season 3

I bet you are looking forward to them coming in for you...hope you like them. I have all seven seasons and yet haven't even watched most of them as of yet. Am I bad or what?

Hope you enjoy your CHiPs as well...I use to love that show. That was my all time favorite show before I got into the Dukes in '97. Think I have seen each and every episode as much as I've seen each and every episode of the Dukes. :D I had even wrote fan-fic of the show before switching to write DOH fan-fic. . .

Since season 7 came out on DVD (Dec 2006) I have watched the entire series 3 times and am now working on the fourth (I have two more episodes before I'm done with season 2)

I try to watch one season every month which isn't too hard. Season 4 has 27 episodes which means that you could watch an episode a day and still fit the longest season into the shortest month of the year.

Sorry I don't mean to brag, but when it comes to the Dukes I have been known to occasionally get carried away with expressing my love for the show...LOL

No Garret, you're not bad. ANYBODY who loves the Dukes as much as you, dukefan1, and every other HazzardNet member does, is OKAY in my book. We're family.

Thanks Roger. :D Thinking of the Dukes, I always get to feeling bad when I think of all the seasons/episodes that I have on DVD and have yet watched. Well I have seen each and every episode more times than I can remember, but have only seen a handful or so from my DVDs. Due to the lack of time in my schedule and of generally going to the computer when I do have time...in my vague attempt to write. LOL.

You can call me jealous, Roger, to hear that you have seen them that many times! Well, maybe not jealous, I'm happy to hear that you are able to watch an episode a day - I remember trying to do that. Sadly enough it didn't last very long. Oh well...I am always glad to hear of a fan as dedicated to the show as you are! Perhaps one day I will organize my life enough to find time to do all that I need to do and watch the Dukes. :D Which is your favorite episode, Roger?

Wow, that's a tough question. I guess the answer would be which ever one I'm watching at the time. Actually I really like the Georgia episodes, especially High Octane. Some of my other favorites are..

Baa Baa White Sheep

Welcome Back Bo 'n Luke

Happy Birthday General Lee

Go West Young Dukes

The Great Santa Claus Chase

any episode that features Enos

How about you?

I have to agree. I like the first five episodes that they aired in Georgia the best. High Octane was a good episode in that bunch, liked "Daisy's Song" just because it was something different - out of Hazzard and different clothes for the boys. Or "Swamp Molly" was fun to watch as well. Though the first five eps are my favorite in general, I would have to say that "Ghost of General Lee" is my all time favorite just for all the emotion that is in the episode. "Ten million dollar Sheriff" is another because it was then when I started to watch the Dukes on TNN - it was the second part of the episode (I can even remember the scene I turned it on to...odd I know). Or "Carnival of Thrills" for the emotion between in that one, but I do hate to see the boys fighting, really enjoyed the end of that episode.

That is just to name a few...any episode with Bo and Luke is great by me. :D Especially with Rosco, Enos, and Cooter in them as well. You can never replace the originals...though I did really enjoy the episodes with LB Davenport in them. Was sad to see him leave and glad to see Cooter back - too bad Hazzard couldn't have two mechanics. ;)

I have to agree. I like the first five episodes that they aired in Georgia the best. High Octane was a good episode in that bunch, liked "Daisy's Song" just because it was something different - out of Hazzard and different clothes for the boys. Or "Swamp Molly" was fun to watch as well. Though the first five eps are my favorite in general, I would have to say that "Ghost of General Lee" is my all time favorite just for all the emotion that is in the episode. "Ten million dollar Sheriff" is another because it was then when I started to watch the Dukes on TNN - it was the second part of the episode (I can even remember the scene I turned it on to...odd I know). Or "Carnival of Thrills" for the emotion between in that one, but I do hate to see the boys fighting, really enjoyed the end of that episode.

That is just to name a few...any episode with Bo and Luke is great by me. :D Especially with Rosco, Enos, and Cooter in them as well. You can never replace the originals...though I did really enjoy the episodes with LB Davenport in them. Was sad to see him leave and glad to see Cooter back - too bad Hazzard couldn't have two mechanics. ;)

i loved the episodes in all of the seasons, but i was sad when Enos left, i have every season in the series on box set dvds from Wallmart, i still havent watched them all, i have a tendency to skip around, is that a bad thing? lol

Nah, DaisyxEnos, I wouldn't consider it a bad thing at all! I've done the same as you by placing a favorite episode in without watching the others before it. As I stated earlier in this thread, I've got all the seasons on DVD, but have only seen a few episodes from them...very sad, I know. :( I wish I could find the time in my schedule, and to stick with it, to watch an episode a day - that might even be the trick to waking up my stubborn muse that refuses to work with me. Anyway...I think you've done fine Daisy. ;)

Nah, DaisyxEnos, I wouldn't consider it a bad thing at all! I've done the same as you by placing a favorite episode in without watching the others before it. As I stated earlier in this thread, I've got all the seasons on DVD, but have only seen a few episodes from them...very sad, I know. :( I wish I could find the time in my schedule, and to stick with it, to watch an episode a day - that might even be the trick to waking up my stubborn muse that refuses to work with me. Anyway...I think you've done fine Daisy. ;)

thank you Garrett

Very true - how can you go wrong watching any episode of the Dukes? I know I do the same when I do watch my DVDs and mostly they are the same episodes that I pick out in the past. I have seen "One Armed Bandits" so many times that I can pretty much say word for word what is to say once I put that episode in. Probably about the same with the other favorites that I put in, but not as much as that episode for some reason. ;)

Very true - how can you go wrong watching any episode of the Dukes? I know I do the same when I do watch my DVDs and mostly they are the same episodes that I pick out in the past. I have seen "One Armed Bandits" so many times that I can pretty much say word for word what is to say once I put that episode in. Probably about the same with the other favorites that I put in, but not as much as that episode for some reason. ;)

id have to say my fave episode would be Daisys Shotgun Wedding, lol, you can tell by my name that anything, including episodes that have to do with Enos or Daisy or both are my faves

• 1 month later...

I just got done watching Duke Vs. Duke in season three...boy is it hard to see the boys fighting, but I think it was just as hard to see them racing against each other instead of working as a team as they always do. Especially knowing that either they'll lose the General or Cooter will lose his car and all the money he placed within it. Plus, it also gave me the dilemma of who to go for ;). Bo has always been my favorite, but Luke is right after him, so it was still hard. Though I've probably seen it many times, I was still excited to see them come up with a tie. Was great to see Bo do it in reverse as well as Rosco shoving Luke to the finish line...what a great episode!

I just got done watching Duke Vs. Duke in season three...boy is it hard to see the boys fighting, but I think it was just as hard to see them racing against each other instead of working as a team as they always do. Especially knowing that either they'll lose the General or Cooter will lose his car and all the money he placed within it. Plus, it also gave me the dilemma of who to go for ;). Bo has always been my favorite, but Luke is right after him, so it was still hard. Though I've probably seen it many times, I was still excited to see them come up with a tie. Was great to see Bo do it in reverse as well as Rosco shoving Luke to the finish line...what a great episode!

yeah it was

Hey Garrett, I remember when that episode originally aired. I never thought about the possibility that they might end up in a tie. After the show was over I thought to myself, why didn't I see that coming? Of course, not everything on the show was predictable. That's one thing that made the show so great.

But, all the endings were happy. That's another thing that made the show so great.

Roger, that is neat that you are able to remember that show originally airing. I had kinda predicted it this way, then again, I've seen the ep probably a dozen times if not more so. It just had been a long time since I last saw it and I couldn't exactly remember how it had ended. Glad it did end in a tie. Hate to see either party lose or lose their car. Guess it'd be more sad to say good-bye to The General, but still sad to see Cooter fall into a hole financially by losing his. All in all, a great show. :D

Speaking of shows we remember from when they originally aired, there are three episodes that I remember quite well: My Son Bo Hogg, Brotherly Love, and Play It Again Luke....it's funny the little things that as a kid stick out in your memory. For instance, I remember the TVGuide teaser for the Friday that "Brotherly Love" would be aired. It read: "Luke risks his life to save his long lost brother from killers!" Why I remember that so many years later I have no idea but I know I watched it that night (and recorded it with my trusty tape recorder since waaaay back then we didn't have VCRs).

I also remember that when Play It Again Luke aired I was Up North with my great grandmother who was in her mid 80s. We watched Dukes together and I remember her saying how "He's got a good voice" referring to Tom Wopat. I didn't know it at the time, but that was the last time I would see her-she passed away later that year.

It's funny the things you remember...

*confused* When did I call you old, Roger? I don't recall saying that. But hey... you're the one that came out and said it, so if the shoe fits, might as well as wear it, right? ;)

Sorry I couldn't help myself, Roger...you know that right? Before you get anything else out to teach me some respect, I will apologize if in any way you got that out of my statement. I honestly didn't mean any disrespect to anyone nor to call anyone old. Heck we are only as old as we allow ourselves to believe we are. ;) Or something like that.

There is only a couple of scenes that stick out to me from when the show originally aired, but I kinda have an excuse for my horrible memory on this account. I was only four or five when the show had stopped filming. I am sure they probably ran reruns for awhile - I'm assuming, I can't remember - and that is probably what I remember. I remember a scene with the General flying...which isn't too descriptive since it could be about any episode. LOL. I just remember going to a friend's house and was excited to see they had it on TV and for some reason that scene stuck. The other one was when Boss and Rosco were chasing Bo and Luke and Luke hung out the window with his bow and arrow to knock the water tower (?) down in front of Hogg and Coltrane.

*Hides behind tree* Honestly Roger, I meant no disrespect towards you or to call you old. So please don't take it out on me for your sensitivity of your age...;) (HA HA)

I like your idea Daisy. That youngster needs to be taught a lesson. I mean, it was okay for me to say I was old but he shouldn't have agreed with me. Right after my nap, I'm teaching that kid a lesson in being more respectful to his elders. I'd better write myself a note and put it on the medicine cabinet so I don't forget.