Map of Hazzard County

You sure have some serious computer skills. All I know how to do is e-mail and HazzardNet.

What else do you need? :wink:

I was surprised that Choctaw/Hazzard map lined up with a place in France. ROFL

This other map showing Finchburg County (hmm... LOL) I can't make out enough to do any detective work myself. But based on the national forest land designations, I think Hoss has it right and Colonial City is Redding, CA.

How's the Peugeot runnin' Lieutenant? ROFL

• 2 weeks later...

Something a bit different this time. This is the address label that Bo and Luke discover on the stolen auto parts in 'Cooter's Confession':

AutoParts.jpg

The label only appears to contain destination information and places Hazzard in Georgia, but if that's a zip code (00965) it would be Guaynabo, Puerto Rico.

Ah ... Paddy's Day, the day when most of America suddenly remember a distant Irish ancestor so they can go out drinking :).

To answer your question, it's a bank holiday here. Schools and most businesses are shut. Lots of drinking goes on, especially the black stuff. Being English I tried, unsuccessfully, to pursuade my employers to give me St. George's Day off. Alas, it's not even a holiday in England, and a lot of the English don't even know what day it is (23rd April) :(.

• 7 months later...

Hi fellow DoH lovers, i am wanting to build a scale model replica of the town of hazzard and surrounding areas, can anyone point me in the right direction where i can get all the details of the town and its buildings, i have seen almost all the dukes of hazzard episodes and i still can't get a full map, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Hi fellow DoH lovers, i am wanting to build a scale model replica of the town of hazzard and surrounding areas, can anyone point me in the right direction where i can get all the details of the town and its buildings, i have seen almost all the dukes of hazzard episodes and i still can't get a full map, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Hopefully the Hazzard Square thread I started should help you out with the town and its buildings.

I found another map while watching 'The Meeting' in season 2. The bad guys are plotting the location of the General on a map in the sheriff's office. Just like one of the previous maps that MaryAnne identified, this one had been mirrored. Flipped back the right way it looks like this:

MeetingMap1.jpg

I've added the orange boxes to highlight the readable names: Sheridan, Ballston, and ????ville. After some dead ends in New York and Virginia I found Ballston (marked with the 'A' on the map below) and Sheridan close to McMinnville about 40 miles south-west of Portland, Oregon:

MeetingMap2.jpg

Here are the 2 maps side by side:

MeetingMap3.jpg

If anyone's curious about the car they used for the General it's a '70s Matchbox model of the very rare Monteverdi Hai. The real ones were powered by a 450hp V8 Hemi, and now sell for around $1m. I'm sure Bo and Luke would have had fun driving it (if they'd welded the doors shut).

MeetingCar.jpg

Hoss You are right and this is all located in Yamhill Co., OR which is located East of Tillamook Co., OR North of Polk Co., OR S & SW of Washington Co., OR, and east of Marion Co., OR. They are all located in the NW part of the state of OR South of Portland and North od Salem Oregan. Hope that bit of info helps add to your info.

What a great idea for a project!

Hoss's Hazzard Square information stuff is awesome.

If you want to learn more about the County (and not town) go to the hobbies forum and scroll down to the map of Hazzard thread. There's a lot of information there including a list of all the episodes that had maps on them.

I realize you're more interested in a town map but I just thought I'd let you know about this anyways.

• 4 weeks later...

I found this map in 'Duke vs. Duke' from season 3. Bo is showing Daisy which route he'll use in the race on Luke's map. In the episode the map appears upside-down, so the first thing I did was rotate it. It didn't take long to realise that the map looked familiar. It looks like a copy of the same map used in 'Double Dukes', but with different hand written names (you can see that map a few posts back where I identified Redding, CA. as the real Colonial City). On the right is what looks like 'Drexel County', which is a new one to me. Other names that are readable are Shelby Road, Chalk Hill, Partridge? Farm, (unclear) Indian Caves, (unclear) Gulch and (unclear) Practice Area. Maybe someone with better eyes than me can identify some more.

Map1_0314.jpg

Here's the real map of where California meets Oregon and Nevada. You can see it for yourself on Google Maps. In the top map Bo's finger would be about halfway between the two 139s at the bottom of this map.

Map2_0314.jpg

• 1 month later...

Interesting stuff. I never was aware of things like that, or tried to find out these things, I just consumed the series. XD But heck, that was ages ago and my english was very bad back then and the german translation was... *duh* not very good.

• 2 years later...

This is a fun thread :) 'Though as far as I've ever made out, geography for the area was pretty much thrown together as plots dictated and writers made it up - certainly there are many generic but amusing road and location names that suddenly pop up as reference points in various episodes (my favourite, as I've mentioned previously in another thread, is "Waylon Corners" in s7's "Danger on the Hazzard Express"), and often contradicted in others.

Either way, trying to piece together a map of Hazzard is great fun - even if it is along the lines of the famous "Trying to work out where Springfield is" debates of 'The Simpsons' :rofl:

One thing that always seemed evident to me was the changing of the Georgia connection. The original five episodes were of course filmed in Georgia, but (whilst the remainder of the first season might be presumed to still be Georgia in context), as the seasons progressed, the actual Georgia link seemed to be blurred to just suggest that Hazzard is "somewhere in the deep South", with few if any points relating to Atlanta, and at most occasional vague references to "Capital City".

One thing that has often intrigued me, is the "Tri-Counties" status regarding Hazzard. It is referenced in a few episodes, (obviously s4's "Miss Tri-Counties" even has it in the title!) although never really delved into in any detail. On one of the DVD extras, creator Gy Waldron comments on his conceiving of the series, that "three counties (I think, from memory, unless it was States?) had gone to war, and the loser got Hazzard". This seems to be an early concept for the premise of the show that was never really played upon, although in several episodes, Bosses of adjoining counties showed interest in possessing Hazzard or parts of it (slightly going against "the loser got Hazzard" comment by Waldron). I wonder if the three Bosses seen in S5's "The Hazzardgate Tape" are part of this? (Or indeed the boss seen in "Miss Tri-Counties")

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

The reality of the show is that the names/locations are a smattering of territory outside of Covington, GA, Atlanta, Chattanooga, Cherokee Co. Georgia, Alabama, and North Carolina. Mt. Airy was equally as remote as Hazzard was portrayed in the series. There are a number of strange names similar to those used in the series, and the Indian names combined with the remoteness/closeness of the city... makes me think of the region between Chattanooga and Atlanta -- Dalton and Rome, GA. Capitol and Colonial City indeed! Other times, it appears to seem more like the region between GA and NC, more northeasterly of Atlanta, almost reaching out to South Carolina's Piedmont area.

But what do I know, I've only lived in the south for thirty three years.... :D

• 1 month later...

The reason is maybe due to the french colonization of this part of the land??

in past, french loose so many times againts england.

in blue the nouvelle France around 1750

800px-Nouvelle-France_map-fr.svg.png

this is a part of wikipedia

In 1682 La Salle was the first French explorer to venture into the southeast along the Mississippi River. His expedition did not meet with the Choctaw; it established a post along the Arkansas RiverThe post signaled to the English that the French were serious at colonization in the South.[24] The Choctaw allied with French colonists as a defense against the English, who had been taking Choctaws as captives for the Indian slave trade.

The first direct recorded contact between the Choctaw and the French was with Pierre Le Moyne d'Iberville in 1699; indirect contact had likely occurred between the Choctaw and British settlers through other tribes, including the Creek and Chickasaw. The Choctaw, along with other tribes, had formed a relationship with New France, French Louisiana.[25] Illegal fur trading may have led to further unofficial contact.[citation needed]

As the historian Greg O'Brien has noted, the Choctaw developed three distinct political and geographic regions, which during the colonial period sometimes had differing alliances with trading partners among the French, Spanish and English. They also expressed differences during and after the American Revolutionary War. Their divisions were roughly eastern, western (near present-day Vicksburg, Mississippi) and southern (Six Towns). Each division was headed by a principal chief, and subordinate chiefs led each of the towns within the area. All the chiefs would meet on a National Council, but the society was highly decentralized for some time.[26]

The French were the main trading partners of the Choctaw before the Seven Years' War, and the British had established some trading. After Great Britain defeated France, it ceded its territory east of the Mississippi River. From 1763 to 1781, Britain was the Choctaw main trading partner. With Spanish forces based in New Orleans in 1766, when they took over French territory west of the Mississippi, the Choctaw sometimes traded with them to the west. Spain declared war against Great Britain during the American Revolution in 1779.