CMT Cribs

DaisyMaeDuke

Wow, the CMT Cribs show was awesome.

John has a beautiful home. It's so nice to see a great guy like him enjoying all the fruits of his labor and talent. He deserves every bit of what he has for putting billions of smiles on millions of faces throughout his career.

I hate to say this but I liked the segment with James Best much better. He greeted the camera in Rosco-mode and stayed that way for much of the tour. We also got to see a lot of Dukes related stuff in his house.

I wonder if the computer they showed where he plays video games is the same one he used when he was in the HazzardNet chat room several times.

Thanks to DaisyMaeDuke and the moderators for telling us this awesome show was going to be on.

True Rog, James Best may have stayed in Rosco mode but isn't Rosco what he's most famous for now? That's how most people know him so he can get away with pulling that.

Its harder for John, he can't stay as just Bo because he's had a lot of different roles since then - most notably Jonathan Kent in Smallvile aka Superman's Dad. Plus he's been on CSI and The Secret Life of the American Teenager. People who know him from those shows wouldn't know why he was acting like Bo. John's just gotta be John on those kind of things.

I hate to say this but I liked the segment with James Best much better. He greeted the camera in Rosco-mode and stayed that way for much of the tour. We also got to see a lot of Dukes related stuff in his house.

I wonder if the computer they showed where he plays video games is the same one he used when he was in the HazzardNet chat room several times.

James Best is in Rosco-mode seemingly a full half the time - though he'd argue often otherwise, it just keeps popping out! As for the computer... probably. He seems like too much a down-to-basics kind of guy to have multiple ones.

You're right BoJames.

I do disagree with you a little bit. Instead of the roles he's had in the past, I think he was focusing on his future.

I understand why he didn't want to focus too much on Bo. He still has a long career ahead of him since he's only 49. He's done a pretty good job of distancing himself from Bo even though he'll never succeed with me. The Dukes show made him a household word across the world but now he wants to be looked at as someone who can play any type of role so he'll get a lot more work. His career has been very similiar to Andy Griffith's. They both successfully broke out of the character that made them famous and (like Andy did) John will have three or more decades of acting ahead of him.....lucky for us.

LOL He hasn't broken away from Bo at all, he's still very much interested in being him! For instance, at an event Daisy told me about - a little kid met John but said you're not Bo because Bo doesn't have a beard (which John had at the time). So John apologized and said come back in a few minutes and Bo will be here...you know what he did? He shaved off his beard for the kid. Now I recon that's dedication to the fans and to his character. If he was trying to break away, he'd be a lot more like Tom Wopat is.

He knows he's always gonna be Bo to Dukes fans and the kids that they raise and he accepts that he's not gonna escape that. That's why so many of the shows he's in has Dukes references.