paranormal experiences

Emy-Rae Duke

Has anyone ever experienced them?

the worst thing that ever happened to me is IO was almost pulled of my bed... well it was a cot, it was when my mom was alive and my dad and I stayed with her so the nurses would bring in a cot at night. and one night I just felt something grab my feet and kept pulling.

other times id just get hit with intense fear sometimes id get chills and very rarely id see dark shadows through the corners f my eyes.

the worst thing that ever happened to me is IO was almost pulled of my bed... well it was a cot, it was when my mom was alive and my dad and I stayed with her so the nurses would bring in a cot at night. and one night I just felt something grab my feet and kept pulling.

other times id just get hit with intense fear sometimes id get chills and very rarely id see dark shadows through the corners f my eyes.

I feel like im bein watched some times its creepy..and yeah i get what you mean about shadow spirits..i believe they haunt my house...and im pretty sure we have a poltergiest here too

*plays erie haunting music* *footsteps* hahaha! *evil laugh*

hmm anyways....lets see.....one time I can think of is when I was in the livin room one night, I was watchin tv, I was the only one up, it was like 2 or 3 in the morning....anyways I had the tv down real low so I wouldnt wake no one up, and I glanced towards the hall and saw this sawdow go from my mamas room into the hallway....I figured she was goin to the bathroom...a couple minutes later I heard the potty flush, and the water come on like in the sink and then it turned off...I watched...n I watched...n I watched fer bout 5 or 6 minutes in dead silence....I never saw the shadow go back through....Finally I got the nerve to git up and went to where her room was and she was snoring like she had never waken up...Went into the bathroom the sink was dry, no water had been in it in hours....I really freaked me out...lol...

Then there are a lot of times when I am in the house alone n I will be downstairs and I will hear footsteps upstairs....but no one is up there....

There are a lot of times when I'll be in my room n it will be like 2 or 3 in the morning n I will hear voices like the tv is on, and then I will walk to the end of the hallway and nothing is on, no lights no nothing...I will go back in my room and hear the voices again....

Its weird....

Then one night I woke up in the middle of the night, and there is a toy box(used to keep quilts n blankets in) at the head of my bed...will I had a bunch of papers n pens n stuff on top of it, anyways I woke up and all the stuff was flying in the air, just like jumping up and down....it happened the next night too...that was creepy...lol....

Oh the only other one I can think of is we were at the grave yard like at 11pm....well anyways there was this bunch of howling...it kept gettin scloser n closer and then finally stopped, and when I looked back towards the car, I saw this shadow go across the graveyard...it was really weird...

Well that is all I can think of...I love haunting/ghost stories but I tend to get paranoid after listenin or watching em...so I usually dont listen/watch em...

I promise I'm not totally crazy...just enough to keeep me from going insane! hehehehe! lol.

naw your not crazy about 2 3 of my family members do have the ability to see into the spiritual world, goood and bad spirits.

but 12am is usually when they come out more some places at 3am. inmy old house you coulda tell it was 12am...dead silence then dogs will bark hysterically

here you can definatley tell when midnight is because its dead quiet except for coyotes and crickets

Some friends of mine and I are actually amature ghost hunters. (Just because we haven't figured out how to get anyone to pay for our services yet, lol.) Never thought to throw them a party, but we have caught some pretty amazing things in pictures and evps.

Our most recent trip was to an abandoned tunnel in my hometown where an old woman was murdered in the 50s. She banged on our car, tried to open the doors, and even reached in through an open window and pulled one guy's cigarette out of his mouth, throwing it halfway down the tunnel.

If anyone's interested, I will post some of our pictures, once I quit being lazy and take the time to download them off my camera. :oops: It's only been a little over a week since the trip lol.

Some friends of mine and I are actually amature ghost hunters. (Just because we haven't figured out how to get anyone to pay for our services yet, lol.) Never thought to throw them a party, but we have caught some pretty amazing things in pictures and evps.

Our most recent trip was to an abandoned tunnel in my hometown where an old woman was murdered in the 50s. She banged on our car, tried to open the doors, and even reached in through an open window and pulled one guy's cigarette out of his mouth, throwing it halfway down the tunnel.

If anyone's interested, I will post some of our pictures, once I quit being lazy and take the time to download them off my camera. :oops: It's only been a little over a week since the trip lol.

WOW LOL remind me to never go to that tunnel cause this is what ill be doin as soon as i get there! :escape: *scream*

I'm serioulsy haunted by a poltergiest...which lol we lived in this little Texas home first buddy.

WOW LOL remind me to never go to that tunnel cause this is what ill be doin as soon as i get there! :escape: *scream*

I'm serioulsy haunted by a poltergiest...which lol we lived in this little Texas home first buddy.

It really wasn't scary. We hated to leave as early as we did and are planning to head back soon. Honestly, the ghosts at work tend to be a lot rougher than she was:D. I guess we are just odd - the harder they try to scare us or get rid of us, the more likely we are to go running towards them.

Haven't dealt with poltergiests too much. The one we had at our warehouse didn't stick around very long. Does he throw and move thinmgs or just make noises?

It really wasn't scary. We hated to leave as early as we did and are planning to head back soon. Honestly, the ghosts at work tend to be a lot rougher than she was:D. I guess we are just odd - the harder they try to scare us or get rid of us, the more likely we are to go running towards them.

Haven't dealt with poltergiests too much. The one we had at our warehouse didn't stick around very long. Does he throw and move thinmgs or just make noises?

He throws things at me....he hates me and my cousin and dad

He throws things at me....he hates me and my cousin and dad

It may sound silly, but one of the ways that we got rid of the one at work was to throw things back at him when he started that - especially if you can throw pennies. The copper in them causes the poltergiest to back off a bit. Ghosts and spirits can't stand to touch grounding metals.

We ususally take coins with us when we go on hunts just in case. Silver adn pewter work well, too. That's one reason I wear the rings and other jewelry that I do.

It may sound silly, but one of the ways that we got rid of the one at work was to throw things back at him when he started that - especially if you can throw pennies. The copper in them causes the poltergiest to back off a bit. Ghosts and spirits can't stand to touch grounding metals.

We ususally take coins with us when we go on hunts just in case. Silver adn pewter work well, too. That's one reason I wear the rings and other jewelry that I do.

Nice idea..thanks :D

• 6 months later...

I finally got my pics downloaded from the tunnel and our other hunts. Anyone interested, pm me with your email address and I will forward some on.

Just found out the other night that we can't go back to the tunnel. Someone bought the old woman's house, so the tunnel is now a driveway instead of just a dead-end road :mad: Guess we will have to find a new training ground lol.

Ahh! Fellow ghost hunters/investigators (yeah, theres a difference in the two LOL) I didn't even know this thread existed!

Assuming from the title, I suppose I should talk about the paranormal experiences my group has experienced. My property where I live is actually haunted itself from a mining accident that happened a loooong time ago. I hear car doors shutting and people talking on a regular basis. (Our house sits where the old parking lot was located) There's an old miner who will frequently walk through our house at night as well.

There is though one entity that is evil here. A man whom was killed (he tried to take our property from us) not too far from our property (it happened on the neighboring property on around the mountain) who I believe is the black mist frequently seen up here by my mother and I.

Before we had electricity turned on up here my father, aunt, and uncle all could hear bluegrass music playing out of nowhere.

I use to be a skeptic in the paranormal until I recently encountered said black mist, also captured an orb of light that resembles that of a mining light. We tried to debunk as being a reflection of something or a different light source and could not. It was then that I decided to create our paranormal group known as the KPPC (Kentucky Paranormal Pursuers Crew) to try and help other skeptics believe that the paranormal is real.

Wow.. Well I ain't no ghost hunter, but I'm apparently related to a ghost that haunts the local suspension bridge!

My Great Grandmother on my dad's side said that if a bridge ever went across the Peace River, she would be spinning around in her grave. She said that it would ruin the view. (LOL I think it adds to it myself) There were meetings about building a bridge in the late '40s and she'd always go to them and tell those government dudes exactly what she thought of them and said that if they were ever going to build a bridge, it was going to be over her dead body. So soon after she passed, they began work on the bridge.

My grandfather who worked on the construction of the bridge in the late '50s said that he'd sometimes hear his mother's voice telling him to quit and that he was going to ruin the Peace Country by helping build the bridge. My uncle also claimed that he'd sometimes hear her voice.

(Now, here goes the ghost stuff)

The legend is, if your going over the bridge in the middle of the night, in the fog, you will see a nun. And she will try and flag you down. Someone has apparently got a positive identification that it is actually my great-grandmother! Crazy eh?

I have driven over the bridge lots in the dark, in the fog and I haven't seen anything. But my dad and brother claim they have. They say that I'm too much like my great-grandmother that she won't bother me! lol If you want to check it out, search 'The Ghost of the Dunvegan Bridge' or 'Real Alberta Ghost Stories' there's books on this stuff round here! There's supposed to be one living right at Dunvegan too, but I don't know that story too well... But my sister-in-law has seen that ghost a few times apparently...

• 1 year later...
  • 8 years later...
On 8/24/2009 at 3:17 PM, Emy-Rae Duke said:

Hi Cousin Emy-Rae Duke. Yes I think I had one once. I was spending the night at my dad's mom & dad's my grandma & grandpa's house, shortly after my Uncle Carl died. He was one of my dad's brothers. Well, anyway, it was on a weekend. I was staying the nights there like I always did. I went to bed while grandma & grandpa watched the 11:00 news. Well, nobody was in the room in grandpa's room except me, and all the books next to the bed in the bottom of the nightstand table bookcase, they came crashing down out of there onto the floor. I think Uncle Carl did it. But why he would want to scare me Idk.