pressing question

Jamanda

Hi, we're new here but we just got the season 1 dvd and watched it twice. We got into dukes w/ the TNN reruns.

We have a very pressing question. How did Rosco and Enos tell their cars apart? It seems to me that one patrol car is specifically Rosco's and one belongs to the deputy. In later seasons, you could tell the difference because of Flash being in Rosco's car. But how did they tell them apart before Rosco got his little Velvet Ears?

BTW: we also have a really cute basset hound like Flash

Whose patrol car was whose didn't matter, because none of the cars lasted long enough for Rosco or Enos to get attached to them. I think Rosco took the better of the two, or whichever one Flash was sitting in. The bigger question might be, how did Flash tell the cars apart?!

By the way Jamanda - HazzardNet lets you have an ID absolutely free of charge, so ya'll can go ahead and each have yer own. If you want. Unless you're literally attached at the hip or somethin'. Well, it's good for families to do stuff together! Like visit HazzardNet!

Brian

the way the cars could be identified was that rosco had a confederate flag instead of a front number plate and enos did not have that

i guess that they could also tell them apart by looking at the rear number plates, but this means that rosco and enos could remember stuff like their number plates - which is an intellegance i do not believe that they have (no offence MaryAnne)

also, if they were chasing the duke boys, rosco and boss would always get in the car that is parked at the front

Thanks for your imput. It's just something we were wondering about.

Yes, there are two of us, Jamie and Amanda, and we're sisters. We are not joined at the hip but it's a lot more fun to read these things together so whenever we join clubs like this, we use the combined screen name (and we don't have to memorize multiple passwords). Also, this way one of us doesn't post something the other doesn't approve of.

:o

A little side note, we have another sister named Deb, and we have joined forums under the name Jamandeb before, but Deb moved out. When one of us finally moves out, one of us will probably join under another name.

• 4 weeks later...

My guess woulda been Crazy_C's suggestion.. the back plates. Their sirens were different too, but you can't tell that when the car's just sittin' there without the siren on.

But I think probably the best way they could tell which car was theirs was when the director told 'em which car to run to. LOL. :lol:

Meadowmufn

-------------------

HazzardNet Proprietor

Chief Sm@rtA$$

I think the ability to tell the squad cards apart is due to some bizarre, natural sense that is held by members of the Hazzard County Sheriff's Department.

Kinda like how Dukes can do a hood slide.

The truest test of this extra-sensory cop thang would be to crush all of the police cruisers beyond recognition - and then stack them in a random order. I'm willing to bet each cop could still pick out the cruiser that belonged to them.

My kind of science. Heh heh. *CRUNCH*

Brian

• 5 months later...

It's been a while but we have to bring this up again. In the episode where Jud Kaine is reunited with Luke, Bo passes a patrol car and Jud asks if it was the sheriff. Bo says, "No, that looks more like Enos's car."

Okay, okay, we figured out how Rosco and Enos could tell the cars apart, but how in Sam Hill was Bo able to do it? If he just saw that Enos was the one driving, why didn't he say, "No, that's Enos."?

Did Bo get that Hazzard Sheriff's Department 6th sense about patrol cars as well? When? When he and Luke were "Deputy Dukes" way back in Season 1?

Or did Bo witness the most recent fender bender the patrol cars had been in, which is how he knew the one he saw belonged to Enos?

Or did John Schnieder just goof up the line?

It's been a while but we have to bring this up again. In the episode where Jud Kaine is reunited with Luke, Bo passes a patrol car and Jud asks if it was the sheriff. Bo says, "No, that looks more like Enos's car."

Okay, okay, we figured out how Rosco and Enos could tell the cars apart, but how in Sam Hill was Bo able to do it? If he just saw that Enos was the one driving, why didn't he say, "No, that's Enos."?

Did Bo get that Hazzard Sheriff's Department 6th sense about patrol cars as well? When? When he and Luke were "Deputy Dukes" way back in Season 1?

Or did Bo witness the most recent fender bender the patrol cars had been in, which is how he knew the one he saw belonged to Enos?

Or did John Schnieder just goof up the line?