Say NO to one liners on the ROUND ROBIN FORUM!

Cowboy

Dont hurt yourself trying to come up with a suitable nick name for me that you can post on this family board. Alex sure hasnt a chance in a snow storm of coming up with one either.

I bet even MaryAnne and MeadowMufn would be hard pressed to not call me something that wouldnt be along the lines of @$$%$^#!!

Big deal. I'll have you know lately Ive done my share of helpin out around here, to the best of my ability. Other then pokin fun at Alex and prodding him just because I cant help myself, Ive been well behaved.

After all I asked for permission to post this petition so I wouldnt get in trouble,(and for the better interest of the quiality of Hnet) and although I broke rules on the RR forum I did it rather civil like and didnt blow my top.

Ive been makin an effort, dont it count fer something?

}~*Cowboy

Dont hurt yourself trying to come up with a suitable nick name for me that you can post on this family board. Alex sure hasnt a chance in a snow storm of coming up with one either.

I bet even MaryAnne and MeadowMufn would be hard pressed to not call me something that wouldnt be along the lines of @$$%$^#!!

Big deal. I'll have you know lately Ive done my share of helpin out around here, to the best of my ability. Other then pokin fun at Alex and prodding him just because I cant help myself, Ive been well behaved.

After all I asked for permission to post this petition so I wouldnt get in trouble,(and for the better interest of the quiality of Hnet) and although I broke rules on the RR forum I did it rather civil like and didnt blow my top.

}~*Cowboy

I have to say Chet does deserve a break he's been working his butt off to make changes in the rr so the quality of stories will hopefully return to what they once was. (They say rules are made to be broken) but with that said he only broke the rules once by interfering in a story before getting permission to post this petition which has gotten alot of positive responses.

B.L.

}~*Cowboy

You want a medal? I might find a cereal prize we can award to ya.

I've given some thought to your knickname, too. How about "Cowchip?"

• 3 months later...

Im seeing it again! RIGHT NOW, I can name more then 3 stories on the Round Robin forum that have FAR TOO MANY one liner posts/replies. I will not put up with it. There ARE people who put a tremdous amount of time and effort into writing around here. But AGAIN the majority Im seeing is not looking good. Havent we been through this before? If you dont want to put the effort in then dont bother starting a story! If you wanna write something thats off the map, put it in the right spot! (That means single line replies belong else where!) The moderators work hard keeping this place at its very best, and that means the stories are legable and worth reading. Im not asking you to improve your spelling or grammer... just put something on the paper worth bothering with.

~Chet

Im seeing it again! RIGHT NOW, I can name more then 3 stories on the Round Robin forum that have FAR TOO MANY one liner posts/replies. I will not put up with it. There ARE people who put a tremdous amount of time and effort into writing around here. But AGAIN the majority Im seeing is not looking good. Havent we been through this before? If you dont want to put the effort in then dont bother starting a story! If you wanna write something thats off the map, put it in the right spot! (That means single line replies belong else where!) The moderators work hard keeping this place at its very best, and that means the stories are legable and worth reading. Im not asking you to improve your spelling or grammer... just put something on the paper worth bothering with.

~Chet

I agree with Chet. You're suppose to learn from your mistakes people and stop writing ONE LINERS! A paragraph is a total of five sentences, not one! And even then, some of the one liners I've been reading are only run on sentences that don't make any sense what so ever! There's no details that help create imagery. After our first escapade with the one liners you guys did really well with trying to improve...what the heck happened?! If you're having trouble with writing, don't write anything down just because the other person expects a post, take the time to write a full five sentences, it's easily done I assure you of that! Go read "Hazzardous Hotel" if you're having trouble with something, the authors who participate in that story take their time to make a great effort so the story looks presentable and decent!

Chet and Lori's right, it's not rocket sience people read the forum descriptions and you know right where to put things! I'm not seeing anything that says any of you CAN'T write any better it's all a matter of WON'T. I don't expect correct grammar or spelling anymore than Chet or anyone else but I do want to be able to comprehend the story when I read it. So bottom line is either post something that is worth the reader's time or don't post.

Reading this thread makes me think twice before posting something on here and I don't like it. I get it. And I'm tired of seeing you complain about it. Seeing all these crappy stories does make it uninteresting to those who are looking for a good story from loyal Dukes fans. But I see the other side. Sometimes it's hard to come up with more than one liners and being the type of person who can only get on late at night makes things even harder when you're trying to write with someone especially if they can't get on late at night. Saying that you need to write something worthy of reading or not post at all goes a bit too far. Some stories aren't good. Read the first couple of pages and then if it continues ignore the story. Nobody is making you read the story. I've had problems with this on other sites as well.

Look flat out, it's a story most likely put out there for the enjoyment of the person writing it and maybe their friends they've met online. It's not everyone's cup of tea so to speak. Just like books in print if it stinks I ain't gonna read it I'm just gonna ignore that and search for one I want. I don't like people saying don't put this up because it stinks. That's your opinion and like your armpit I believe it stinks. For all I know someone else is going to look at it and say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Discouraging someone from posting because they don't write big paragraphs every time they post and only once in a while isn't right.

I know you're probably gonna reply with something like "We're not saying you can't post it we're just saying not to post it there". Then that's all that needs to be said and don't saying else about it.

If writing one liners gets to you I'm sorry but people are going to continue to write what they want no matter what you say. Like it or not that's my opinion. Everyone's got one and if you don't like it you don't have to listen. I just hope that one liners don't get anyone banned because that's not right.

I totally agree with you Lizzy. No one is forcing anyone to read anything they don't want. But sometimes it's easier for a person to complain about something then try to help the other person out. I can usually tell by the first couple of post if I'm going to like or not. I think by know you know who you like as a writer and who you don't. If you don't like how that person writes then please don't read it.

Sometimes it's hard to come up with more than one liners and being the type of person who can only get on late at night makes things even harder when you're trying to write with someone especially if they can't get on late at night.

Lizzy this is no excuse for just plain bad writing, a person does not have to post EVERY day or night. I myself have been working on a post for "Hazzardous Hotel" for almost a week, I am not happy with my work and I am not going to post it until I am satisfied it is the best I can do. As for getting on late at night when someone else can't same rule applies don't post until you can post a decent post even if it takes a week to write. It wouldn't be the first time it's been done. For Ex: the "Going Home" series by Dixie Davenport and Bethie88 sometimes will go months between posts because they don't have time to post very often but wait until they have something more than one short line or a run on sentence to post.

Do you know what makes a writer sell a book? Do you know what has made a site like this number 1 all these years... sure wasnt one line posts. DONT tell me or anyone else on here who works 40 hours a week that ya dont have time to post or put effort into a post. A good story could take YEARS to build, not days or weeks, which is what I see around here, one line at a time and it aint worth reading.

People have been asked very nicely to not post a story that consists of single line after single line. MaryAnne even expanded boards in a way to make a place for every type of story. Dont be lazy, I Role Play lines longer in one night then you green horns post in a week!

This is a site for stories to be made and read. People have come here for years and years to READ, simply and utterly READ. And they once really enjoyed it, but now they dont even bother.

Go on... post your one liners in the Round Robin board, we'll see where it gets ya.

~Chet

Some people don't like first person point of view. That didn't stop S. and Kristy from sharing their stories!

Except for a short canon holiday fic story posted here, Kristy is the only person who has given feedback on my stories in years.

What if someone created a no more next generation or Mary Sue - Marty Stu type characters on Hazzardnet?

I'm one of the people that can't get on late at night, I'm 14 and Freshman in High School, I have to go to bed early on school nights...I'm only on for a little bit after school...a few hours so I don't have a lot of time to make posts...sometimes my time gets cut short...then I have get everything ready for the next day its not easy to get making long posts in my schedual..I'm not trying to disrespect anyone, especially Cowboy, but I agree with Lizzy and Jami...if you don't like the storys...please don't read them.