tom whit pink ring

nuncia

Gosh, Kay...you certainly have a way with words sometimes....that came across kind of mean...in my opinion anyway... Bo's right...you can't always believe what you read on fan sites...

If I remember correctly, it was a gift from his dad upon graduating high school or something like that...I think someone once asked him that in an interviw...and if you look at another interview, Tom mentioned that his dad never told him (in words) that he loved him, but he knew he did....if you put that all together, along with the fact that his dad raised him and his brothers and sister, it is understandable why he wears it all the time.

along with the fact that his dad raised him and his brothers and sister, it is understandable why he wears it all the time.

I've never heard this story about Tom Wopat, could you explain why he was raised by his father (I think his mother was not there, at least that's what I understand from your words, sorry if I'm wrong). And also, does anybody have links to Tom's interviews or to sites that share some info about his life? I find every kind of info about John Schneider, but almost nothing about Tom. Thanks.

Hey Bo's Belle!

Daisy has told me this story but I forget a lot of it LOL. The gist is that Tom's mother died when he was very young, I think its about 6 years old though Daisy will probably correct me, in a car accident (again I think, I dont remember). That's why he was raised by his dad.

Daisy has the links not me, I haven't seen them but I trust Daisy :)

Ugh....I guess I better not say anything....it's not worth the battle...

EXCEPT that I believe that, since she was killed in 1959, that would make Tom, who was born in 1951, estimated about 8 years old...granted I didn't look at the months and stuff...I didn't think it was that important....I just knew off the top of my head he was older than 6...it sure is aggravating though when people are so eager to prove you wrong though...:(

Edited by DaisyMaeDuke

Thanks for the infos.

Wow, losing his mother in a car crash is an incredible sad coincidence with the past of his character in the DOH. Even if the background story of their parents was never written down, Tom Wopat must have heard of it; I wonder what he thought.

Daisy if you could provide me some links, whenever you can of course, I'd love it, I'm interested in knowing more about Tom Wopat.

I've never heard this story about Tom Wopat' date=' could you explain why he was raised by his father (I think his mother was not there, at least that's what I understand from your words, sorry if I'm wrong). And also, does anybody have links to Tom's interviews or to sites that share some info about his life? I find every kind of info about John Schneider, but almost nothing about Tom. Thanks.[/quote']

haha i know. i have found out like all there is to know about john. but not in a creepy stalker way though.lol but when i try to find stuff out about tom, i always come up empty handed.

LOL Bo's Belle, that's because John just loves to talk about himself X-D Bless his heart. John just doesn't mind what people know, he'd rather people know about him than get crazy stalkers trying to pry into every little bit of his life and starting rumours about stuff they dont know that could hurt him. He's rather smart is our John.

Meantime, Tom doesn't wanna be known like that- not many celebs do tbh. He isn't shy by any means, as Jimmie confirmed when I asked him on chat one night if Tom was a shy person, he just doesn't like crazy fans. I think even John got a bit worried at Dukesfest when a load of crazy people went up to a porta-potty he was in and knocked it over :S

No...Tom isn't shy....in a chat one night when asked what his biggest pet peeve is he replied fans that treat celebrities like they are so much...he said that they were no different than anyone else...they have their own problems too...and in fact celebrities often have more. Tom has had obsessive fans that went far beyond what they should have prying into his private life, stealing from him, stalkers, etc. I sure don't blame him.

I have NEVER heard of him speak openly about his mother's death and highly doubt that he would being as private of a person that he is... not only that, no good interviewer, in my opinion, would ever bring that up. So, I guess I'll believe you when I see it for myself, Kay. I'm not even famous and talking about my mom's death is something I wouldn't do with just anyone... I can't ever see Tom going into detail about it...