Arrest Chet Duke!

MaryAnne

*blows the end of the barrell of the dart gun and then holsters it again. Walks over to cousin slumped down on the ground, out like a light. Kneels down to him* Rock-a-by Brian, on the street curb... Khee... *looks up at Alex, Doc, Bo n' Luke*

Awright, since my jail is busted up and I ain't throwin' him in with Chet, Doc, if I may, I'd like to have Brian held over at your clinic. Alex, if you'd be so kind as to carry Brian over there, and you two ruffians - *looks at Bo and Luke* - can help. *grins*

Easy tho', don't go bustin' up his ribs and innards anymore than they already are. *stands up and steps back to allow the boys room to pick up Brian*

(I have to pause here but y'all can carry on!)

*standing over Brian then crouches down, gazing at Bo and Luke* Ill get him under his arms, you each want to grab a leg?

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*standing over Brian then crouches down, gazing at Bo and Luke* Ill get him under his arms, you each want to grab a leg?

*watching, agape, as MaryAnne tranqs Brian, I can't help but chuckle as he staggers and goes down, knowing it won't hurt him, just knock him cold - which wouldn't be a bad thing with his injuries.* I'll get his legs, Alex. Luke, can you get the doors? *bending down to pick up Brian's legs.* Why do I always get the back end? *asked of no one in particular with a rueful shake of my head.*

*blows the end of the barrell of the dart gun and then holsters it again. Walks over to cousin slumped down on the ground, out like a light. Kneels down to him* Rock-a-by Brian, on the street curb... Khee... *looks up at Alex, Doc, Bo n' Luke*

Awright, since my jail is busted up and I ain't throwin' him in with Chet, Doc, if I may, I'd like to have Brian held over at your clinic. Alex, if you'd be so kind as to carry Brian over there, and you two ruffians - *looks at Bo and Luke* - can help. *grins*

Easy tho', don't go bustin' up his ribs and innards anymore than they already are. *stands up and steps back to allow the boys room to pick up Brian*

*having watched the whole thing with a wry knowledge that getting in the way would bring wrath of one Coltrane or another down, I now glance to MaryAnne with a half-winced little grin* Promise not to use it on us? *thinking to myself that it's actually a very handy way to get Brian returned to the clinic though... which he's avoiding and could really still use time at. I gesture to Bo to help grab said black-clad medical escapee... then think twice about the mechanics of three men trying to carry one limp form*

Um, I think this might be best handled by two. Yeah, I'll grab the doors. And gimme Brian's jacket... that'll remove some weight right there.

*having watched the whole thing with a wry knowledge that getting in the way would bring wrath of one Coltrane or another down, I now glance to MaryAnne with a half-winced little grin* Promise not to use it on us? *thinking to myself that it's actually a very handy way to get Brian returned to the clinic though... which he's avoiding and could really still use time at. I gesture to Bo to help grab said black-clad medical escapee... then think twice about the mechanics of three men trying to carry one limp form*

Um, I think this might be best handled by two. Yeah, I'll grab the doors. And gimme Brian's jacket... that'll remove some weight right there.

]

*About to lift Brian but stops, carefully easing him flat and removing his jacket then hands it to Luke... then looks at Bo as he gets Brian's legs* Ready? One.. Two.. Three! *together they get Brian up and off the concrete and begin to head to the clinic* Youre right Luke hes a lot lighter without the jacket! *chuckles*

]

*About to lift Brian but stops, carefully easing him flat and removing his jacket then hands it to Luke... then looks at Bo as he gets Brian's legs* Ready? One.. Two.. Three! *together they get Brian up and off the concrete and begin to head to the clinic* Youre right Luke hes a lot lighter without the jacket! *chuckles*

*chuckling myself, turning to lead the way to the clinic, thick black leather jacket slung casually over my shoulder. It is heavy... idly I wonder just what all's hidden in here...*

*chuckling myself, turning to lead the way to the clinic, thick black leather jacket slung casually over my shoulder. It is heavy... idly I wonder just what all's hidden in here...*

Well, he keeps as much in that jacket as most guys do in a briefcase...no wonder he's about 10 pounds lighter without it. *chuckling, carefully carrying the black-clad 'outlaw' with the other 'ruffians' of my acquaintance.*

Well, he keeps as much in that jacket as most guys do in a briefcase...no wonder he's about 10 pounds lighter without it. *chuckling, carefully carrying the black-clad 'outlaw' with the other 'ruffians' of my acquaintance.*

More. *joking* The jacket weighs more'n ten pounds.

*with another low chuckle, I lead the way down the sidewalk to the clinic, climbing the steps to pull the door open, gesturing the blonds and their burden through, then letting the door fall shut again behind, following as they carry Brian through into the very room he'd escaped from, heaving the black-clad Coltrane onto the bed* MaryAnne gonna handcuff him again? *asked half about and half toward the deputy bringing up the rear of this little parade*

*with another low chuckle, I lead the way down the sidewalk to the clinic, climbing the steps to pull the door open, gesturing the blonds and their burden through, then letting the door fall shut again behind, following as they carry Brian through into the very room he'd escaped from, heaving the black-clad Coltrane onto the bed* MaryAnne gonna handcuff him again? *asked half about and half toward the deputy bringing up the rear of this little parade*

*walks backwards into the clinic and helps gently place Brian on the bed, then glances at Luke at the question* Oh I'm sure MaryAnne will shackle him to the bed, probably arms and legs so he doesnt get away again.

*having no objections to this change in venue, opens the door to allows the boys to carry Brian in and stands next to the bed* The bed have their own restraints, though I don't need them often, but given the traq gun, i doubt we'll need to find out for a few hours. Although I don't envy the headaches Brian and Chet will have when they wake up.

*having no objections to this change in venue, opens the door to allows the boys to carry Brian in and stands next to the bed* The bed have their own restraints, though I don't need them often, but given the traq gun, i doubt we'll need to find out for a few hours. Although I don't envy the headaches Brian and Chet will have when they wake up.

*nods to Doc* Chance is right, I'm not worried about restraining Brian down. He's out like a light and will be until morning.

I suggest everyone go home and get some rest and I'll see y'all in the AM...

*after a long day of shenanigans, the town of Hazzard settles down for the night. Early the next morning, MaryAnne returned to town. She stopped at the jail to check on the status of county business, and on Chet, who was still asleep in his cell. She then went over to the clinic to check on Brian*

*She walked into the exam room where Brian was laying comfortably on one of the beds. MaryAnne looked around and saw Doc had a pot of coffee going already. She walked over to the pot and decided to take a chance on the brew*

*after fixing a cup, she turned back to Brian still sleeping.*

*nods to Doc* Chance is right, I'm not worried about restraining Brian down. He's out like a light and will be until morning.

*after a long day of shenanigans, the town of Hazzard settles down for the night. Early the next morning, MaryAnne returned to town. She stopped at the jail to check on the status of county business, and on Chet, who was still asleep in his cell. She then went over to the clinic to check on Brian*

*She walked into the exam room where Brian was laying comfortably on one of the beds. MaryAnne looked around and saw Doc had a pot of coffee going already. She walked over to the pot and decided to take a chance on the brew*

*From another room, a blond head and a pair of dark eyes peer around the frame of the room's doorway, seeing MaryAnne with her kin... about to go in but stops, deciding to just hang back and silently watch...*

*The scent of Doc's full-octane coffee hadn't riled the slumbering Coltrane, who looks peaceful enough in repose, with a pillow under his head and a cotton blanket over his body. The chest rises and falls with slow, regular breathing. Only the pale pallor of his face speaks for the effect of the earlier injuries, which were probably not helped by earlier refusals to stay put. The tranquilizer dart, therefore, was likely an act of kindness...allowing one prideful Coltarne to save face, while giving him a chance to rest up.*

....Zzzzzz.....zzzzz....zzzzz......

*The scent of Doc's full-octane coffee hadn't riled the slumbering Coltrane, who looks peaceful enough in repose, with a pillow under his head and a cotton blanket over his body. The chest rises and falls with slow, regular breathing. Only the pale pallor of his face speaks for the effect of the earlier injuries, which were probably not helped by earlier refusals to stay put. The tranquilizer dart, therefore, was likely an act of kindness...allowing one prideful Coltarne to save face, while giving him a chance to rest up.*

....Zzzzzz.....zzzzz....zzzzz......

*watches the slumbering cousin for a moment, thankful for the peaceful respite and the fact that he was alive and safe. MaryAnne is unaware that Alex is in the other room. She sips on the coffee, pauses as she registers it's strong content and then gives her head a shake.* Damn...

*She walks over to the bed, placing the coffee cup down on a nearby table. She hated to wake him, but they did have some stuff to talk about* Brian? Can you hear me?

*Meanwhile, I slowly direct my motorcycle into town after reaching the outskirts of town only to rethink my decision of leaving town for awhile and to hide out despite being safe, had changed my mind. Parking my motorcycle back in front of the court house, I notice how everyone has left, including Chet's still body, and silently wonder where everyone is at. Getting off my motorcycle, I slowly begin to walk towards the court house, ignoring the constant pain the screams at my from my chest. Walk to the court house with thought of visiting Chet despite what Brian had said Chet had said towards me. Afterall, Chet had opted to have me live over his beloved horse. I at least owe him a thanks whether or not he wants to hear it or to see me. Rubbing my chest a moment, I walk the steps before turning around to find cars back at the clinic and wonder what is going on there. Wonder if it all is starting all over again, this time without me.*

(Sorry to post and run, but I'll be away from my computer for awhile, but will be back)

*watches the slumbering cousin for a moment, thankful for the peaceful respite and the fact that he was alive and safe. MaryAnne is unaware that Alex is in the other room. She sips on the coffee, pauses as she registers it's strong content and then gives her head a shake.* Damn...

*She walks over to the bed, placing the coffee cup down on a nearby table. She hated to wake him, but they did have some stuff to talk about* Brian? Can you hear me?

Zzzzzzzzzz......zzzzzz......zzzzzz..... *a delayed reaction works it's way through the fogged mind, eventually resulting in a response of....*

Zzzzz...xngth? -- Mrgh.....urlf.... *murmuring incoherently, surfacing to conciousness with difficulty. Finally blinks eyes open, squinting at the bright morning light in the room*

*tongue feels thick, and speaks with a dry rasp, barely awake*

Am I alive? ...Can't tell by the feel.....

Zzzzzzzzzz......zzzzzz......zzzzzz..... *a delayed reaction works it's way through the fogged mind, eventually resulting in a response of....*

Zzzzz...xngth? -- Mrgh.....urlf.... *murmuring incoherently, surfacing to conciousness with difficulty. Finally blinks eyes open, squinting at the bright morning light in the room*

*tongue feels thick, and speaks with a dry rasp, barely awake*

Am I alive? ...Can't tell by the feel.....

*chuckles softly* Yeah, cousin, you're alive. Probably feel like ya got hit by a mack truck but you're alive.

Well, I had to get a little rough with ya. Sorry about that. *smiles* If you had stayed put like I asked ya to....

*slow grin spreads across face* I couldn't do that to you. Woulda been damn disappointin' if ah'd just walked up the courthouse steps, mild as a lamb, when you had a dart ready with mah name on it.

*pauses* Though if ah'd known how much that shot was gonna hurt, I'd of taken the easy route. Too late now. *soft chuckle* Tho' ah'm sure you ain't over heah just to heah me whine. We got unfinished business.

*walks in from the office, own working hours having started already, wearing her labcoat* I see the patient is awake, and you found the coffee, deputy. strong enough for a cop? *smiles, goes over to Brian, touching his forehead* Feeling like the morning after, dear?

Worse. *lifting eyes up to Doc, offering her a smile* If you got an antidote, I'd be interested. 'Cause ah've a feelin' that MaryAnne's got official Depu-talkin' to do, and I'd better be able to remember it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.