Country Singers?

Elly May Duke

Here's some of her biggest hits. You might not recognize them but any country music fan over 45 will recognize at least a couple of these.

Please help me I'm falling

She's single again

Let's stop talking about it

He's a heartache looking for a place to happen

It ain't easy being easy

Don't worry about me baby

I need someone to hold me when I cry

Down to my last broken heart

Come a little bit closer

Here's some of her biggest hits. You might not recognize them but any country music fan over 45 will recognize at least a couple of these.

She's single again

It ain't easy being easy

Come a little bit closer

yeah, i dont recognize a one of em

• 3 months later...
i have an Ipod Touch thats filled with modern country like Lady A, Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley, i even have a couple songs classic country songs by Alan Jackson and Dolly Parton and even Ring of Fire By Johnny Cash, lol, really its filled with many modern country artists

LADY A!!!!!!!! gotta love them. I'm a big Tanya Tucker fan myself. lol

She's single again

It ain't easy being easy

Come a little bit closer

Hey Roger, over 45, bad boy..., I am 44 and I know them all, I was raised on that music since I was a kid, mind you with my brain , I did forget who sings them, but I know Barbra Mandrell is one of them, Crystal gale might be as well, just got a memory block at the moment.:)

My faves of all time are;

Ronnie Milsap/Tanya Tucker/Kitti wells/Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn/ Jerry reed/Crystal gale/ Tommy Hunter/ list goes on.

My faves of today;

Brad Paisley/Patty Loveless/ Sara Evans/Alan Jackson/Shania Twain/Josh Turner/Rascal flatts/Keith Urban and so on....

I LOVE todays Country music...I love them all....lol especially Brad Paisley and Keith Urban cause those two are cute lol.

Hmm....to list all my favorite singers? That would be asking for trouble. lol but my favorite newer artist would be Jason Aldean. I love his song Torn. But as for older stuff, I'll listen to just about anything. I love Tanya Tucker, Trisha Yearwood, Lorrie Morgan, Shania Twian, LeAnne Rimes, LeAnne Womack,Lila McCann, Deanna Carter,Martina McBride, Patty Loveless,Rascal Flatts, Alabama, Toby Keith, George Strait, and the list goes on and on and on and on and on.........:wink:

I'm not much of a fan of newer country but I do like Jason Aldean since he acts and sounds country. Country music certainly has evolved. You need no more proof of that than just remembering that it used to be called Country and Western. There are no more western singers anymore. I think Marty Robbins was the last one.

I think there is going to be another split in country music in the future. It will be divided between country singers and ones who are labeled country but sound like pop. A lot of CMT videos really should be on MTV instead.

Rock music has had a number of splits but country is way overdo for one. Some of the artists will have trouble falling into one group or another (like Rascal Flatts) but selling to more than one group of fans will probably benefit them financially.

I'm not much of a fan of newer country but I do like Jason Aldean since he acts and sounds country. Country music certainly has evolved. You need no more proof of that than just remembering that it used to be called Country and Western. There are no more western singers anymore. I think Marty Robbins was the last one.

I think there is going to be another split in country music in the future. It will be divided between country singers and ones who are labeled country but sound like pop. A lot of CMT videos really should be on MTV instead.

Rock music has had a number of splits but country is way overdo for one. Some of the artists will have trouble falling into one group or another (like Rascal Flatts) but selling to more than one group of fans will probably benefit them financially.

It most certainly has. I like most of today's country, but I grew up on Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Johnny Paycheck and all those guys so I really appreciate them as well as many current artists.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know what your personal tastes are but here's my all-time favorites..

1) Charlie Daniels Band

2) Waylon Jennings

3) Loretta Lynn

4) Hank Williams Sr

5) Hank Williams Jr

6) Patsy Cline

7) Johnny Horton

The only thing I ever listen to besides these seven, are the 1981 Dukes of Hazzard Soundtrack. Oh yea, and Christmas music. I like all kinds of that.

Some folks might call me closed-minded but I just call myself loyal.

• 5 months later...
Guest SleepysRose

I listen to pretty much "anything" but rap and alternative music. My favorite artists are as follows for the categories Rock and Country.

Rock:

1)KISS

2)Journey

3)Foreigner/Lou Gramm

4)Def Leppard

5)Heart

6)Chicago

7) REO SPeedwagon

8) Lynyrd Skynryd

9) Queen

10) Kevin Chalfant

1) Jerry Reed

2) C. W. McCall

3) Red Sovine

4) Waylon Jennings

5) Trace Adkins

6) Lila McCann

7) Clint Black

8) Reb McEntire

9) Dave Dudley

10) Kenny Rogers

Guest SleepysRose

I think Lady Antebellum was here last year at the local Festival. In fact yes there were. If I had known you gals loved them I would have let you know. Sorry. ~ducking so I don't get hit by a pillow for not telling anyone~

I love their music - what a talented trio they are! I have both of their CDs and they are great. They are going to be in Iowa sometime this summer at a fair of some sort, though don't know if I will go or not. They would be awesome to see. Alan Jackson is going to be there too on a different night - which makes it a very hard choice for me. I love AJ's music as well...LOL (Him and Bo seem to have a lot in common. Both are six feet and five inches tall, both blond, both born in GA, both love cars and country music. LOL)

Guest SleepysRose

A word of advice from my own experience regarding AJ. He tends to avoid his fans anyway possible. He took another door out to his bus he had move to another do to avoid his fans in Nashville one time when I was there but not to see him. So I have heard alot about him avoiding the fans through my friends who are fans of him. So keep that in mind when it comes to AJ Garrett. Not all country artists are as friendly as others are. The Oaks were awesome with their fans and Richard (the bassist) even took a shirt in the bus to get Dwayne to sign it for my mom for me. How sweet of him.

I love their music - what a talented trio they are! I have both of their CDs and they are great. They are going to be in Iowa sometime this summer at a fair of some sort, though don't know if I will go or not. They would be awesome to see. Alan Jackson is going to be there too on a different night - which makes it a very hard choice for me. I love AJ's music as well...LOL (Him and Bo seem to have a lot in common. Both are six feet and five inches tall, both blond, both born in GA, both love cars and country music. LOL)

• 11 years later...