Chickamohoney???

From "People's Choice" on season 2 the location of Lake Chickamahonny (and Boss's fishing cabin) is only described as being near Mule Road. This is the only time Mule Road is mentioned on the series.

From "Coltrane vs. Duke" on season 4, Lake Chickamahoney is near Mill Road, not Mule Road.

I bet that neither episode was clear on a more precise location for the lake or I would have written it down in my notebook but I couldn't say for sure so I would recommend watching those two episodes.

Let me know if you don't have either ep. I'd be glad to watch them and get back to you.

LOL That's another one that's not clear.

According to "Sound of Music-Hazzard Style" the Dukes live on Old Mill Road.

According to "Treasure of Hazzard" the Dukes live on Mill Road.

According to "The Runaway" the Dukes live on Mill Pond Road.

You could just say that they live on Old Mill Pond Road. LOL

Being a country boy myself I can testify that it's not unusual for the same road to have different names.....especially names that are similiar.

Being a country boy myself I can testify that it's not unusual for the same road to have different names.....especially names that are similiar.

You got that right Roger, and sometimes like where I live several years ago we got new 911 addresses, well people still referred to roads by their old names and everyone knew where it was give the 911 name and noone had a clue but the 911 people LOL. For instance the little county road I used to take to school came off the main highway and it was and is still referred to as the cut off but thats not the country road name its got a number noone ever remembers what it is though LOL.

We got our rural address numbers changed a few years ago too because of the 911 system. I wasn't too happy about it because we got a 5 digit number and my old number was 3 digits. That wouldn't be so bad except my 3 digits were 320 and I thought that was pretty cool because the General Lee's license number is CNH 320.

My grandfather used to call all the rural roads around here after the names of the people who setteled them originally. Lots of those roads are still named after the original settlers but many have them have changed names. Since not everybody accepts change well, some roads get stuck with two different names.

• 4 years later...

It was a fun thing in the series, how location names (often quite generic sounding) would often be made up to throw into a story and never used again. It is always quite fun to spot the ones ever used more than once. :)

One of the most notable (and amusing) landmarks in the series is surely Waylon Corners, in the late episode "Danger on the Hazzard Express". Actually, "fun place names" probably deserves it's own threat - actually, I dare say one exists already :lol:

How about this for a puzzler.?? The road that the Dukes live on was mentioned every now and then and once it was Mill Pond Road ( The one where those hoods were bringing that girl against her will so she wouldn't marry that farmer boy. They asked Maybelle where the Duke farm was...remember?) and then on other episodes it was Old Mill road, etc. I wish a lot of their stuff was tracked better so they hadn't made so many mistakes! Like when Jesse's wife was Martha on one episode and Lovinia on another, along with the boy's aunt being named Lovinia who Jesse hadn't seen in 20 yrs., so he must have 2 sisters BOTH named Lovinia!! :(

One of the most notable (and amusing) landmarks in the series is surely Waylon Corners, in the late episode "Danger on the Hazzard Express". Actually, "fun place names" probably deserves it's own threat - actually, I dare say one exists already :lol:

There's a thread called Real Stuff in Hazzard which has a few other examples.

They asked Maybelle where the Duke farm was...remember?

Let's face it, they couldn't even agree on the spelling of Maybelle's name! (see this post)

Let's face it, they couldn't even agree on the spelling of Maybelle's name!

THAT is ridiculous!! There is NO excuse for that!! The last time I took a vote, 4 out 5 people agreed, that Myrtle and Maybelle were two different names!! This just goes to prove my point about the road they lived on, Jesse's wife's name, etc. etc. AND etc.!! I'm gonna go crawl up into my jug o 'shine!!