Musical Chairs

Redneck girl 01

I knew somebody would pull that one out sooner or later! Fortunately it wasn't me. :D

Tell me you've never had a few beers and found yourself singing along to Neil Diamond and I'll take your derision like a man ;).

This song was released in 1992, but the album was recorded in mono. It could almost be a lost early Rolling Stones session.

... they even LOOK like the early Rolling Stones! LOL

They do on the video, they didn't on the album cover:

stairs.jpg

It's a fun album. I'm glad I bought it in 1992 because I haven't seen it since.

I'll continue with some more '80s pop:

This was from about seven years before they bored everyone senseless by spending 15 weeks at #1 in the UK charts with their cover of 'Love is All Around' from the soundtrack to the 1994 film 'Four Weddings and a Funeral'.

Tell me you've never had a few beers and found yourself singing along to Neil Diamond and I'll take your derision like a man ;).

Uhhhh.....

Considering it's one of the drinking anthems around here (and probably around the world) I couldn't say never. Sweeeet Caaar-o' line....ba ba ba! Good times nevah seemed so good (so good! so good! so good!)

Now I gotta find another song to post before I can't get Sweet Caroline outta my head.

You've set the mood now Brian. From the same era:

Check out the great suits in the video. It's interesting looking at the cross-Atlantic time delay back in the '70s. The Tony Orlando & Dawn song charted in the US in '73, but '74 in the UK. Conversely, this song charted in '74 in the UK and '75 in the US.

This lady isn't painted :)

This song was written for, and featured in

a couple of years ago. The picture of Eva Longoria (I hear she's in a popular TV show) is because she appeared in another commercial for a similar product (from the same company) around the same time. The similarity between this song and

has been much commented upon.

The worrying thing about my last post is that YouTube offered me a version by the cast of Glee - is nothing safe :).

Nice choice Capt, it's not a song I know. I thought I'd go for the man himself with a hit from 1958:

Sweet Little Sixteen - Chuck Berry

The Beach Boys 'borrowed' the tune for their hit Surfin' USA. Berry sued and got joint writing credits and a share of the royalties.

Sometime Dukes looks dated by the lack of political correctness. We don't get songs about 16-year-old girls anymore either.