Save the Duke Farm

RogerDuke

Sorry about that guys didn't mean to take that out on yal.

My great aunt died my grandfathers last sibling so it wasn't the best for me to get on right then.

To be honest i hope it stands longer than im alive i would love it.

Dukefan: if you just drive up the driveway to my grandfathers house and knock on the door and tell him your there to see the duke house he will be fine with that. You will get to see all his pictures people have given him and sent him.

Heck one time someone was there looking at the house and Roscoe(cant remember his real name right now) pulled up in the cop car. He had a film crew with him and he talked to my grandfather and now its a dvd cant remember what its called.

As for the bridge you cant drive over it and i don't even know if you can walk on it. theres no trespassing sign on the gate that you can walk around lately. I use to drive my dirtbike across it when he first moved there but i don't know. but the home that i think owns the property of that is all fenced in and has a gate and everything

hope that helped some

Sorry to hear about your great aunt. I'll say a prayer for your grandfather and your family.

On a happier note, it sure is awesome to have you on here Nash. I love everything related to the Dukes so it's a real thrill for me to have a real connection to the Duke farm.

That land and farmhouse is where it all began and the Dukes of Hazzard has been a huge part of my life for over 3 decades so, even though I've never been there, it means a lot to me. I realize most of the shows were filmed in California but that doesn't matter. Your farm symbolizes everything that southern culture and the Dukes of Hazzard stands for and I'm very thankful that you care enough about the Dukes of Hazzard to continue posting here.

Guest SleepysRose

Nash I want to send you my prayers and condolences in the loss of your aunt. I am very sorry to hear that.

As far as the house you can see which logs are in the best condition and take it apart and make sure you number the logs so you know which one goes where and try to get logs closest to the year and grade of what the house is to restore it someone told me. Like I suggested see about getting assistance from the County to "rebuild" that house to it's original form. I don't know what else to suggest to be honest. I wish I did but that's really all I can think of to be honest. Every state is different when it comes to restoring a Historic home so if just depends on where you live.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
We are in danger of losing a piece of Americana.

The original Duke farm is in jeopardy.

Most of you know that the greatest show in the history of our planet originally began in northern Georgia with the first 5 episodes. The farm is now owned by the grandfather of a HazzardNet member, Nash.

I don't know if there's anything we can do to save the farm from falling in but we can't just sit around and do nothing. Uncle Jesse would be so ashamed of us if we didn't put up a good old-fashioned fight.

I'd like to see this thread become the most active one on the HazzardNet because this is a campaign we MUST win. We need to figure out a way to keep the Duke farm standing.

There's more information on this under the title "Georgia Trip" at the top of the forum page but I thought this title would be more appropriate and I'd like to make it a starting point to begin our fight to preserve this irreplaceable historic landmark.

Maybe we could call poiliticans in the state of Georgia and the county where the farm is located. If it was declared a historical landmark that would help. I know other homes that have been declared that....and they're not nearly as historical. Hopefully we can get ahold of some of the actors to get advice. I'm sure Ben, Sonny and John would be very interested.

Hopefully we can convince Nash to log in a lot to give us more information.

I'm open to all ideas but we MUST act!!

Even if you do nothing else, read this thread often and let us know you care.

Even though Im just joining this site I care about the Duke farm very much and would love to see it rebuilt. So what is the latest on this story does anyone know ? Or has anyone contacted the Politicans in Ga ? If not is there anything else being done that i may join in and help ?

Even though Im just joining this site I care about the Duke farm very much and would love to see it rebuilt. So what is the latest on this story does anyone know ? Or has anyone contacted the Politicans in Ga ? If not is there anything else being done that i may join in and help ?

Update: Im taling about the rebuilding of the farm as I am aware of its dismantel.

I think the original structure has now been scattered far and wide.

Just to show what was there and what's there now, here's the original Duke Farm in April 2010:

DukeFarm2010.jpg

It survived into 2011, but the first 2011 aerial is very blurry. By the end of 2011 the farm had gone:

DukeFarm2011.jpg

All that's left now is the stone from the fireplaces/chimneys. You can see for yourself on Google Maps. Although Street View only goes as far as the junction in the bottom right of the aerials above, if you drag the Street View figure across the farm location you can see about half a dozen photos of the farm before dismantling.

I think the original structure has now been scattered far and wide.

Just to show what was there and what's there now, here's the original Duke Farm in April 2010:

DukeFarm2010.jpg

It survived into 2011, but the first 2011 aerial is very blurry. By the end of 2011 the farm had gone:

DukeFarm2011.jpg

All that's left now is the stone from the fireplaces/chimneys. You can see for yourself on Google Maps. Although Street View only goes as far as the junction in the bottom right of the aerials above, if you drag the Street View figure across the farm location you can see about half a dozen photos of the farm before dismantling.

Dang that freakin sux bad !!!! Like what has been suggested I say we try and convience whoever to rebuild ( I would even go out there and build it myself)Hopefully its not a lost cause