Musical Chairs

Redneck girl 01

I Hung My Head - Johnny Cash

I can't find a video for this either. As usual Johnny Cash does a song better than the original, in this case by Sting.

"All in Your Head" Diamond Rio

I miss Diamond Rio...they are a great band! Love this song! Wish I could find the official video ...

It's there if you know where to look :). The video features Martin Sheen and his son, Ramon Estevez:

It's All In Your Head - Diamond Rio (Official Video)

Or if you'd prefer, the live jazz version by the Ramsey Lewis Trio which also came out in 1965.

Once again, I love this song. It has been awhle since I heard this song and of David Lee Murphy . . .one of those artist who only had a couple of hits before disappearing. Too bad too. :( Great song though! If I am remembering correctly, this was his first song that he came out with.

According to Wikipedia:

Murphy's four albums produced a total of thirteen singles on the country charts, including the Number One hit "Dust on the Bottle" from 1995 and four more Top Ten hits. Although he has not recorded since 2004, Murphy has co-written several singles for other artists, including the Number One hits "Living in Fast Forward" for Kenny Chesney and "Big Green Tractor" for Jason Aldean.

I know that both the Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean songs have been posted in this thread.

Or if you'd prefer, the live jazz version by the Ramsey Lewis Trio which also came out in 1965.

According to Wikipedia:

Murphy's four albums produced a total of thirteen singles on the country charts, including the Number One hit "Dust on the Bottle" from 1995 and four more Top Ten hits. Although he has not recorded since 2004, Murphy has co-written several singles for other artists, including the Number One hits "Living in Fast Forward" for Kenny Chesney and "Big Green Tractor" for Jason Aldean.

I know that both the Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean songs have been posted in this thread.

You just had to prove me wrong. HA HA. Guess I only owned his first album and that is the only one that I really remember.

Do like Kenny Chesney and Jason Aldean (in fact am listening to him now) and like both songs you listed above. :D

I tried to get in before lost_sheep, but never mind ...

It's all here: red double-decker buses; red phone boxes; Punch and Judy; brass bands; Union Jack shorts. It looks like this video's director has been doing an English version of the The Cliche Challenge! :).

lost_sheep3 said:
This was remade by Jessica Simpson for the 2005 DOH movie, but I posted the link to the original.

Thank you ;).

Great bit of rock Brian \m/(>.<)\m/

And now (as Monty Python would say), something completely different.

A very English comedy song from the 1964 album 'At the Drop of Another Hat', portrayed here in Lego.

Does anyone fancy doing songs with 'man' in the title for a bit?.

Continuing with the 'man' songs:

Mention Georgia, Warner Bros., Schneider and the '80s, and it can only be ...

Cindy (in the days when she was still brunette) takes lead vocals on this track from 1980. Several of the commenters on YouTube think this is their best song - it's certainly up there with the best.

(from 'Fiddler on the Roof')

Like Tevye, I can only dream of having "one long staircase just going up, and one even longer coming down, and one more leading nowhere, just for show".

I know Zero Mostel originally played Tevye, but this is from the 1971 movie which starred Topol as Tevye - he was only 36 at the time. I got to see him play the part in London back in 1994.

If the song is familiar, and you don't know why, maybe you remember Gwen Stefani's 2004 hit