The Farm

GeneralLeeGirl

Hey everybody... I know I haven't been on here for a while, but there's lots of reason! haha

As many of you know, I love the farm more than anything.

I live on our family farm that has been in the family for 100 years. My great-granddad was the first settler in this area, buying a 10 acre plot of land on the river bank. We still own the original homestead and have expanded the operation to over 3000 acres and 350 head of cattle.

We had a big scare this spring and wound up almost losing the whole spread. My dad went from driving truck part time to full time, and my mom had to go back to work. I ended up juggling going to school and putting the crop in myself this year. Once I was done at home I went out to work running tractor for some of the other guys around.

We managed to avoid catastrophe, (If just barely by the skin of our teeth) and managed to keep the farm!

I can't thank God enough for helping us through this spring and thank you guys here on Hnet for your prayers these past few months. I really can't thank you guys enough.

Things have finally settled down around here again and y'all will be seeing more of me!! YAY! haha

Wow, that was a pretty dramatic post GeneralLeeGirl!

If you would have jumped your tractor over a moving train and broke your cousin out of jail, you'd have written a pretty good Dukes episode.

Seriousely though, I'm glad to hear things are going great and you've turned the farm around with the help of the Good Lord.

As old Waylon would say ""Here on the HazzardNet, we tend to like happy endings".

(I might have slightly misquoted him)

You may have misquoted ol' Waylon, Roger? Hmmm sounded pretty good to me how you said it. Khee!

Welcome back General Lee Girl...glad to see you back and to hear that things are getting back to the way they should be for you. Sounds like you had a very stressful and hectic spring, but as I said, glad to hear that things have turned around for the better; the sounds of it; for you.

Welcome back!

Thanks everyone! Glad to be back!

If you would have jumped your tractor over a moving train and broke your cousin out of jail, you'd have written a pretty good Dukes episode.

hahaha... Well Roger I can't jump any of our tractors, (That I know of anyways...) but I CAN make our 7140 CaseIH drift around corners and spin round in circles pretty decently! ;) lol

Roger I belive it was the episode, New Deputy In Town. Lol GLG I can only imagine you doing that. Brings to mind a couple of weekends ago my honey got our truck stuck and he pulled it out with a David Brown that looks like it doesn't even run anymore. Lol I still like giving him a hard time about that. When it happened, I laughed til I was crying. Wish I had a picture to share....:rofl:

They did that at the end of a Dukes episode after they came up with enough money to get the tractor fixed. I can't remember which episode it was but the tractor was green.

It was a Deere I believe... My 7140 is wayyy bigger than that one that Luke was driving tho. (and way better cause it ain't a Deere! hahaha... Deere's look good but I find are a pain to operate.) I'm attaching a pic of my 7140. Minus the silage chopper and high-dump, that thing is soooo fun! haha

Roger I belive it was the episode, New Deputy In Town. Lol GLG I can only imagine you doing that. Brings to mind a couple of weekends ago my honey got our truck stuck and he pulled it out with a David Brown that looks like it doesn't even run anymore. Lol I still like giving him a hard time about that. When it happened, I laughed til I was crying. Wish I had a picture to share....:rofl:

HAHAHA! We got a little '48 Massy that we have to pull out for such occasions! it is the funniest thing ever to watch this little tractor trying to pull a pick-up outta the mud!

My neighbours have a David Brown that they make square bales with... Most every kid in the country started out learning how to run a tractor on that thing. Good memories... haha

post-6037-143050811366_thumb.jpg

I love this website.

We have a NASCAR thread and now we have a farm thread.

We even have threads for the swamp, the jail and the General Lee.

The Duke family would be proud.

Hmmm, is anybody out there an expert on dynamite and bows and arrows?

I think we can get that arranged.... What kid hasn't made a bow and arrow out of willow branches and at least one molotov cocktail in their lives?? hahaha