled out his cell phone and played his General Lee horn ringer.

We struck up a conversation and come to find out he logs on to the HazzardNet all the time but has never registered. He even knew yours truly and was familiar with the trivia threads.

He also said that his father used to be a member of our HazzardNet family but sadly passed away. He couldn't remember what his screen name was but remembered that it ended in 69 since his dad was such a big fan of a certain 1969 Dodge Charger.

It's always cool to meet new Dukes of Hazzard fans. I don't know why I haven't been wearing my 01 hat everywhere I go but after the great conversation I had with this fine young Dukes fan, I'm going to now.

He is temporarily without internet access but plans on getting it again soon and logging in. I hope we hear from the "Fireman" soon.

Cousin Roger Duke... Did he run all over town puttin' out old flames? Lol. George Strait song The Fireman. I couldn't resist. ;)