wow i learned something today and i was thinkin bout it. . . .

in US History class, we are learning about the 50's and just finished watching a movie on Buddy Holley. our teacher told us about how Waylon almost got on the plane with those guys. he flipped a coin and he lost. you probably knew that already but what i got to thinkin bout was, what if he would of got on? what would the dukes of been like? but then i realized that if he would of gotten on, there wouldn't of been too much weight in the plane and it might not of crashed because the bigger guy is who he flipped a coin with. atleast thats what our teacher told us was that the big guy weighed too much and caused the plane to crash. i'm not sure how credible that is though cause our teacher kinda gets the facts wrong sometimes.lol but, still for some reason i spent like all the next period thinking about that. does anyone knoe if that is really why the plane crashed? i was just curious.

I don't really know anything about it since it was before my time but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here...

Dukes without Waylon? That would be like NASCAR without tires.

haha thats a good one.lol and ya it would of been weird. i don't know much about it either cause it was wayyyyy before my time. it was even before my parents time.lol but now that i know it wasn't because that one guy weighed too much, it makes me wonder how weird it would of been if he would of been on that plane.

There are so many thoeys behind that crash, i could go into real detail about it, but that would just bore you all lol. maybe some other time, but there are some theorys that would make your spine shiver.

you wouldn't bore me. i would love to hear the real story with all the details. if you ever have time that is. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Alright here, I haven't been on here in a while and this post got my brain to working. The cogs are starting to turn....little by little.

A man weighing too much?? Causing a plane to crash?? I don't think so. Someone liked to tell fat jokes apparently.

I don't think it's possible for a human to flip a what? 2 or 3 ton machine? (Just estimating the weight there) Then again it does depend on the size of the plane....if it was one of those puddle jumpers then it might have happened. I still don't see it though. Makes me almost afraid to fly...if I stepped on a plane...it would crash...it wouldn't even be able to take off!!!

Anyways, I'm gonna go with what Jessi said, the weather. It seems to be more reasonable.

Our history teachers are alike lol. Sorta. When we studied on the corrupting political system and Boss Tweed and his ring, my teacher always made the comparison to Dukes.

And of course....my teacher and I would sit for the entire period and discuss Dukes.

Hey...it got us out of doing work didn't it?

Alright here, I haven't been on here in a while and this post got my brain to working. The cogs are starting to turn....little by little.

A man weighing too much?? Causing a plane to crash?? I don't think so. Someone liked to tell fat jokes apparently.

I don't think it's possible for a human to flip a what? 2 or 3 ton machine? (Just estimating the weight there) Then again it does depend on the size of the plane....if it was one of those puddle jumpers then it might have happened. I still don't see it though. Makes me almost afraid to fly...if I stepped on a plane...it would crash...it wouldn't even be able to take off!!!

Anyways, I'm gonna go with what Jessi said, the weather. It seems to be more reasonable.

Our history teachers are alike lol. Sorta. When we studied on the corrupting political system and Boss Tweed and his ring, my teacher always made the comparison to Dukes.

And of course....my teacher and I would sit for the entire period and discuss Dukes.

Hey...it got us out of doing work didn't it?

my history teacher told us that big bopper told people he only weighed around 250 lbs when he really weighed like 350 lbs and that made him over the recommended weight limit for the private plane bubby holly got. now, that could be true that he lied about his weight to get on the plane, but i highly doubt it was the reason for the crash. we saw a few pictures from the crash and it was snowy. so i'm going to go with the weather theory. a blizzard could of easily caused that plane to go down. and that would be cool to talk to someone about the dukes like in person instead of on here. at school, people just make fun of the south and people from there. i just ignore it cause i would love to live down in georgia or kentucky. i hate how people make fun of other people just because they are different. i also hate how racist my school is. i don't understand what the big deal is. so what, their skin color is darker than ours. how does that make them bad people or thieves? i try to ignore that too. but since we studied rock & roll, i have been listening to a lot of buddy holly stuff.lol i kinda like him a lot. he's one of my new favorites. haha

Yes it tends to make me a bit irritable when people speak ill of kentuckians or another southern state. There are alot of intelligent people from the south...alot of educated people too..with college degrees. People enjoy making fun of others to make themselves seem more superior...or at least think they are. And yeah, I'm gonna go with the whole blizzard theory. It seems more logical.

As for loving to live either here in Kentucky or in Georgia...Kentucky is a very gorgeous place alot of tobacco fields and horse farms lol I love our Horse Park...where the 2010? I think is the year the national equestrian games are going to be held.

I've also been to Georgia when my brother-in-law was in Fort Stewart...spent some time on the beach down there...Ty-bee Island...very beautiful...had the chance to go to Florida...it was only a bridge away lol literally. If you ever get the chance to come here to kentucky or to georgia..you should. You'd like it. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Yes it tends to make me a bit irritable when people speak ill of kentuckians or another southern state. There are alot of intelligent people from the south...alot of educated people too..with college degrees. People enjoy making fun of others to make themselves seem more superior...or at least think they are. And yeah, I'm gonna go with the whole blizzard theory. It seems more logical.

As for loving to live either here in Kentucky or in Georgia...Kentucky is a very gorgeous place alot of tobacco fields and horse farms lol I love our Horse Park...where the 2010? I think is the year the national equestrian games are going to be held.

I've also been to Georgia when my brother-in-law was in Fort Stewart...spent some time on the beach down there...Ty-bee Island...very beautiful...had the chance to go to Florida...it was only a bridge away lol literally. If you ever get the chance to come here to kentucky or to georgia..you should. You'd like it. :)

my cousins live near hazard, KY and i think we are going to try to get there this summer to see them. i've been to georgia when i was little, we drive through and stayed in savannah on our way to disney world. savannah was the prettiest city i had ever seen and it still is. i would love to live there or even go to college there. but i'm pretty sure i want to go to the University of Southern California. i'm not 100% sure yet, but with the career i want to pursue, it seems like the best option. i have a friend who is going there now and she says it's great and she really likes it. i want to visit her in college, but i'm not sure thats gonna work out.lol but i think the south is sooooo much prettier than the north. don't get me wrong, we have a lot of beautiful scenery here in ohio but i really like the rolling hills of the Appalachian Mountains. all we have up here are the foothills which are very pretty too.lol but, yes it sure is pretty down there. and there are smart people there too. that makes me soooooo mad when people say southerners are dumb.