Musical Chairs

Redneck girl 01

Contrary to Garrett's earlier insinuation, I don't have a lot of techno in my collection, but I'd hate to turn down a request :).

I you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed NKOTB ;)

Hey Boy Hey Girl - The Chemical Brothers

Don't forget to play it loud.

Superstar DJs - here we go!

• 2 weeks later...
Contrary to Garrett's earlier insinuation, I don't have a lot of techno in my collection, but I'd hate to turn down a request :).

I you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed NKOTB ;)

Hey Boy Hey Girl - The Chemical Brothers

Don't forget to play it loud.

Superstar DJs - here we go!

Well Hoss...think I got to agree with Jimmie Johnson on this one. Can't believe you would miss JJ for that...LOL

And as much as I respect you and all, I don't agree with your taste in music at all...that will never enjoy that song or anything like that remotely close as much as I do the New Kids on the Block. So in order to cleanse myself from that song you called music, I am going with another GREAT New Kids on the Block...with hope of bettering your taste in music. ;) (Hope you know I am only giving you a hard time Hoss...not my kind of music, but have nothing against it or anyone who does like it...)

NKOTB...COVER GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In less than two weeks...I will be seeing them in concert. Can you guess who is excited? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This was originally an Allen Toussaint song, but I'm going for the cover by Little Feat's Lowell George from his solo album, 'Thanks I'll Eat It Here'.

What Do You Want the Girl To Do - Lowell George

For those of you who've read my Tower of Song thread, you'll know that I listen to a radio show that pits two versions of the same song against each other. This song was featured last week, and the other version was the one below (although I could only find the live version at a decent quality):

What Do You Want the Boy To Do - Bonnie Raitt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owy9K0Vdn28

I couldn't put this one first because it doesn't have "girl" in the title :).

I don't think you get this comparison idea - you're meant to pick two versions of the same song by different artists. Pick one of yours, and I'll put up Weird Al. (I know the contest is unfair, but I am giving you a chance to pick which NKOTB version gets beaten :).)

The White Stuff - "Weird Al" Yankovic

Here is another GREAT song off of the New Kids on the Block's new album "10".

I see the boys still shy away from the writing side of the business. Donnie Wahlberg was one of three writers on 'Miss You More' and Joey McIntyre was one of four writers on 'Back to Life' and 'Now or Never', but that's it. Two of the writers on 'Survive You' are from the soon-to-split-up British band JLS (they came second in the 2008 series on 'The X-Factor'), and a third member of JLS co-wrote 'We Own the Night'.

Here's some proper music from 1964. The performance is taken from the popular (and still running) children's TV show 'Blue Peter'. You just don't see dancing like this anymore :).

You Were Made For Me - Freddie & The Dreamers

I see the boys still shy away from the writing side of the business. Donnie Wahlberg was one of three writers on 'Miss You More' and Joey McIntyre was one of four writers on 'Back to Life' and 'Now or Never', but that's it. Two of the writers on 'Survive You' are from the soon-to-split-up British band JLS (they came second in the 2008 series on 'The X-Factor'), and a third member of JLS co-wrote 'We Own the Night'.

Here's some proper music from 1964. The performance is taken from the popular (and still running) children's TV show 'Blue Peter'. You just don't see dancing like this anymore :).

You Were Made For Me - Freddie & The Dreamers

Wow Hoss you sure do know a lot about the New Kids...LOL

Well here is a song from a group that didn't turn out to be a one hit wonder...

More's the pity ;).

Eurythmics aren't known for their acoustic songs, but when you can sing like Annie Lennox, you don't need any more than an acoustic guitar as backing. This version, that sounds like a live performance, is exactly how it appeared on the 1987 album 'Savage' (with a little applause added at the end).

I Need You - Eurythmics

• 2 weeks later...

My friend actually had me listen to a few of her favorite songs....I almost hate to admit it, but I really like this one:

Die for You- Otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyq196qnEeo

P.S. I hope this is the right song...I'm at home, so there is no way for me to load the video...I'm just gonna hope for the best...I'm pretty sure it is the right one....lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...