Congratulatons Roger!

DaisyMaeDuke

It's not too often that I don't know what to say. Since so many other people deserve this, accepting the fan of the month award can be somewhat humbling.

Thanks Meadowmuffin, MaryAnne and Brian for making HazzardNet what it is today.

Thanks to Gy Waldron for creating Dukes.

Thanks to all the actors, writers and crew who made it happen.

Thanks to everybody who participates in HazzardNet.

I only use my computer for e-mail and HazzardNet so I'm probably not real qualified to say this but I bet that there is no other website in the world where people feel this much like family. I guess it's something in the fresh air here in Hazzard County.

Roger

It's not too often that I don't know what to say. Since so many other people deserve this, accepting the fan of the month award can be somewhat humbling.

Thanks Meadowmuffin, MaryAnne and Brian for making HazzardNet what it is today.

Thanks to Gy Waldron for creating Dukes.

Thanks to all the actors, writers and crew who made it happen.

Thanks to everybody who participates in HazzardNet.

I only use my computer for e-mail and HazzardNet so I'm probably not real qualified to say this but I bet that there is no other website in the world where people feel this much like family. I guess it's something in the fresh air here in Hazzard County.

Roger

i so agree with that Roger

everyone here is like my second non dysfunctional family lol

• 3 weeks later...

Roger,

While you've still got a couple more weeks to wear the Fan of The Month crown, I'm starting to think about our selection for the September Fan of the Month. Then I started thinking about the whole program and how inconsistent we've been with it.

Ya see, with my day job pressures and the shrinking amount of personal time I have these days, I'm gonna need help in keeping our Fan of The Month recognition up to date.

While we're famous for our monthly newsletter coming out once or twice a year, and our Fan of the Month program happening with the frequency of a lunar eclipse, it's time we put fan recognition where it belongs - at the forefront of what we do.

Let's face it, The Dukes of Hazzard has not been aired since CMT let it go, and the major DukesFest events as we've known them may have come to a close. The 2005 movie didn't exactly boost critical opinion of the show or its fans. The sophmore cable movie effort, "The Beginning" seemed to be Warner's Bros last squeeze of the cash cow teat.

All ain't lost, though. Ben Jones still works hard to keep Dukes-themed events going, and Lord willing there will always be opportunties for fans to gather and celebrate our Hazzard County community.

But those events will only be possible if the fans support them. The odds of the show getting back on cable will only improve if those who hold the syndication rights know we're out here. And it takes websites like HazzardNet to keep the fan base active and informed.

Roger, this is a very long-winded way of saying that I'd like you to take over the Fan of the Month selection process effective with October, if you're willing. Meaning about mid-September you'd be making your recommendation for October's Fan of the Month. If you choose to accept this appointment, (which is chock-full of glory and fame but entirely absent of monetary compensation) then I'll PM you with further details. If you decline, that's awright too.

In the meantime, thank you again for being such a great contributor to HazzardNet.

Sincerely,

Brian

HazzardNet Administrator

Roger,

While you've still got a couple more weeks to wear the Fan of The Month crown, I'm starting to think about our selection for the September Fan of the Month. Then I started thinking about the whole program and how inconsistent we've been with it.

Ya see, with my day job pressures and the shrinking amount of personal time I have these days, I'm gonna need help in keeping our Fan of The Month recognition up to date.

While we're famous for our monthly newsletter coming out once or twice a year, and our Fan of the Month program happening with the frequency of a lunar eclipse, it's time we put fan recognition where it belongs - at the forefront of what we do.

Let's face it, The Dukes of Hazzard has not been aired since CMT let it go, and the major DukesFest events as we've known them may have come to a close. The 2005 movie didn't exactly boost critical opinion of the show or its fans. The sophmore cable movie effort, "The Beginning" seemed to be Warner's Bros last squeeze of the cash cow teat.

All ain't lost, though. Ben Jones still works hard to keep Dukes-themed events going, and Lord willing there will always be opportunties for fans to gather and celebrate our Hazzard County community.

But those events will only be possible if the fans support them. The odds of the show getting back on cable will only improve if those who hold the syndication rights know we're out here. And it takes websites like HazzardNet to keep the fan base active and informed.

Roger, this is a very long-winded way of saying that I'd like you to take over the Fan of the Month selection process effective with October, if you're willing. Meaning about mid-September you'd be making your recommendation for October's Fan of the Month. If you choose to accept this appointment, (which is chock-full of glory and fame but entirely absent of monetary compensation) then I'll PM you with further details. If you decline, that's awright too.

In the meantime, thank you again for being such a great contributor to HazzardNet.

Sincerely,

Brian

HazzardNet Administrator

LOL i couldnt write that much

BUT I'LL SAY THIS AGAIN:

LOL Rog your awsome keep it up.....ill probably never get Fan Of The Month lol so enjoy your remainin time with that crown......:)

Roger,

I'd be happy to help Brian. Since I'm so appreciative of you asking me, I thought I'd submit my recomendations for the next 6 months.

October 2009) Brian Coltrane

November 2009) Brian Coltrane

December 2009) Brian Coltrane

January 2010) Brian Coltrane

February 2010) Brian Coltrane

March 2010) Brian Coltrane

How am I doing so far? I really think I'm getting the hang of this.

Roger,

I'd be happy to help Brian. Since I'm so appreciative of you asking me, I thought I'd submit my recomendations for the next 6 months.

BAHAHAHA!

I'd say Roger has exactly what it takes to take over this segment of HazzardNet. Oh not because he picked Brian (tho' flattery does get you places), but that he went with the quickest and simplest answer he could come up with....

"Awright, we'll have Brian be fan o' the month for the next six months and then I won't have to worry about it 'til then. Brilliant! Next problem..."

Unfortunately, Roger, and I'll have to check the rules on this, I don't think any HNet admin/moderator is eligible to be fan o' the month. I could be wrong as most of our rules are written on diner napkins and taped to the bar at the Boar's Nest and they're not well organized. And some have been used to clean up the bar and what not. But I'm pretty sure on this one.

Still, in terms of concept, you got this thing down pat already! :D

Roger,

Roger, that's just more proof that you're perfect for the job. KHEE!

Tho' MaryAnne is right, the HazzardNet staff is exempt. The good news is, there's plenty of deserving folk here on HazzardNet. You're also not limited to HazzardNet members. We give them first consideration, of course, but I've also awarded fan honors to avid Dukes fans I've met at car shows and at DukesFest, ect.

I can assure ya that the September Fan of the Month is a HazzardNet regular. Where it goes starting in October, is all up to you. Give me a few days to PM you with more details.

Thank you Roger for being willing to help us out with this important part of HazzardNet. With your help I'm sure the Fan o' the Month program will be better than ever.

Brian

BAHAHAHA!

I'd say Roger has exactly what it takes to take over this segment of HazzardNet. Oh not because he picked Brian (tho' flattery does get you places), but that he went with the quickest and simplest answer he could come up with....

"Awright, we'll have Brian be fan o' the month for the next six months and then I won't have to worry about it 'til then. Brilliant! Next problem..."

Unfortunately, Roger, and I'll have to check the rules on this, I don't think any HNet admin/moderator is eligible to be fan o' the month. I could be wrong as most of our rules are written on diner napkins and taped to the bar at the Boar's Nest and they're not well organized. And some have been used to clean up the bar and what not. But I'm pretty sure on this one.

Still, in terms of concept, you got this thing down pat already! :D

Roger did have a good idea there, didn't he ! I'm far too shy and modest, howevah, to accept that kind of award.

And of course, just working with such great people like you and MeadowMufn is reward enuff.