Gulf of Mexico

I just noticed that this forum was originally set up because of Hurrican Katrina. Now it looks like there's another disaster coming New Orleans way. Unfortunately it's not just going to hurt them, but everybody who lives on the Gulf Coast.

CNN is now reporting that there's a fear that the oil may even go around the Florida Keys and head up the Atlantic along the east coast. Let's hope that doesn't happen. This thing is already a big enough catastrophy.

Guest SleepysRose

Roger if it is going to effect the Florida Keys I suggest you go to the Jimmy Buffett website and call one of the phone numbers on there and get in touch with Jimmy Buffett because he lives in Key West, FL. Plus that is where alot of the Manatees are and he is very active in that as well. So I hope that tid bit of info I mentioned helps put you in the right direction as far as getting a star involved since Buffett lives there in Key West.

• 2 weeks later...

That oil slick is huge! Ridiculous!

This is a huge environmental disaster and everyone and everything living in the Gulf Coast area are going to be paying the price for years! Hopefully their next attempt to cap the well head here this week works until they can get more rigs up to take off the pressure.

BP was about to start three off-shore drilling contracts in Canada's arctic, but since this catastrophe, the Canadian government has suspended their contracts until they can come up with a better disaster plan.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.