But listen closely, not for very much longer,

I've got to keep control.

The Time Warp - RHPS Original Cast

In case y'all have forgotten:

It's just a jump to the left,

And then a step to the right,

With your hands on your hips,

You bring your knees in tight,

But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this counts as a one hit wonder - it's their only song that I can remember.

LOL. Now that was a great (and new to me) Ray Charles song. 8-)

I have

for you by The Who. From what I've read, the lyrics may be slightly dubious, but they hide it with ambiguity. Your part seems to be played by Diana Rigg in this video :).

Not a one hit wonder (try multi hit wonder!)

Things We Said Today - The Beatles

Your part seems to be played by Diana Rigg in this video :).

Oh, I kinda like the idea of Diana Rigg playin' my part... :wink:

marriedalive2.jpg

That song by The Who was new to me too. I only know one other song with a variation of "MaryAnne" for the title, and I would post the link but HNet is now allowing me to do so in this post for some reason. I mean, really c'mon HNet (C'mon, Marianne... LOL)

Seeing as I heard a radio interview with band-member Graham Gouldman earlier today:

The Things We Do For Love - 10cc

Oh, I kinda like the idea of Diana Rigg playin' my part... :wink:

Trust you to find a picture of Diana Rigg alongside Robert Culp from an obscure ITV drama series from the 1970s.

Although she's probably best known as Emma Peel in 'The Avengers', to me she'll always be Tracy Di Vicenzo to George Lazenby's James Bond in 'On Her Majesty's Secret Service'.

james_bond_women_04.jpg

"She's having a rest. We'll be going on soon. There's no hurry, you see.

." Such a sad ending. :(
I only know one other song with a variation of "MaryAnne" for the title, and I would post the link but HNet is now allowing me to do so in this post for some reason. I mean, really c'mon HNet (C'mon, Marianne... LOL)

Were you trying to post the version by The Four Seasons, Grapefruit, or Donny Osmond? There's only another two that I can think of, and they're both a bit more downbeat:

(Live)

So Long, Marianne - Leonard Cohen

I noticed that one person had commented on both videos. They commented "That awesome moment when my own name is Marianne......" to Tori Amos, and "That awkward moment when my own name is Marianne........" to Leonard Cohen - draw from that what you will :).

Gotta love Alan Jackson and his music...keeping Country music true. Sadly when he first came to Nashville to be a Country singer he was turned away...saying he was too Country. :-o Don't understand how Country Music could turn someone away for being too Country...I mean isn't that what he is suppose to sing? Ah well, look at him now, twenty years later...

"Good Morning" Mandisa

I absolutely LOVE this song...one of my favorite Christian songs that is out at the moment. Mandisa has such a great personality to her. Toby Mac sings with her and he is one of my favorite Christian artists - love his energy and his songs. As I said, love this song...great song to put the volume up high - wish I could have this on my alarm clock!

As soon as I read the title of Garrett's song I started humming this. It was then that I realized that my recent familiarity with the tune was due to its use on a commercial, although I had no idea what they were advertising until I looked it up (turns out it's a skin care product).

Good Morning Freedom - Blue Mink

Blue Mink may not be a familiar name, but they had some influential members. Vocalist Roger Cook co-wrote several hits including 'I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing (in Perfect Harmony)', Madeline Bell sang backing vocals for Dusty Springfield and Donna Summer, and bassist Herbie Flowers was a well-known session musician who played on hits for Elton John, David Bowie, Lou Reed (including the prominent bass line of 'Walk on the Wild Side') and on Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of 'The War of the Worlds' among many others. Flowers also composed the hit 'Grandad' which I posted recently in One Word Song Titles as a tribute to Clive Dunn.

I'll do you one.

The video is not Dukes of Hazzard related but Emergency! related. Emergency! is a new old show my mom has gotten me into. It was on tv before Dukes of Hazzard, having ended about a year or two before Dukes started. I love it a lot. It is real funny and is shown on METV. Just one more old show that I love. :D

Here's one that made #1 in the UK charts in the same year that Dukes started:

Are 'Friends' Electric? - Tubeway Army (aka Gary Numan)

In 2001, British girl group Sugababes used a big sample of this track in 'Freak Like Me':

While I was looking for the original video I came across quite a few covers, including one I'd never heard by Reverend Parsley's Bible Society. Considering the original is one of the definitive early electronic/synth classics, I was surprised at how well it worked in a folk style.

K-Duke15 said:
The video is not Dukes of Hazzard related but Emergency! related. Emergency! is a new old show my mom has gotten me into. It was on tv before Dukes of Hazzard, having ended about a year or two before Dukes started.

Don't worry - I don't think anyone's bothered about a Dukes connection since the first few posts. As long as at least one word is shared by the song titles, you're fine.

I looked up 'Emergency!'. It actually ran from 1972-79, so the last season overlapped with the first season of Dukes.

I don't think anyone's bothered about a Dukes connection since the first few posts.

I came so close to a Dukes connection in my last choice without even realizing it. Within half an hour of posting 'Are Friends Electric?' I'm watching a program celebrating 60 years of the UK pop charts, and this song comes on, accompanied with some facts about the band. Turns out it was formed by Gary Numan (or Gary Webb as he was known then), his friend Paul Gardiner, and his uncle, Jess (Lidyard) :).