Weird Tastes in Music for a DOH fan?

goodolboy85

Have you seen

from a Bulgarian talent show. The girl (Valentina Hasan) learned the Mariah Carey song 'Without You' without knowing any English. She thought the song was called 'Ken Lee' (Can't Live).

Ken Leeeeeee... tulibu dibu douchoo!

I saw that video many years ago and LMAO. I ran across it while viewing Buffalax's "translations" of songs. Just go to Youtube, search on "Buffalax", and you'll find a slew of them. My favorite is Moskau. Warning: some of the lyrics are adult in nature.

I haven't read through the entire thread and I don't recall if I ever replied to this (other than my reply today), but I don't think it's weird to have a wide interest in music. I have very eclectic tastes in music. Funny Hoss should mention Falco, as I was just listening to him a few weeks ago (Vienna Calling, Der Kommisar). Right now, I'm listening to Cole Porter tunes. I love Django Reinhardt, especially Daphne and Brazil. I listen to both kinds of music, country and western (Blues Brothers reference. LOL). I listen to Big Band, jazz, rock (especially classic and southern rock), alternative, pop, disco, Motown, R&B, Gospel, etc. Pretty much the only thing I don't listen to is rap and death metal. LOL. But I'll give almost anything a listen once.

Some of my old favorites (and some new favorites)... It will be a long list.

Louis Armstrong

Louis Prima and Keely Smith

Ella Fitzgerald

Sam & Dave

Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass

Booker T and the MGs

Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66

David Kane and Them Jazzbeards

Abba

Simon & Garfunkel

Muse

Elton John

Billy Joel

The Monkees

The Beatles

Billy Preston

Blues Traveler

Dave Matthews Band (the older stuff)

Charlie Daniels Band

CCR

Dave Brubeck

Dolly Parton

Huey Lewis and the News

Jim Croce

Jimi Hendrix

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Royksopp

Three Dog Night

Talking Heads

Toby Keith

John Anderson

Weird Al

Danny Elfman

Thomas Dolby

Jerry Reed

Hoyt Axton

I could go on and on....

I think Trio's only UK hit was Da Da Da - maybe it's the only one with English lyrics.

I think it was the only one. ^^

Have you seen
from a Bulgarian talent show. The girl (Valentina Hasan) learned the Mariah Carey song 'Without You' without knowing any English. She thought the song was called 'Ken Lee' (Can't Live).

OMG and she doesn't even sing good. XD And nope, I didn't know this video. XD

We hear stories over here that David Hasselhoff's music is popular in Germany - is this true?.

Hmpf.... XD Yeah, he had a number one song in 89, I guess. I never understood what the people did like about "Looking for Freedom". He sang that song when the wall fell, even though it has nothing to do with real freedom. I wish they would have chosen this song as the Freedom song. It's call Freedom in german and the main meaning of the song is:

"Freedom, Freedom, is the only thing that's missing...

Freedom, Freedom is the only thing that's important"

Ken Leeeeeee... tulibu dibu douchoo!

I saw that video many years ago and LMAO. I ran across it while viewing Buffalax's "translations" of songs. Just go to Youtube, search on "Buffalax", and you'll find a slew of them. My favorite is Moskau. Warning: some of the lyrics are adult in nature.

There is a show in Germany called Misheard Lyrics. It's on Youtube as well. Coldmirror did many funny miheard lyrics with funny videos. But I guess it's really only funny, if you do understand german. XD

My fav is this one:

She did understand Dinosaur Tasche which means Dinsosaur bag, but in turkish it means Dinosaur balls and the song is X-rated and very dull. XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7ZZG20zN8A

Or this one XD

Ella the Elephant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93IAPKnD2Bo&feature=relmfu

Ina, you keep reminding me of other German groups I know. Münchener Freiheit (known in the UK as just Freiheit) had a #14 hit in the UK in 1988 with 'Keeping The Dream Alive':

I have to agree with the YouTube comments (from the original video I posted) - the vocals are almost a cross between some of Paul McCartney's solo work and ELO. Like Trio, Freiheit are also thought of as a one-hit-wonder in the UK. Maybe if you guys spoke English more often ... ;).

Speaking of misheard lyrics ... there's a site I used to visit years ago that specializes in them. I've just checked, and it's still there at www.kissthisguy.com. The website's name is taken from a misheard Jimi Hendrix lyric - 'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy ...

I've been there a lot over the years. Misheard lyrics are called mondegreens. The name comes from a poem that writer Sylvia Wright misheard when she was young...

Ye Highlands and ye Lowlands,

Oh, where hae ye been?

They hae slain the Earl O' Moray,

And laid him on the green.

The last line was misheard as "And Lady Mondegreen".

Check out Elton's page. He's got some fantastic mondegreens. LOL.

Like Trio, Freiheit are also thought of as a one-hit-wonder in the UK. Maybe if you guys spoke English more often ... ;).

Hahahahaha... like Tokio Hotel? XD They did their first song in japanese, that is so awful, if you know, how japanese has to sound. XD

This should be it. If you can watch it, it's restricted in Germany.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hvupo9SSvE

Oh btw. a very good singer/band is Unheilig (Unholy), they have very very good songs.

As I have heard he wrote these songs for a friend. "An Deiner Seite" means "At your side" and he wrote it, because his friend was very ill and dying. It means, that he stands at his side, through all problems and what this friend gave to him.

He wrote "Geboren um zu leben", "Born to love" after his friend did die. It's about how precious life is and that the death of someone beloved is no reason to give up.

Edited by Ina

The Hoff has some really weird videos. LOL.

Hooked on a Feeling

This is a total rip off of YMCA.

Argh... I never did like him. And I don't like that kind of music. But he can sing, even though I wouldn't ever listen to stuff like that. XD

The second video is restricted in Germany. x-X

Speaking of misheard lyrics ... there's a site I used to visit years ago that specializes in them. I've just checked, and it's still there at www.kissthisguy.com. The website's name is taken from a misheard Jimi Hendrix lyric - 'Scuse me, while I kiss this guy ...

I'm surprised "Good Ole Boys" didn't make the list. I have heard that some have heard some of the lyrics wrong.