Sonny's Destiny

After listening to Dukes creator Gy Waldron (season 3...disc 4.....side A) I am convinced that Sonny Shroyer was destined to play Enos.

Gy and Sonny went to college together at the University of Georgia so when he was creating the Dukes he had Sonny in mind as the person who was best qualified to play Enos. Mr Waldron called the producer and told him about Sonny but the producer completely forgot.

Some time later the producer was talking to Gy and said that he had found a great actor at a casting call who fit the part of Enos perfectly and his name was Sonny Shroyer!!!

No doubt about it. Sonny was destined to play Enos. And to the delight of millions of people worldwide, that destiny was fullfilled!!

After listening to Dukes creator Gy Waldron (season 3...disc 4.....side A) I am convinced that Sonny Shroyer was destined to play Enos.

Gy and Sonny went to college together at the University of Georgia so when he was creating the Dukes he had Sonny in mind as the person who was best qualified to play Enos. Mr Waldron called the producer and told him about Sonny but the producer completely forgot.

Some time later the producer was talking to Gy and said that he had found a great actor at a casting call who fit the part of Enos perfectly and his name was Sonny Shroyer!!!

No doubt about it. Sonny was destined to play Enos. And to the delight of millions of people worldwide, that destiny was fullfilled!!

i agree, Sonny was the perfect guy for Enos

I think Rick Hurst did a nice job as Cletus in his own right, though Cletus is not one of my favorite characters. I think Enos is a more lovable character and more endearing... from his very first scene when he tells Daisy "Happy Birthday" I think we all want to root for him....what makes Enos even better though is the fact that Sonny "is" Enos. Anyone who has had the priveledge of meeting him knows that not only does he make you feel like you are the only person in the room, but even out of character, you still feel like you are talking to Enos, an old friend...he talks the same, laughs the same...who could not love that?

I think Rick Hurst did a nice job as Cletus in his own right, though Cletus is not one of my favorite characters. I think Enos is a more lovable character and more endearing... from his very first scene when he tells Daisy "Happy Birthday" I think we all want to root for him....what makes Enos even better though is the fact that Sonny "is" Enos. Anyone who has had the priveledge of meeting him knows that not only does he make you feel like you are the only person in the room, but even out of character, you still feel like you are talking to Enos, an old friend...he talks the same, laughs the same...who could not love that?

you are so right

I have to say,

Enos is along with Daisy too of course but...he is a huge rolemodel of mine, even though im in a 14 year old love triangle in my mind with Bo, Luke and Enos all at once, Enos would seem like the type that:

1)would never hurt ya no matter what

2) if you were Daisy, hed love ya forever

and well, thats about it from me,lol

all and all,

Sonny Your Great, thank you for all you witty comical and also some completely heart breakin moments for years!

Enos was (and is) a great role model for all of us. He was always my favorite character because of his high morals and loyalty to his friends and community. I love his honesty, simplicity and integrity. As I've gotten older, Jesse has taken over as my favorite character but Enos will always be my second favorite (with everybody else tied for third...LOL)

• 1 year later...