This Is How You Do It

Lavinia watched with a smile as Luke hugged Bo close, seeing that Bo felt better about the situation now Luke was talking to him and hugging him. Course, Bo didn't say so...he didn't really say anything else, but just looked at Luke's mouth as he spoke with wide blue eyes before putting his little hand over it. He could clearly see something was different.

"All gone Bo...look...* Lavinia said gently, pointing to the gap in Luke's teeth now. "Gone..."

Bo looked between Lavinia and where she was pointing, not understanding exactly what was gone but understanding that there was supposed to be something in the gap. Waving his arms, he bounced up and down a little bit in Luke's hug.

Luke merely hugged Bo a little more, under pretense that he was offering comfort to the baby. In truth, though, he was seeking comfort himself, still more shaken than he wanted to admit, especially with his aunt talking about how he was becoming a big boy. "All gone Bo..but it's ok..." he assured, more for himself than for Bo's benefit. "S'ok..."

Bo babbled after Luke spoke, as if giving him the reassurance that Luke was seeking. After looking at Luke's mouth a little bit more and pulling several questioning, and rather funny faces, he decided he didn't like the atmosphere anymore between them all and promptly moved his hand from exploring Luke's mouth to bopping him on the nose with a baby laugh.

"Yeah yeah yeah I knew that was comin'. Yer just jealous cause you just ain't agin gracefully."

Bo retorted with a smirk, shaking his head.

"Shoulda known my first word woulda been somethin t'do with you....Auntie an Uncle Jesse always did say we was joined at the hip...in fact Uncle Jesse still says we are..."

"Well you see I followed ya cause yer big ego always guarenteed to give me a safe landin if I fell over! It's like a big ol' trampoline. I never understood why you was so afraid of heights, yer ego would just bounce ya straight back up again, no harm done!"

Bo retorted back as he flicked through the photo album some more.

"Did I ever tell ya bout the time I taught ya t' walk?" asked Luke, quickly changing the subject, as he always did when this particular subject came up. Before giving Bo time to object, he took the photo album from him and pointed to a picture of the curly-haired blond, holding tight to the fingers of his six-year-old cousin, and looking towards the camera happily.

Luke smiled, although his mouth hid a secret he had never shared with anyone. "Well...actually...I used t' get real upset... if I couldn't be the one teachin' ya," he admitted, his face flushing a little.

When he had first come to live with his aunt and uncle Luke had been a broken-heard little boy, having rapidly built up walls to keep all of his feelings pent up inside. That quickly changed when Bo came on the scene. Suddenly, he had someone, however small, that knew and understood exactly what Luke was going through. The older boy reasoned that, likewise, he understood Bo better than anyone and selfishly assumed that he could teach him better than anyone else... and for the most part, as was usually the case with Luke, he was right.

Bo looked to him with a small smile, even after so many years he was not used to that kind of sentimental revelation from Luke. Looking back to the picture, he nodded a little as he thought on that. For as long as he could remember Luke had been showing him how things were done.

"S'nice..."

Bo nodded a little, smiling to himself. He knew the kind of thing Luke would want to say or be thinking at that moment, he didn't need it to be said. Looking at a couple more pictures he smiled more at the thought that, just like the pictures, near all the memories of life he had included Luke. Over the years they'd been through lots together,taught each other things....yes even Bo had taught Luke a thing or two.

"Just bout how much we've done together..." Bo replied with a slight shrug. "How much we've learnt from each other and things. Uncle Jesse and Auntie taught us a lot about life an stuff like that....but I think some of the most important things we probably learnt off of each other....at least I know I learnt them from you..."

Bo looked to where he was pointing, not bothering to say the 'I know I am' line. It never went anywhere after that anyway. Smiling a little he nodded, taking out the picture and looking at the date on the back.

"Yeah must've been....heck I weren't that old and I could do it...didn't make any sense she couldn't..."