Belt Buckles

goldduster360

Maybe I have been watching these DVD's too much but has anybody noticed how many different belt buckles/type were worn by Bo and Luke. I noticed in slot machines Luke wore what looked like a bear's paw southwestern style buckle(very cool) and then wore some type of brass buckle with what looks like an indian women's head on it later on in the season. Seems like most of the publicity shots for season one showed the Bear's paw buckle.

Bo wore a big square buckle with a star in the middle and then also wore a big concho looking buckle. Anybody how many different ones they wore and if any are still in production? I tried looking for the bear's paw style and there are many out there but none match the one Luke originally wore.

Anyway, I am rediscovering "western wear" and thought a Luke issue belt buckle would be very DOH while also being very subtle(NO bright orange 001 buckles for me).

LOL You can never watch Dukes too much.

golduster360, I CAN'T relate to you about noticing the belt buckles but I can relate as far as noticing other things that nobody else probably does. (Well, they probably notice but not enough to get excited about it.)

Of course those things I notice are because I like them. I wrote down every episode that shows the Dukes cutting or splitting firewood because I like doing that myself so much.

I also wrote down other things I like, for example, wild medicinal herbs, the times they camped out, working in the fields, etc.

That's one reason I like Dukes so much, I can relate to them so well.....now if I could just get into NASCAR. I try but just can't seem to get excited about it for some reason. Shhh, don't tell Bo and Luke.

*Shocked look* What you mean, Roger, you don't like NASCAR? I never heard of such a thing as someone NOT liking NASCAR! Or I guess I should say someone that doesn't get excited about it. Dang Roger, you're missing out on the good stuff! ;) (Sorry Roger, I couldn't help but to give you a hard time about it...hope you know I was only teasing :) )

Maybe I have been watching these DVD's too much but has anybody noticed how many different belt buckles/type were worn by Bo and Luke. I noticed in slot machines Luke wore what looked like a bear's paw southwestern style buckle(very cool) and then wore some type of brass buckle with what looks like an indian women's head on it later on in the season. Seems like most of the publicity shots for season one showed the Bear's paw buckle.

Bo wore a big square buckle with a star in the middle and then also wore a big concho looking buckle. Anybody how many different ones they wore and if any are still in production? I tried looking for the bear's paw style and there are many out there but none match the one Luke originally wore.

So I'm not the only one that noticed!! LOL! Especially in the first season... I think Bo has 3 different buckles in as many shows! (Or darn near anyway!)

My brother has one very similar to Luke's bear paw one... I don't know where he got it though... I'll ask him for ya!

That's one reason I like Dukes so much, I can relate to them so well.....now if I could just get into NASCAR. I try but just can't seem to get excited about it for some reason. Shhh, don't tell Bo and Luke.

ROGER!!! You mean to say you're not into NASCAR!?!? WHAT?!?!?!

(LOL.. I'm just joking with ya. I ain't into NASCAR too much myself.. lmao.. Alberta NASCAR a.k.a Chuckwagon racing is more my style!)

*Shakes head* Still can't understand how anyone can't be a fan of NASCAR? What's not to like to watch a bunch of men chase each other in circles at a 190 mph? HA HA HA. Then again, I suppose we all have our own rights to our dislikes and likes. I'll try not to hold it against y'all. ;) (Though Roger, I think I will go tell Bo and Luke...maybe even Cooter...that you don't like NASCAR. They may like to know that you don't understand it. They'll be hurt to know that their own Uncle Jesse don't like it! ;) As a FOX NASCAR announcer says...I kid because I care! HA HA)

You know I must be losing my touch to noticing detail, because I don't think I ever thought much or noticed much about the boys' belt buckles. Then again, if I had to tell the truth, I can't remember the last time I watched the Dukes of Hazzard. (Horrible, ain't it?) Wish I had an extra hour a day to put a DVD in to watch...or maybe instead of going and booting up the old computer, I'd put in a DVD. Who knows...hopefully sometime soon I'll be able to watch an episode or two. (Perhaps Fridays now that CBS has pulled my other all time TV show: Numb3rs (After the Dukes, of course;) ).

LOL I knew I'd take a few hits on that one.

I really have made an honest effort to get into NASCAR but since there's so many other things to do in life it's tough. On the weekends I usually spend time with my eight year old grandson. I now have two more grandsons (1 year old and 9 months old) so when my older grandson gets old enough that he thinks hanging out with grandpa isn't cool anymore, the younger ones will be taking up a lot of my weekend time.

If it weren't for that, I really would try to get into it. I have a friend who is a NASCAR fanatic so I actually do know a lot about it since he's obsessed with it and I'm a person who's naturally inquisitive.

I wish there was an 01 car. I imagine every single NASCAR driver is a Dukes of Hazzard fan to some degree or another so I'm surprised the big name drivers don't fight for that number. How do they pick the car number anyways?

Oooooo a NASCAR question...

I think I know the answer to this one, so if it is wrong, someone please let me know.

I think NASCAR (the officials and the head people of NASCAR) is who owns the numbers and gives them to the car owners or team owners who hands them to the drivers.

Well Roger, I suppose you are forgiven for not watching or liking NASCAR. You've got a legit excuse to not watching it or following it - though in my opinion, you are missing out. HA HA. Kids are great and you need to enjoy them while you can at the age and stage they are in. They grow so quickly. So enjoy your grandchildren, Roger, you are deserving of it.

Well, your friend sounds like he knows his NASCAR. :D Glad to hear that I am not the only NASCAR fanatic. Though I have to ask, who does he follow...or who's his favorite driver? (Sorry....as I said, had to ask. I am always curious as to who is everyone's favorite driver is for some odd reason.)

It would be interesting to hear which drivers likes or use to watch the Dukes.

You are probably right that most or some of them were fans at one time or another. I know, if it weren't for the Dukes, I wouldn't like NASCAR. Before I got into the Dukes, I thought any sort of racing like NASCAR was a senseless sport - after all all they do is chase each other in circles for a few hours every week. Might as well as watch the dog chase it's tail - it's not as long and for the most part it won't get hurt. But now look at me...I can't stand to miss a race and look forward to the next race. Thanks to Bo, Luke, and The General Lee. :D Gotta love it!

(OK Roger...my lips are now sealed. Bo and Luke won't hear it from me. :D)

Edited by Garrett Duke

He likes Dale Jr. Come to think of it I really don't know why.

I'm not kidding about him being obsessed though. I bet it would be tough to find a question he didn't have the answer to.

I wonder if any NASCAR car was ever an orange 01 since 1979 when the show first came out. I doubt it would be a copyright infringment unless you named it the General Lee. I mean, nobody has exclusive rights to colors and numbers, not even Warner Brothers.

An orange 01 car would make me get into NASCAR. That or Cale Yarborough coming out of retirement. Does he have a son or grandson?

Maybe I'll see if my friend wants to get on the HazzardNet and run the old NASCAR thread that Darell used to run.

He's part of Jr Nation, huh? LOL. (Jr has been voted as the most popular driver for seven years now...therefore JR Nation.)

Don't know if Cale has a son or a grandson, would be interesting to know though and see if they decided to come into NASCAR. ;) If I hear, I'll let you know. As for another orange 01 car in NASCAR, I haven't heard of it. There are a couple of orange cars out there...Jeff Burton's car is orange kinda and is 31...at least has a one in it. HA HA. Not the same though.

Only here can we go from talking of belt buckles to NASCAR. ;)

HOLY! That was definitely a change in subject! ROFL! But I guess it is HNet! lol

To answer you question goldduster, my brother found his buckle on e-bay. Vague, I know, but that's where he found his...

Hope that helps you out some anyway!

Oh and Garrett, I also got a NASCAR question, since I don't follow this stuff either.. *Runs and hides somewhere* Paul Tracy isn't a Nascar driver is he? He's on some different circuit right? A friend and I were trying to figure out what circuit he was on. All I know is he's from Canada! lol

GeneralLeeGirl- No need to run and hide...I am attempting to understand how anyone could not like NASCAR. HA HA. Only teasing of course. Everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes. And sorry for the change of topics...once I get on the topic of NASCAR, I can go on and on with it. HA HA.

As for your question...Paul Tracy's name sounds familiar but he don't currently drive on the Sprint Cup Series that I follow. I will look it up as to which one he does...in NASCAR there is three series. The Camping World Series which is where they race trucks and the Nationwide Series which is kinda like what AAA baseball is to MLB if that makes sense. Sprint Cup Series is the big time circuit where Cale Yorobough and Richard Petty use to race, now it's names like Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Jr, Stewart and so forth race on. There are other types of racing though too...but am thinking that Paul Tracy's name sounds somewhat familiar. I don't follow or watch the truck series or Nationwide, though do kinda look who wins what and what not if I think about it so maybe he races one of those.

OK I lied. Couldn't find him on those pages so I googled his name and this is what I came up with. http://www.paultracy.com/ didn't read too much into it, but looks like an indy car maybe. Could be wrong. Hope that helps. ;)

Talking of Canada, Jeff Gordon (my all time favorite NASCAR driver) is helping to design a NASCAR track in Canada somewhere. I am very interested to see what it looks like and if the Sprint Cup would go there. Not that I'd be able to, but still interested...

GeneralLeeGirl- No need to run and hide...I am attempting to understand how anyone could not like NASCAR. HA HA. Only teasing of course. Everyone is entitled to their likes and dislikes. And sorry for the change of topics...once I get on the topic of NASCAR, I can go on and on with it. HA HA.

As for your question...Paul Tracy's name sounds familiar but he don't currently drive on the Sprint Cup Series that I follow. I will look it up as to which one he does...in NASCAR there is three series. The Camping World Series which is where they race trucks and the Nationwide Series which is kinda like what AAA baseball is to MLB if that makes sense. Sprint Cup Series is the big time circuit where Cale Yorobough and Richard Petty use to race, now it's names like Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Jr, Stewart and so forth race on. There are other types of racing though too...but am thinking that Paul Tracy's name sounds somewhat familiar. I don't follow or watch the truck series or Nationwide, though do kinda look who wins what and what not if I think about it so maybe he races one of those.

OK I lied. Couldn't find him on those pages so I googled his name and this is what I came up with. http://www.paultracy.com/ didn't read too much into it, but looks like an indy car maybe. Could be wrong. Hope that helps. ;)

Talking of Canada, Jeff Gordon (my all time favorite NASCAR driver) is helping to design a NASCAR track in Canada somewhere. I am very interested to see what it looks like and if the Sprint Cup would go there. Not that I'd be able to, but still interested...

Hate to say I told ya so GLG, but I told ya so!

HOLY! That was definitely a change in subject! ROFL! But I guess it is HNet! lol

To answer you question goldduster, my brother found his buckle on e-bay. Vague, I know, but that's where he found his...

Hope that helps you out some anyway!

l

Thanx GeneralLeeGirl, I have been scouring ebay too. None out there that match exactly. I am pretty sure Luke's is made of sterling silver and is custom made Navajo or Aztec. There are scads of them out there but none have that contemporary look like his with the exposed belt hook end. Most are also really large(Big Boy Country Style) which would not look too subtle for daily wear.

I was in a western wear supply store over the weekend and all they had were trophy buckles(Hey do you want to kick my ass buckles) and really large Johnny Cash looking stuff. Not that I am knocking that look entirely maybe I am not ready for it yet. Baby steps......:lol: