Easter Traditions

Redneck girl 01

Howdy Y'all...Happy Easter...no no no...Hoppy Easter...well anyways...I dunno rather Easter is a big celebration, or a little event or just nother day fer ya...but I was wonderin...what do y'all do fer Easter? Do you have any traditions? etc...Well it is just sort of a small event for me...more like a day to relax n make yerself sick on candy....Well...I usually go to church in the mornin...n then come home n see what the 'Easter Bunny' brought...haha...It is usuallya basket filled with candy n then a few odds n ends...This yea I got a movie...The Johnny LIghtning crap I fergot the year but anyways the 'Black Tillie' Mustang...if that makes sense...n a sign that says "you might be a redneck if you have curtains in yer truck but not yer house"...lol...n then a few stuffed critters....n then we and the rest of my family go to my grannies n have an Easter Dinner...n then when I was lil I would look fer the eggs...but since Im older now I hide em n the munchkins look for em...n then bout 4 or 5 we come home n I watch a movie n eat candy...n then go to bed...n that is my Easter...well now its y'alls turn to share!

Hey Redneck girl. After reading both your posts I just had a thought. Maybe all those folks driving by will have the curtains closed in their trucks and won't even notice the Easter egg hunt.

Seriously though, I hope your granny gets better real quick. Maybe she can get Swamp Molly and Uncle Jesse to mix her up some old fashioned tea made from Sassafras roots and Spicebush leaves.

I had the traditional Easter on Sunday.

Saturday we had a blast. We had a redneck egg hunt for a bunch of kids. We seperated the older ones from the younger ones and hid eggs in a big patch of woods for the older ones and a smaller patch for the smaller ones. After that, we rode 4-wheelers in our gravel pit.

We have a tradition in our family that my hubby and I started a few years ago...and that is every year, instead of making baskets for our kids or ourselves, we make a basket to give to someone else. This year my son made his for our pastor, my daughter made hers for her former foster-dad, my hubby made his for a Diabetic friend at his work (with sugar free candy) and I made one for my mom (who has not had an Easter basket in over 50 years given to her- she was so surprised and has thanked me a dozen times already today. This is my favorite part of Easter. It helps remind all of us about the real meaning behind Easter, that is God's gift to us.

I also got to spend time with my brother, which is a treat any day. I love Easter!!!

every year we used to all get together at the family farm but my great grandparents had to sell it and i'm not sure if it's even there anymore. but them we all would get together at their new house them my great grandpa died so we all went to my great aunts house but then she decided she didn't want to have easter anymore so for the past few years we have had it at my grandparent's house.lol ya we have moved around a lot. and we just sit around chatting and laughing. then we have an easter egg hunt if the weather permits. you just never know in ohio.lol but one thing we do every year that never fails is have fun.lol it's kinda crazy. i love when my WHOLE family gets together cause there are sooooo many of us and we don't really get together all of us that often so it's fun when we all get together. i'm sure people driving by can hear us laughing.=D and you never know whats going to happen. today, a few of my cousins almost fell through the floor in the loft in the barn while we were playing basketball. haha

and daisy mae, that is a really cool idea=]]