"The Hazzardous Hotel"

Cowboy

*6am October 25th 2008*

The young nose of a Hazzard Gazett delivery boy wrinkled as he rode his bicycle down Hazzard Main Street. Veering around big orange cones and bright yellow caution tape, he raised his arm back and threw the local paper into the smoldering remains of the once small but mighty Hogg Hotel. The small news papers rubber band snapped as it landed on the ashes, unrolling.

"Hazzard's 100 Year Old 'Hazzard Hotel' Burns to Ground"

"Cause of blaze being investigated."

The young boy snorted cockily, it would be one less place he had to deliver the paper to. Leaves whisped and scratched acrossed the pavement of the street, carrying a cold breeze, out to the open feilds of Hazzard, beyond the town. Halloween decorations tremored in the breeze on the front of Chet Dukes ranch house. Gooze bumps crawled up the bare legs of the young black haired Duke man standing on his wrap around porch, a cigarett between his fingers and only attired in his boxer shorts. A stream of smoke exhaled from his nose as he watched the warm orange and yellow sun arise from her sleep. Stretching long fingers of light first across the very distant moutains, peaking through the hazy settlement of fog and finally down into the yard of the ranch. Chet turned away from leaning on the railing and pinched out his cigarett with his fingers. A husky mutt looked up at him with dark brown eyes.

"Best get the chorse done Thunder, 'afore the worlds awake to slow us down."

(Cue Anyone who dare)

Edited by Cowboy

B.L. Davenport stood outside the Hazzard Garage finishing getting things ready to open the day for business. Her cousin Cooter Davenport sat in a folding chair leant back on two legs against the big bay doors of the garage as he sipped coffee and ate donuts. "Hey Coot whatcha reckon caused the hotel to burn down?" the blonde Davenport woman asked as she looked the smoking ruins of the building it had been there for as long as she could remember.

Cooter thumped the chair legs to the pavement and stood up walking over to B.L. looking at the rising smoke himself. "Nope coulda been the wiring I reckon or maybe lightening from last night's storm hit it" waving at the youngster on the bicycle as he rode by tossing a news paper at their feet, "mornin' Billy". "Mornin' Cooter, Miz Davenport" greeted the freckle faced youngster riding past them splashing through a large puddle that had been left by the storm that had come through town the night before.

(Cue Anyone)

"Coffee...?" Amanda Duke asked her husband from the doorway as she stepped out onto the porch, offering him a mug. Steam curled off the top of the dark liquid in the cool October air. She shivered, the fall chill accented by a light dusting off frost on the orange and yellow leaves.

She untucked the mornings paper from under her arm and pulled her housecoat tighter. "The new hotel is opening today..." Amanda commented, glancing over the headlines. "Apparently they are having a bar-b-que this afternoon. Interested in some free food?"

Amanda continued reading, waiting for Chet's response.

~Meanwhile, Hazzard County Historical Society~

"Have you unpacked the plaque for the hotel?" A middle aged woman questioned, adjusting her glasses on her face as she looked over the Society's to-do list.

In response her assistant produced the plaque, "Yes ma'am! In honour of Mr. Holstead Myers and his original Hazzard Homestead, the Hazzard Country Historical Society hereby proclaims that the Hazzardous Hotel a historical site as of October 25th, 2009." He read.

The woman smiled in response and glanced out the window, looking across the square to the new hotel. A strong breeze spiraled the autumn leaves across her vision and she shivered, rubbing her arms free of goosebumps.

(Cue Anyone =] )

"Yes please." He accepted the steaming hot cup of coffee from his wife and looked out over the feilds once again. "Thank you." Chet's head bobbed in a nod. "You know I never turn down free food. But I have no interest in the free tour of the new Hotel, I got better things to do.

Steam whisped up Chets face as he sipped his coffee, he wrapped a warm arm around his wife and continued staring out over his fields. Horses, bulls and all sorts of critters stood in the warm morning sunshine waiting to be fed.

"I guess I should get the chores done right early if were going to head down to the bar-b-que."

~Historical Society~

Cold fingers of the breeze traveled up and down the middle aged womens arms and back, spreading the goose bumps like a rash. A whisper in the wind puffed to her ears and away again, threatening to speak clear. She looked out the window of the Hisctorical Society building to take a gaze at the completed Hotel. The new Hotel stood big and beautiful in the morning sky, looking perfect, almost too perfect to be true. Surely making the former 100 year old building proud. A not formed in her throat suddenly, her green eyes blinked quickly in disbelief, only to be reassured that she'd been seeing things, shaddows from the passing clouds perhaps. With her imagination on the run she closed the windows and turned away turning up the furnance.

(Cue anyone! Truely I dare you!)

Cooter picked up the newspaper reading the headlines as he turned back to his chair.

"Hey there's more work to be done but I seem to be the only one doing any this morning." B.L. protested with her hands on her hips, there really wasn't that much left to do though except wait for their first customer of the day.

Cooter looked over the newspaper at her again reclined back against the door in his folding chair, "because your so good at it" he grinned.

Turning on the gas pumps the last thing that needed doing before the first customer arrived B.L. pulled up a chair beside Cooter looking over his shoulder at the newspaper "are you planning to go to the bar-b-que later and take a tour of the new hotel?"

"Of course I'm going to the bar-b-que ya ever known me to turn down food and besides everybody else will be there so business will be slow here. I doubt I stick around for the tour, somebody in this town's gotta work." A gust of wind ruffled the corner of the pages as the mechanic answered her. B.L. pulled her light denim jacket closer around her still reading the newspaper over his shoulder thinking she just might stay around for the tour, curious as to what the inside of the new hotel looked like and if it was as fancy as some had said.

~Hazzard Court House~

Across the town square at the Hazzard courthouse, Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane looked out the office window at the new hotel his eyes almost registering dollar marks instead of irises thinking of all the cash the bigger and better hotel would bring into the county. Since the death of his brother-in-law J.D. Hogg he had run the county with a underhanded sneakiness, scheming every chance he got to make money that would have made Boss Hogg proud.

"Khee this time next week the place'll be filled raking in the dough" the aging sheriff/boss mumbled to himself chewing on his skinny unlit cigar.

(Cue Anyone)

“Will ya share a fried dough with me baby?†Chet smiled at his wife wigging his eyebrows teasingly at her. Regardless of if she would he paused near the fried dough stand and put in an order for a cinnamon and sugar.

The Hazzard square bustled with people, laughing and playing games at the bar-b-que. The strong wonderful smell of smokey beef and chicken on the big grill carried through the autumn breeze. Dozens of people wandered in and out of the new Hotel, beautiful ribbons and decorative bows hung from the big arches and entrance ways of the new building.

Amanda and Chet’s fried dough was served and Chet paid for it immediately breaking off a piece and munching on it. His mismatched eyes wandered around the square, taking in the busy surroundings and having a look at the magnificent hotel. The building was tall with big windows and the front entrance was built of two double doors side by side. Light in color and adorned with big shrubs and a nice maple sapling in the yard in place of the old oak tree that had been destroyed in the fire. Chet tilted his head back further looking high up towards the upper rooms of the building. His brow raised seeing the shadowy image of a cowboy standing at a window and looking out at the top floor of the four floor building. The Duke boy blinked a couple of times unsure that he was truly seeing the man standing in the window.

Chet paused there staring long and hard at the man in the window. A dark figure with a light tan shirt with a lace up front, a ten gallon hat, a double six gun rig on his hips, cross drawn with pistol grips forward. A pair of dark brow chaps covered his legs and disappeared behind the lower frame of the window. Again Chet blinked not believing his eyes but this time when he looked back the cowboy was gone. Quickly Chet’s eyes searched the windows on the upper floors to simply see if the man had moved, but there was no sign of him.

He brushed the sugar off on his pants and glanced around him then back up at the big building again..

“I think I’d like to take the tour after all.â€

(Cue Anyone.)

MaryAnne Coltrane looked around the bustling square as she chewed on her fried dough and rubbed her fingers together over her paper plate to get the excess sugar off. Rosco was pulling out all the stops for this grand re-opening of the Hazzard Hotel. She had to admit the new building was beautiful, but she wondered if lil' ol' Hazzard really rated for having a four story hotel.

Rosco musta confused four story for four star. Khee!

She had no doubt the hotel would do business, but if he never made a dime on the place, he'd make up for it by the shindig that was taking place now. The square was full of people, decorations, concessions, kids running amok. It was a cheerful, carnival atmosphere, yes for a new hotel. Hazzard folk will celebrate anything.

Of course, the cause of the fire that took the old building down remained suspicious even after a year. Most everybody just dismissed it as accidental. The building was old and the electrical was never brought up to current code. MaryAnne couldn't recall, however, if a cause of the fire had ever actually been determined.

Nonetheless, a brand spankin' new building now stood in the spot where the old hotel had been. Hopefully, MaryAnne thought, it'll be here for another 100 years.

Her fried dough eaten, MaryAnne deposited her empty plate into a nearby trash can and wiped her hands on a napkin. She then headed toward the hotel, curious to see if the inside was as grand as the outside.

(cue anyone!)

Amanda turned down her own doughy treat, but reached over stealing a bite off her husband's. "Mmm... my favorite part of a BBQ." She said as she glanced around, taking in all the excitement. A smile crossed her face as she followed her husband's gaze, staring up at the grand hotel before them.

"Sure is something... " Amanda commented. It certainly was a grand hotel, shining like a new penny in the low October sunlight. Her green eyes scanned the hotel front, nothing but squeaky clean windows in rooms ready for their first guests.

Her brow creased as she turned her gaze to Chet. "What is it?" She asked, again attempting to follow his line of sight as to what seemed to be so interesting. Amanda saw nothing out of the ordinary, and was a little surprised that he'd changed his mind about taking the tour. "You okay?" She questioned, reaching up to put a hand on his back.

(Cue Anyone)

B.L. and Cooter walked across the street toward the new hotel, B.L. grinned to see such a turn out for the event “whoowee this is some turn out just for the opening of a new hotel.” Cooter nodded, reaching over B.L.’s shoulder stealing a chunk of the fried dough she was eating. Frowning at her thieving cousin B.L. mumbled around a mouthful of the sugary treat “get yer own”. Wandering over closer to the building B.L. tilted her head back looking up at the four stories of sparkling windows wondering what on earth they needed such a big hotel for in little bitty Hazzard, popping the last bite of dough in her mouth she brushed her hands together ridding them of some of the sugar, licking off the rest.

Parting ways they agreed to meet up later on for some BBQ. Cooter going off to look at more of the booths, then he was going to head back over to the garage until time to meet B.L. Looking all around the outside of the majestic building watching people come and go from inside B.L. could hardly wait to see the inside of the huge hotel. To some it might just be the opening of yet another hotel but to the people of Hazzard it was really something to celebrate, especially with it being the biggest establishment in the little town. Along with the fact most of them would never get the chance to see the inside of such a grand place because they just couldn’t afford it, herself included.

Seeing Maryanne Coltrane approaching, B.L. waved a greeting “Rosco sure did do the town proud with this place, it’s really something.”

"Me neither" BL nodded looking back at the new building in all it's glory nodding to the deputy "yup...I gotta see just how fancy this place is on the inside too." She marveled at the beautiful archway stepping inside for the tour along with other people each one just as curious as she and Maryanne were to see the splendor held within the walls.

The young Duke boy took his wife by the hand squeezing hers gently in reassurance. His eyes scanned the entrance way into the huge new Hotel, people were fluently flowing in and out of the building. It looked like as good of a time as any to have a look inside too.

"Yeah Im ok... just..." He bit his lip and glanced at Amanda. "...thought I saw something up there in the window." Chet sighed shaking his head. "I was probably just seeing things."

Chet led Amanda across the street and put his arm around her comfortably as they joined the waiting line to get in and get a guided tour of the Hotel. But Chet couldnt shake the feeling of being watched the entire time he stood outside the glorious hotel.

(Cue anyone)

As the grand marshall of the shindig, Rosco stood at the entrance to the hotel and welcomed everyone as they filed past him. "Khee! Welcome to the brand new Hazzard Hotel! Make sure you tell your friends and family that come for a visit to Hazzard to stay at the Hazzard Hotel!"

Somebody in the crowd muttered, "Most of my friends and family already live in Hazzard..."

MaryAnne snorted and then looked at her cousin as she passed him. She coulda swore she saw dollar signs in his eyes.

"So, Rosco," she said. "You gonna leave the light on?"

"What do you mean, leave the light on?"

"Y'know, like Motel 6. We'll leave the light on for ya."

"Oh. Ooo! Ya know, that ain't a bad idea..."

MaryAnne grinned.

"But this ain't no Motel 6," Rosco said. "This is the finest hotel in all of Hazzard County!"

"Rosco. It's the only hotel in all of Hazzard County."

"Khee! That's why it's the finest..."

MaryAnne snorted and moved along with the crowd. Everyone gathered in the grand lobby where a hotel employee was standing and waiting. The young man smiled as he watched everyone oohin' and ahhin' about the lobby, with it's marble tile floor, potted palms and classic Victorian styled furniture. Everything was shiny and new yet was an acknowledgement to the building that had once stood in this spot.

MaryAnne couldn't help but gaze around the lobby. "Wow..."

(cue anyone!)

(Beware... this is written in first person point of view.)

Soon... soon I told myself, my time of torment would be over, my lips curled into a wicked sneer as I watched all the people mingle beneath the archway down below. The warm autumn wind whispered over the roof, I could feel it ruffle my scruffy dark brown hair on the back of my neck then allow it to lay back down at the top of my shirt collar. The leather tie from the front of my tan shirt dangled as I looked over the roofs edge, it felt like it had been thousands of years since my arrival. Just knowing, hungry for that day that was coming, my last chance to leave this place.

If I had nerves in my teeth they would have throbbed as I gritted them hard, but I felt nothing. How long would it be, how long would it take for the Hotel to fill its books for the first time. Quickly I... prayed.... the vacant rooms would be filled. My heavy leather chaps creaked as I rested a heavy boot on the concrete edge of the roof, my spurs twanged and jingled with the movement. The last of the people entered the hotel below and I closed my eyes and moved to the fourth floor. Landing myself right in the middle of the grand stair case I could immediately hear the people down below. I could feel there blood pumping through each of there veins. Hearts pounding in awe of the building, a shudder of hunger and desire swept through my body. How long it has been since I had felt that throb of blood, seen the spill of red over tender warm flesh.... felt the sear of pain from a wound.

Quickly I swallowed away the thirst and moved down the stairs in one long step to wait. Hoping the next six days would be enough and be short lasted. My blue eyes glanced side long at the mirror at the head of the stairs, my lips tightened into a wicked grin. Again my spurs jingled as I moved forward coming before the magnificent mirror and gather my thoughts, concentrating hard as I reached out for it. But the mirror did not waver in reflection or change in anyway, no haunted pair of ice blue eyes stared back. A dull tingle came to my fingers as I took hold of the top of the mirror, baring hard on my teeth to deepen my concentration as I lifted it from the nail it rested on. Breathing in short breathes I turned towards the stairs and drew on my mind, putting it all into the effort of moving the heavy mirror. Then all at once I closed off that concentration, severing it like a finger in the path of a sharp knife blade.

A flicker of feeling licked through my chest as the crash of the heavy mirror hitting the stairs echoed throughout the entire hotel. The shattering ring of the glass came to my ears in a wave, strong and steely. The broken glass spread over the velvet covering of the stairs like a spill of crystals, tumbling, down and down. My lips tightened in a smirk and I leaned into the wall becoming one with its hue.

(Cue anyone.)

B.L. stood in line with all the others waiting for the tour to begin, scanning the plush carpets and beautiful victorian furniture of the lobby, wondering which of them would be the lucky winner of the raffle. Looking up as the mirror came crashing down glass shattering all over the plush carpeting. The prospect of winning a free night in the luxurious hotel for herself and 4 friends didn't seem like as wonderful opportunity as it had ten minutes ago.

The hotel employee smiled at the now rather nervous looking group before him "relax folks it was probably just all the comings and goings this morning jarred it off kilter. Step this way and we'll start the tour."

The group toured the lobby and then moved onto the big dining room with several sets of smaller versions of chippendale dining tables and chairs set about the room. Sideboards lined one wall where trays of things were set for those who wished to have a quick meal of cereal or fruit instead of ordering from the menu choices of scrumptious foods. Next they took a quick trip through the modern kitchen with it's top of the line commercial sized appliances. While the group had been going through the lower floor of the hotel listening to the employee's commentary on the furnishings and what not, another employee had been busily cleaning up the broken pieces from the mirror having no idea that she was being watched by the ghost who had become a part of the nearby wall completely camaflouged.

Back in the lobby the "tour guide" moved toward the stairs encouraging the marvelers following "now if you'll follow me we'll start the tour of the upstairs."

Rubbing her arms a chill settling into her bones it seemed, she put it down to being giddy from the tour of such a glorious establishment. Climbing the stairs with the rest of the group noticing that she had lagged behind the female Davenport cousin stepped up her pace to catch up to the rest of the group marveling at all the splendor as she followed.

As the group moved up the stairs, MaryAnne looked at the remaining pieces of glass on the stairs from the broken mirror and then looked up to where the massive mirror had been hanging on the wall near the top of the stairs.

Something didn't seem right...

She kept her thoughts to herself, however, and proceeded with the group to the second floor of the hotel.

(cue anyone)

• 5 weeks later...

Chet followed the group of touring Hazzard folks up the velvet covered stair-case, looking around alertly as he came to the top of the stairs. His mismatched eyes scanned the wall that the mirror had "fallen" from. The nail that had held it he noticed was new, like the rest of the building. Chet touched the nail, running his fingers over it and testing it for securness and strength. It seemed plenty solid, planted well in a stud in the wall and not bent over at all.

He lowered his eyes to the mirrors frame laying face down on the steps, carefully he reached down and picked it up. The young Duke boy carefully looked the frames hook over that had hung on he nail, a good quality hook which would not have come off easily without being lifted. His eyes narrowed, his face creasing as it hardened firmly. Something was peculiar about this incident, he glanced at the female Deputy hoping to spur her interest with his own investigation of the mirror.

(Cue Anyone, lets get this into second gear!)

At the top of the stairs, MaryAnne glanced back to where the mirror had fallen again and met Chet's gaze. She could read in his expression that he thought it to be odd too. She lingered at the top of the stairs as most of the folks in the tour group passed her. She continued to look at Chet, as if to say what do you think?

(cue Chet or anyone!)

• 1 month later...

Chet's missmatched eyes met the eyes of the deputy and he flicked his brow nodding slowly that he agreed something wasn't right. He turned the rear of the frame towards MaryAnne so that she could get a look at the hook the frame at hung on and see that it was strong and secure. As was the nail it had hung on.

Gently he laid the broken frame back down and rouse to his feet taking Amanda's hand in his as they continued on there way through the tour. The rooms were beautiful and elligant, the drappery and bed linnens matched glamorously. The tour was a good 40 minutes long, the tourists were even treated to a complimentary piece of opening celebration cake.

Chet was on high alert the entire tour, but that was nothing unusual, being an outlaw and on the run for the better early part of his life had made it almost second nature to be very cautious and observant. But still, nothing more unusual happened the remains of the tour.

The people parted ways once it was done, returning to the carnival like shindig for the remains of the day. Every person who took the tour was entered to win a free night in the hotel with four friends, Chet and Amanda stuck around for the drawing.

(Cue anyone. Just cause Halloweens over dont mean this stories gonna fall through the floor, too much fun.)

(Again... in first person point of view)

Watching carefully as the people moved throughout the new building, I do not know which women it is that will set me free. But the three that seemed to be some what together caught my eye. The first, a shorter women with dirty blond hair and a kind country flair about her. Her brown eyes full of a young womens interest and wonder. Dressed in a blue plaid shirt, blue Levi jeans wrapped with silver hearts of some kind around her waist, a belt perhaps, topped off with a pair of boots on her feet. The next female, another short women with blond hair, slender and sleek. With concerned green eyes at every turn, aware and alert.

But it was not these two that seemed to make what little soul I have left wither with hope. The one who appeared to be there leader. A women in uniform blue, bearing a beautiful face with high cheek bones and a strong round jaw, stern if it need be, but so tender it seemed. Her blue eyes I noticed could shimmer from a warm welcoming sky blue to a northern winter ice with a moments notice. Her hair... it was her hair that seemed almost familiar, like I could feel its length and natural curl as I ran my fingers through it. Feathered around her face so beautifully, a face so welcoming... I growled at myself and tore my eyes from them for a shadow so much like myself, a firey shadow lingered close to all three women.

A modern day cowboy, a wrangler perhaps, but a very strong souled being, every ounce of him a fighter with dark eerie eyes that did not match. A man larger then my once natural self, tall, but built like a bull, solid and feirce. By the looks of the thin line of his set lips and the scars on his face, he'd be quick to hook you with a horn and pound your guts into the ground. I smirked to myself, he would not make himself a problem in my path to these women that will set me free or he will join me. I curled my hand into a fist tightly, I had to see to it that these three somehow were to book rooms at the hotel.

The drawing...yes... the drawing. They are all friends, if one were to win they would invite the others, but what were there names? The small one with dirty blond hair, I knew her name, the great great grand daughter of Jeeter Davenport from my day and life time. A good man, a good women, her name would be the one. So I waited, lingering near the drawing box, unseen by all the living. I found her name entry and when it came time for the Sheriff to draw, I saw to it that her ticket fell into his hand.

(Cue anyone...)

Rosco stepped up on the makeshift podium announcing above the den of noise made by the crowd that was talking about the tour they had taken of the new building in awe struck tones. “Ya’ll gather ‘round for the drawing to see who the lucky person is gonna be to stay in this here brand new building of the Hazzard Hotel.” The crowd gathered close, each hoping it would be their ticket that was drawn for the free one night stay in the brand spankin’ new shiny building with all its Victorian furniture and other fine furnishings. Some were contemplating who their guests would be while others knew it would be their family.

Reaching into the big vase that had been the container for all the entry tickets Rosco reminded them “now you all remember whoever wins this gets to invite four friends to stay with them.” Someone yelled impatiently “hurry it up Rosco before we’re all old and grey!” Pulling out the winning ticket Rosco announced to the crowd “the lucky winner is Miss, B.L. Davenport and four of her friends. Just tell ‘em at the front desk you’re the winner of the contest and they’ll give you the keys to the rooms.” The dirty blonde, with a country flair hurried off in search of the four people who she was going to invite to be her guest. The rest of the crowd disperse, some going back to the shindig other’s calling it a day going home.

Seeing Chet and Amanda Duke across the room near the mahogany with glass panels revolving door, B.L. waved calling “Amanda, Chet! just a minute…..” the Davenport woman weaved her way through the mingling citizens hurrying to catch them.

(cue anyone)

• 5 weeks later...

(This post is a joint effort by BL Davenport and Chet Duke.)

Chet paused looking over his shoulder as he heard someone yell his name, tugging Amanda to a stop gently as he saw BL coming towards them. A smile dawn his face softly, he had heard his friends name drawn by the Sheriff.

"Congrats BL! I half figured ol’ Rosco would take the winning for himself and draw his own name." Chet laughed.

BL chuckled "It wouldn't have surprised me if he had, say how would you and Amanda like to be my guest for the night?"

The young Duke boys brow raised in plesant suprise. "We would love to! That would be really awesome, I can't remember the last time Amanda and I had a nice time out together. I think it was our honeymoon the last time we stayed in a hotel."

BL smiled at her friends "excellent!" It did not surprise her that they had not been in a hotel in so long, that was the case for many in Hazzard because they simply could not afford the luxery even of a cheaper hotel. "You are over due then and what a better way than a free night" the blonde woman grinned, "still blows my mind that not only is Rosco not charging for the room but he's waiving all the costs including room service."

"Now that is surprising! By all means I will be testing the new room service, see just how good they really are." Chet smirked playfully, he was a well known trickster and a typical Duke of trouble. His smirk turned on his wife and he squeezed her hand. "We'll get on home and get some duds packed for a few nights and meet ya back here in about an hour?"

Laughing BL shook her head just imagining the torment Chet would heap upon the employees of the hotel, "an hour sounds good , I need to go home and get a few things too." Her eyes sparkled amused at his playful smirk, having grown up with the Duke's she was no stranger to the trouble they could cause, she had been a partner in crime to some of that trouble more than a few times herself.

Chet and Amanda waved as they parted from BL, getting into there black Chevy truck and heading for there ranch. They looked forward to a rest from there everyday lives on the ranch, it would be rather pleasant to soak in a hot tub of bubbles and sleep in past the crack of dawn.

(Cue Anyone)

MaryAnne caught up to BL after Chet and Amanda had left.

"Hey, BL, way to go! Congratulations!" MaryAnne grinned. "It was nice to see Rosco do an honest contest and pick an honest winner. Khee! I saw you talkin' to Chet and Amanda. They gonna be two of your four lucky guests? Of course, ol' Chet'll probably tear the place apart. Heh!"

(cue BL)

“Thanks Maryanne!” BL smiled, “yup it sure was, I half expected him to rig it and every slip of paper have his own name on it. “

Nodding her head, dirty blonde ponytail bouncing, BL answered “yes they are, we’re supposed to meet back here in an hour.”

Laughing quietly eyes twinkling playfully BL commented “heh….well one thing is for sure the staff won’t be caught sleeping on the job, Chet’ll keep ‘em hopping. How about being one of my guests Maryanne? A night off with pay courtesy of your cousin sounds like a pretty good deal to me.” BL gave the deputy a lopsided grin thinking about what Rosco would say about that.

(Cue Maryanne)