Musical Chairs

Redneck girl 01

"Down the Road" Kenny Chesney with Mac McAnally

Well the fact that this is Kenny Chesney...it shouldn't be a surprise to y'all, when I say that I love this song! Mac does a great job with his part as well. Can listen to Chesney's music all day and NEVER get tired of it. He has a way of making a bad day or a bad mood of mine a lil better. All I can say is, that this is one AWESOME song!

Look out for some famous faces in this video. There's Jeff Lynne from ELO who co-wrote the song, and George Harrison and Ringo Starr from a little-know band called The Beatles ;).

I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers

If you'd prefer a more acoustic version, try

• 4 weeks later...

I'm playing out of turn again for another obituary. Sadly, I read the news this morning that Phil Everly of the Everly Brothers had died at the age of 74. The Everly Brothers are probably best known for songs like

, Wake Up Little Susie and
(all previously posted in this thread), as well as being the most famous cousins of Jimmie Best. To fit with the previous song, I'm going with a duet that Phil recorded with Sondra Locke for the 1978 Clint Eastwood movie 'Every Which Way But Loose'.

Don't Say You Don't Love Me No More - Sondra Locke & Phil Everly

R.I.P. Phillip "Phil" Everly (January 19, 1939 – January 3, 2014)

I'm playing out of turn again for another obituary. Sadly, I read the news this morning that Phil Everly of the Everly Brothers had died at the age of 74. The Everly Brothers are probably best known for songs like
, Wake Up Little Susie and
(all previously posted in this thread), as well as being the most famous cousins of Jimmie Best. To fit with the previous song, I'm going with a duet that Phil recorded with Sondra Locke for the 1978 Clint Eastwood movie 'Every Which Way But Loose'.

Don't Say You Don't Love Me No More - Sondra Locke & Phil Everly

R.I.P. Phillip "Phil" Everly (January 19, 1939 – January 3, 2014)

I was all set to mention that Phil was Jimmie's cousin, but once again, Hoss, you have all the bases covered. Phil leaves a great legacy of music that will be enjoyed for generations. RIP.

• 3 weeks later...

I should've posted this yesterday, but, in my defense, we don't have Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in Ireland.

Pride (In The Name of Love) - U2

The chimneys and cranes in the video are all around the port in Dublin. Here's a picture I took from the back of the catamaran ferry about two years ago on an overcast day.

DublinPort.jpg

• 1 month later...

"The Walk" by Sawyer Brown. I really love Sawyer Brown's music...and the band. I really miss hearing them on the radio...they were purely country. If only I could wind back time for Country music. Don't get me wrong...do like some of today's artists. . .and some of the songs on the radio. But it isn't the same the way it use to be. Really miss Sawyer Brown and their music....need more like them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i3pqJ2jqLo&list=PL7285A2E882A32D11

• 2 months later...

To honor the special award she received at tonight's BAFTA awards, and to help celebrate last year's half a century in show business, here's a little song by Bacharach and David. Although Dionne Warwick's version is better known in the US, this one spent three weeks at #1 in the UK charts in 1964.

Anyone Who Had A Heart - Cilla Black

• 1 month later...

"Achy Breaky Heart" Billy Ray Cyrus

Posting this song and watching this video almost makes me want to cry. Well maybe not litterally but still makes me a bit sad. I was the biggest Billy Ray Cyrus fan. For the longest time, I had all of his albums. Had posters/pictures of him on my wall. Saw him seven times in concert...the last time I got pushed on stages with him to get his autograph. I was a huge fan...and a part of me still am. But find it really sad the path or road that he has taken the past couple of years. It is not for me to judge or criticize his life style or choices he or his daughter has made/making because I am far from perfect, I just miss the old Billy Ray. If that makes any sense...

Anyway here is the big hit that introduced the name Billy Ray Cyrus to Country Music...and probably the world. To me, this song never gets old...

"ACHY BREAKY HEART" BILLY RAY CYRUS

The only other track I have with either "achy" or "breaky" in the title is Weird Al's parody of Billy Ray's song, so I'm gonna have to use "heart" :).

This one's not the sort of thing I usually listen to, but it was used on a commercial recently and I found it annoyingly catchy! The record company decided to replace Rizzle Kicks with Chiddy Bang for the US release, but the reviews from both sides of the Atlantic seem to favor the original, so here it is:

Heart Skips a Beat - Olly Murs ft. Rizzle Kicks

• 2 months later...

:previous: The uploader obviously didn't want me to watch that video as they haven't made available in my country :(.

From what I've read online, this rather poignant song is at least partly based on a friend of Mr. Dolby, but he's not saying who it is.

Screen Kiss - Thomas Dolby

• 4 months later...