new general

Crazy_C

i have heard that they me using a new dodge charger for the general instead of the classic 69.

dodge_charger_concept_car.jpg

it doesnt look bad and has potential, but there hasnt been a release date yet for it

the other car could be a dodge stratus coupe (yuck)

enlarge_12.jpg

enlarge_8.jpg

enlarge_7.jpg

so what is your opinion - 69 charger, 05 charger or 05 stratus

i think the 05 charger would look good, but not as good as the 69

wasnt sure bout the new charger - thanks for that bit of info

the general will have to be a 69 / 70 charger but the problem is that they are so rare because people kept trashing them doing stupid stunts for a tv series - cant remember its name though

looking at the casting though - they might as well use a station wagon for the general - save the reputation of the charger

For anyone that is interested the 2006 Charger was unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show Yesterday. It appears that it will Dodge's replacement for the Intrepid in Nextel Cup Racing. Go to autoshow.msn.com for pics of the new car. Type the address just as I did without www in front or you can find a link on the msn homepage.

To have the General Lee as anything but a 1969 Dodge Charger would be a huge mistake. Fortunately, Warner Bros. and Hollywood knows this in regards to the new Dukes movie and the Lee will remain a 1969 Charger.

As for the 2006 Charger, it was rumored at one point that DCX would feature the car at some point in the new Dukes movie. However, I recently heard that DCX decided not to showcase the car in the new movie. I really think that they made a wise move. With all of the bad press that this current '06 Charger has getting, the last thing that DCX would want to do is have it on the same screen with 1969 model. People would see the Lee on screen and say, "Wow, now that's a REAL Charger. What's this other 4-door thing again?" The '06 Charger is probably going to turned out being a car of great quality, but I still don't feel that the car deserves the "Charger" name. They should have called it the '06 Dodge Monaco. Afterall, Mercury did bring back the Montego name for '05. I really think that all Charger fans would have preferred the '99 concept over this new re-worked Chrysler 300 that's wearing the "Charger" nameplate. The '99 concept was a beutiful car. It combined a lot of "heritage" looks into an all new car. Now that I think about it, that Stratus coupe pictured above has more of a Charger-look to it than the actual '06 Charger that's going to be released does.

All I can say is: Long live the General Lee!!!

GADuke01

From what I have been hearing ya'll, we are going to see the build process and

painting right down to the Confederate flag on the roof and the 01 on the doors in the movie so we can actually watch the General Lee come to life!

I really wish diamler Chrysler Corp. would build a actual 2 door rear wheel drive Charger for 2006 with some styling cues from the 68 and 69 chargers. Sorta like what Ford did with the new Mustang. If they build a 4 door Charger, I'll be heart broken. Take care ya'll...

The '99 Charger concept looks a heck of a lot more like a 2nd-generation Charger than the actual '06 production car does. Although it is a 4-door sedan like the '06 production car, the '99 concept hides it's rear doors a lot better and is still recognizable as a Charger. How can you look at the '99 concept and not see any styling references to those of 1968 thru 1970 model? Look at the "hips" of the '99 concept, the rear of the car is absolutely screaming 2nd-generation Charger! What I'm saying is that basically, the '99 Charger concept was designed with the older cars in mind. It's "coke-bottle" styling definately pays respect to the models of the late 1960s/ early 1970s. The '06 production Charger looks basically like a re-shaped Chrysler 300. DCX could have, and without a doubt, should have produced a car worthy of wearing the "Charger" nameplate.

GADuke01

First off,I can't figure out how to put an image in here,what do they mean by http and stuff,where do you find that in the pics I have saved????

Anyways,Ford had the right idea with the mustang>bring back the classic look! The 2006 charger sucks! Even though I don't consider the 1999 charger to be worthy of the name "charger", I however love the look of it,plus the fact that it would've been a rear wheel drive vehicle!

Either way,if they want to make a new hazzard movie,they can't do it unless it's with the '69 charger R/T, that car brought a lot to the show! It'll be about the only thing that will make anyone curious enough to watch the movie!

As far as I'm concern,no one can replace Bo,Luke,daisy or uncle jessie,no one! They can't even replace rosco,cletus,enos or boss hogg,let along cooter!

Look what happened to the ratings when john and tom walked off the set,Bo and Luke were replaced by coy and vance,immediately,the ratings dropped!

As soon as bo and luke came back,the ratings went straight to the top,so why go see that new movie!?Curiousity,pleeeeeease,give me a break,I could care less....fingers down to that! sincerely yours,dukefan !%7Boption%7D

UPDATE: since I was being a lard ass,i took out somethings in here,just 'cause I dislike this movie, it doesn't give me the right to trash it or accuse anyone of not being a true duke fan! FORTHAT I AM TRUELY SORRY!

These artists work hard to come up with an idea for a new automobile and the finished product usually looks nothing like their drawing.

I feel the same as some of you... The 1999 concept Charger is a hell of alot closer the 1969 model than this ugly monstosity of a "charger" that will be sold.

If I was the artist that penned the first concept, I'd be pissed.

I agree with you das,

If they were to use any car other then the '69 charger as the general lee I wouldn't only be tempted to walk out....I would walk out!

Rumours flew about the flag no being on,but I saw that it was on the general lee anyways!

But that would be enough to walk out too,no flag no satying for me...lol!

• 1 month later...
wasnt sure bout the new charger - thanks for that bit of info

the general will have to be a 69 / 70 charger but the problem is that they are so rare because people kept trashing them doing stupid stunts for a tv series - cant remember its name though

The Dukes of Hazzard used/wrecked about 250-300 Chargers. 183,459 2nd generation Chargers (68-70) were built. The DOH didn't even put a dent in the Charger population. Whatever "dent" they did put in it has been made up for many times over from all the people who have saved and restored derelict Chargers that would probably otherwise be scrap metal simply because they were fans of the show.

Ya'll are so @#$%! negitive about this, your looking at it completely the wrong way. The 1969 Dodge Charger can never be REPLACED, REMOLDED, OR REDESIGNED!!!

I LOVE, ADORE, ADMIRE, and DROOL over the old Chargers... but this IS 2005 people. No one can bring back the old Chargers, but we can atleast give the new car a chance.

The 2006 car in the picture above is a sleek and very beautiful car, its kinda like a rip off of the Dodge Viper. An the Dodge Viper was a very very famous car when it first came out. I believe that the Dodge and Chrysler markers are not TRYING to make a Charger that looks like or represents the old Chargers at all. After all they know that they can't replace a car that was a vise of profection and high quility.

But what they can do is recreat a whole NEW idea for the NEXT generation of Charger. Im only 18, I would love to live my next 10 years watching this generation of Muscle cars come out. So what if there not cloning the old. Com on people, open your eyes widen your horizon to a new eara, the past can not be replaced, or redesigned.

Im all for the 2006 Charger, its new, its different and I'll stand behind it all the way. Give the new generation a chance....

~Chet