Happy new year!!

BoJamesDuke

My New Year's sal-u-tation is a little late, but I just woke up. ;)

Anybody got New Years's Resolutions?

I'll share mine first, what the heck...

1) Be more available to my friends; not let my day gig overwhelm my life.

2) Completely restore my 1967 Chevy Impala.

3) Save up a chunk of money. How this is gonna work with #2 in front of it, I dunno!

4) Restore myself.

5) Write a screenplay and sell it.

Ya know, a few years ago I posted some New Year's resolutions on HazzardNet, which included fixing up my Impala and buying a house. It took a year or so than planned at the time, but I managed to buy a house. I started repairs on the Impala. Not everything on that resolution list got handled, but enough did that I wanted post 'em on HazzardNet again.

May 2010 bring good things to ya'll!

Good luck Brian on your New Year's resolutions! I got a few of 'em myself, though don't know why since they hardly ever last long enough to count for anything. Maybe it's the thought that matters? I doubt it. LOL. I have one listed on the site already for the contest, but I do have a few other areas that I need and plan on working on this year. Including:

Calling my sister more often

Take my dog for more walks and not eat so much and cut back on my pop

keep my apartment clean/organized

Go to bed earlier on week nights (going to bed at ten and waking up at three-fifty/four in the morning isn't cutting it. LOL)

And to take more time out in my day for God.

Those are worthy resolutions, Garrett. Setting resoultions never really worked for me until I started making them public. That way I can't deny them later. Hopefully this helps you stay on track too.

It's interesting to see what people's goals are.

I know MaryAnne's resolutions include cutting down on her cussing, and being less orney. Tall order there! Let's all wish her luck. :D

Those are worthy resolutions, Garrett. Setting resoultions never really worked for me until I started making them public. That way I can't deny them later. Hopefully this helps you stay on track too.

It's interesting to see what people's goals are.

I know MaryAnne's resolutions include cutting down on her cussing, and being less orney. Tall order there! Let's all wish her luck. :D

What? What do you mean cut down on my cussin'? *$%@&!

Heh heh! Okay, well maybe that's one I gotta work on.

I have a few resolutions including writing a screenplay too. Also finish getting my Firebird all fixed up.

Meantime, I wish everyone a Happy New Year and let's hope for good things in 2010! :whitewine:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!! Sorry, it's a little late, but hey, better late then never right?

Wow.. Sounds like everyone's got quite the New Year's resolutions... lol

Well my New Year's resolution was to eat less Kit Kat bars. But I think I broke that one already cause I had one today at work and I split one with my friend TJ yesterday... lol

But my other resolution, (one that I actually plan on keeping), is to go skiing more in the winter and do more mountain biking in the summertime. :)

Also I'm going to try and take in some more Alberta NASCAR or Chuckwagon racing. Great times had by all! lol

Well Happy New Year everybody! Hope 2010 is good to y'all!

Thanks Brian...making it public will probably make it better to keep to it. So far, I haven't done the best job at keeping them, but have done an OK job at a couple of them. I figure maybe it is best to work at a couple at a time before going at them all at the same time. Especially the walking my dog part seeing as how dang cold it has been here!

Good luck MaryAnn and GeneralLeeGirl at your resolutions. GeneralLeeGirl - I like your watching more Alberta NASCAR racing. LOL...Being a huge NASCAR fan myself, that is a resolution that would be easy for me to keep (Well once the season starts next month that is.)

Good luck MaryAnn and GeneralLeeGirl at your resolutions. GeneralLeeGirl - I like your watching more Alberta NASCAR racing. LOL...Being a huge NASCAR fan myself, that is a resolution that would be easy for me to keep (Well once the season starts next month that is.)

Alberta NASCAR is a bit different than the NASCAR your used to I'm pretty sure, lol, but it's pretty hard not to like! It's chuckwagon racing, check it out at www.wpca.com (those guys are pros!) I can't wait for the season to start. At least you only have to wait one month! The first chuckwagon racing of the summer is Grande Prairie Stompede (Pro Rodeo) at the end of May! lol! I'm really super excited now because I just got a letter in the mail yesterday from 4-H saying that I will be able to take part in the 4-H mentorship program at the Grande Prairie Stompede the this year! So I get to work for one of the chuckwagon drivers for the weekend! i don't know who yet, but I hope I get Jason Glass again. He's a nice guy.

But actual NASCAR ain't too bad either!

It is way different than my NASCAR...or the one I am use to. It looks/sounds itneresting and fun. I am happy that you will be able to work for one of the drivers...hope it is the driver you are wanting to work for! That would be fun...but dang...May is such a long ways away. I have a month and a week left to week and that seems to be forever...way too long in any matter! LOL. Though compared to May it is much better, hope your wait will be worth the wait as John Schneider says. ;)