Arrest Chet Duke!

MaryAnne

*stepping inside carefully, glancing down to check for any gaps in the floor, then pushing Daney ahead of me again* It'll do. Would ya get that rope outta the trunk, cousin? We'll truss her up, then set up camp.

Sure. *giving another glance around, then heading back out to the car, grabbing a length of rope from the trunk, leaving the lid open so that it's easily accessible. Going back inside I grab one of the chairs from the table and set it in the middle of the room, moving the table aside to be out of the way, and leave the chair standing alone. Moving the furniture throws up a cloud of dust, and it's all I can do not to sneeze* Have a seat, Daney. *brushing off the seat of the chair with my hand, then wiping my hand on my blue jeans.*

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*outside with Garrett, gestures to the passenger side of Diablo* Git in. Ah'll drive. *opening the car door and getting in carefully, moving stiff. Lets out a slow breath once situated behind the wheel. Starts Diablo's motor* Alex and me go way back, but it looks like we ain't goin' any farther ahead. S' just you n' me from heah on out, and I know you aint' exactly thrilled with the side yer on.

Sure. *giving another glance around, then heading back out to the car, grabbing a length of rope from the trunk, leaving the lid open so that it's easily accessible. Going back inside I grab one of the chairs from the table and set it in the middle of the room, moving the table aside to be out of the way, and leave the chair standing alone. Moving the furniture throws up a cloud of dust, and it's all I can do not to sneeze* Have a seat, Daney. *brushing off the seat of the chair with my hand, then wiping my hand on my blue jeans.*

Nice idea, Bo, but I don't know how long we'll be here. I was thinkin' of tyin' her to one of those cots... then takin' turns keeping watch and getting a little sleep outselves. Never know when we might get called back into the action. *a long look at the dusty old mattress, then to our captive... then a slight sigh* Even though I'm mad at her, I'm still a Duke... Bo, toss our rattiest blanket over that there cot in the corner, then cut a couple, say, three-foot lengths off that rope.

Nice idea, Bo, but I don't know how long we'll be here. I was thinkin' of tyin' her to one of those cots... then takin' turns keeping watch and getting a little sleep outselves. Never know when we might get called back into the action. *a long look at the dusty old mattress, then to our captive... then a slight sigh* Even though I'm mad at her, I'm still a Duke... Bo, toss our rattiest blanket over that there cot in the corner, then cut a couple, say, three-foot lengths off that rope.

Okay. *smiling at Luke* I was planning on tying her there later anyway...just figured for now. *heading back out to the car and bringing in a load of blankets. Tossing one of the blankets, the rattiest, as instructed, over one of the cots, I get it situated then look at our "guest".* You heard him...*moving to the table as I speak and cutting up one of the ropes into the appropriate lengths.*

Okay. *smiling at Luke* I was planning on tying her there later anyway...just figured for now. *heading back out to the car and bringing in a load of blankets. Tossing one of the blankets, the rattiest, as instructed, over one of the cots, I get it situated then look at our "guest".* You heard him...*moving to the table as I speak and cutting up one of the ropes into the appropriate lengths.*

*directing Daney to the cot, using the rope to tie her wrists together, then her feet... using another piece to tie her bound wrists to the bedframe itself, out of her reach* There ya go. Hey, at least we didn't make you sit in the corner. *small, half-evil smirk... then leaving Bo to watch her as I go out to bring the rest of the camping gear in, including the mess kit... then heading for the corner of the nearby shed, nearly falling down now, to grab wood from the tarp-covered stack there for the stove.*

*outside with Garrett, gestures to the passenger side of Diablo* Git in. Ah'll drive. *opening the car door and getting in carefully, moving stiff. Lets out a slow breath once situated behind the wheel. Starts Diablo's motor* Alex and me go way back, but it looks like we ain't goin' any farther ahead. S' just you n' me from heah on out, and I know you aint' exactly thrilled with the side yer on.

*on feet, though still tied to the chair, hears the sound of Diablo starting up, turning toward the door* Damn it... *looks back at the wall and turns sideways... flexes feet and legs a little wishing for better more secure stance but ropes preventing this.. heads over to the wall and suddenly turns, throwing weight and chair into the wall and falls into it, hoping to break the chair...chair lands with a thud into the wall but remains intact* Aw hell...*gives a sigh* Damn good country craftmanship...*mutters then stands again and takes a few steps forward, going to try again*

*Nods silently while moving to the passenger side of Diablo before getting in and closing the door behind me. Glancing over at Brian, think of what he had just said before breaking the silence.* Well we may not have always seen eye to eye on things or been on each other's sides in the past, but I do know how it feels to part ways from someone you trust. *Goes silent to look out the window, sorting through thoughts and emotions, before switching subjects.* Nice car.

*Nods silently while moving to the passenger side of Diablo before getting in and closing the door behind me. Glancing over at Brian, think of what he had just said before breaking the silence.* Well we may not have always seen eye to eye on things or been on each other's sides in the past, but I do know how it feels to part ways from someone you trust. *Goes silent to look out the window, sorting through thoughts and emotions, before switching subjects.* Nice car.

Hmm. Thanks. *puts Diablo in gear and slowly drives the big Chevy down the hill, clenching jaw at the bumpy ride, which riles the busted-up ribs and bruised innards. Once back on the highway, reaches for the CB*

Tell ya what. Let's make sure Daney's safe and sound, eh? *presses the talk button on the handset* Blackbird to Black Sheep, come back. Ya'll in hearin' range?

Hmm. Thanks. *puts Diablo in gear and slowly drives the big Chevy down the hill, clenching jaw at the bumpy ride, which riles the busted-up ribs and bruised innards. Once back on the highway, reaches for the CB*

Tell ya what. Let's make sure Daney's safe and sound, eh? *presses the talk button on the handset* Blackbird to Black Sheep, come back. Ya'll in hearin' range?

Yeah, OK *Hand goes to pocket routinely for cigarette before remembering they're no longer there. Goes back to looking out the passenger window.*

(Well, off to bed for me. Try to check back tomorrow night. :) )

*looking at the General from where I'm heading back into the cabin... setting an armload of firewood down to go answer the call, leaning in the Charger's window to grab the mic*

One Black Sheep here, Blackbird. *almost-amusement in the tone, at the changing of Duke handles... though in league with a certain Coltrane, I suppose it could be apt* Cooter's boosting unit on the General did its job; I hear ya. *even though most CB's wouldn't reach out here, thanks to the interference*

*looking at the General from where I'm heading back into the cabin... setting an armload of firewood down to go answer the call, leaning in the Charger's window to grab the mic*

One Black Sheep here, Blackbird. *almost-amusement in the tone, at the changing of Duke handles... though in league with a certain Coltrane, I suppose it could be apt* Cooter's boosting unit on the General did its job; I hear ya. *even though most CB's wouldn't reach out here, thanks to the interference*

Good, yer on the air. I just need a status report. How's your "guest"? Everythang awright?

Good, yer on the air. I just need a status report. How's your "guest"? Everythang awright?

*glancing briefly over my shoulder; habit even though I can't seen inside from here* Yup. Trussed up like a Christmas ham. We're settlin' in here for the haul; how's the plan on your end? *unaware...*

*on feet, though still tied to the chair, hears the sound of Diablo starting up, turning toward the door* Damn it... *looks back at the wall and turns sideways... flexes feet and legs a little wishing for better more secure stance but ropes preventing this.. heads over to the wall and suddenly turns, throwing weight and chair into the wall and falls into it, hoping to break the chair...chair lands with a thud into the wall but remains intact* Aw hell...*gives a sigh* Damn good country craftmanship...*mutters then stands again and takes a few steps forward, going to try again*

*after many more tries, ends up plunked back down in the chair against the wall, a little out of breath from the effort...* This isnt going to work! *Says outloud to the empty room and starts to struggle out of sheer frustration, the movement moves the chair from against the wall and after a moment both chair and occupant tip over to one side, ending up on the floor... gives a sigh* Damn it...

*glancing briefly over my shoulder; habit even though I can't seen inside from here* Yup. Trussed up like a Christmas ham. We're settlin' in here for the haul; how's the plan on your end? *unaware...*

*pausing, considering words over the air* ...Not so good. Alex kinda blew Plan "A." The two of us had a lil' disagreement. Now he's tied up over a few thangs. You could say he's outta the picture.

*pausing, considering words over the air* ...Not so good. Alex kinda blew Plan "A." The two of us had a lil' disagreement. Now he's tied up over a few thangs. You could say he's outta the picture.

*silence for a moment over the airwaves, considering just how serious that might (must, to leave him "tied up") be* ...I see. Well, whatever you need, we'll have our ears on. If we can help. You got a new plan yet?

*silence for a moment over the airwaves, considering just how serious that might (must, to leave him "tied up") be* ...I see. Well, whatever you need, we'll have our ears on. If we can help. You got a new plan yet?

*glances at Garrett, from corner of eye, then presses the talk button again* Sort of. It's halfassed and risky. Daniel went to the jail to try and bail Chet out, but I dunno if MaryAnne is gonna go for it. If Chet's loose, it means Plan B, and if he's not, it means Plan C. Howevah it falls, this thang wll be over with one way or the other, soon enuff.

*glances at Garrett, from corner of eye, then presses the talk button again* Sort of. It's halfassed and risky. Daniel went to the jail to try and bail Chet out, but I dunno if MaryAnne is gonna go for it. If Chet's loose, it means Plan B, and if he's not, it means Plan C. Howevah it falls, this thang wll be over with one way or the other, soon enuff.

*another pause, shorter this time, and then a deep breath let out* Alright. Well, we're on call, however you need us. Daney at least I can promise is out of the way.

Guest DanielPHorse

*At the courthouse, Daniel glances around and takes a few steps inside. It's an unfamiliar place, and he's not used to really coming into town much at all. The sensation makes him remain on alert, all senses heightened.* Hello? *He calls* I am here to see MaryAnne Coltrane!

*At the courthouse, Daniel glances around and takes a few steps inside. It's an unfamiliar place, and he's not used to really coming into town much at all. The sensation makes him remain on alert, all senses heightened.* Hello? *He calls* I am here to see MaryAnne Coltrane!

*inside the booking room, MaryAnne hears the voice in the hallway. Hollars back* You've found her!

Guest DanielPHorse
*inside the booking room, MaryAnne hears the voice in the hallway. Hollars back* You've found her!

*Daniel inches into the booking room* Greetings. *Gives her a respectful bow of the head* You are the sheriff, aee? Yes? *He says the word in English*

*Daniel inches into the booking room* Greetings. *Gives her a respectful bow of the head* You are the sheriff, aee? Yes? *He says the word in English*

*watches as young Native American enters the booking room, surprised by the arrival. Had heard of this man, but had not ever met him.* Deputy sheriff, but same idea.... What can I do for you?

Guest DanielPHorse
*watches as young Native American enters the booking room, surprised by the arrival. Had heard of this man, but had not ever met him.* Deputy sheriff, but same idea.... What can I do for you?

*Daniel reaches into his parfleche and withdraws the money Alex gave him* I came for Chet Duke. He is still here, aee? *Offers her the money, about 120 dollars* I have brought you the bay-el.

*Daniel reaches into his parfleche and withdraws the money Alex gave him* I came for Chet Duke. He is still here, aee? *Offers her the money, about 120 dollars* I have brought you the bay-el.

Yep, he's still here... *looks at the money and notices it's only about $120* I'm afraid you're a little short on the bail tho'...

Guest DanielPHorse
Yep, he's still here... *looks at the money and notices it's only about $120* I'm afraid you're a little short on the bail tho'...

Oh, I see. How much is the bay-el, then? I have a bit more with me.

Oh, I see. How much is the bay-el, then? I have a bit more with me.

*finds it curious that this stranger is interested in bailing out Chet* Well, technically Chet should be held without bail, considerin' his crime. But to be fair, I've set the bail at *thinks of a number* a hundred thousand dollars.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.