DOH - Return Of The General Lee

Capt_Redneck

yeah the game had so much potential, but failed miserably. I think if Rockstar Games took a stab at it, the game would come out a classic. But oh well.

The town did look kinda like the season 1 town in Covington, but that doesn't say much, cuz there wasn't much of a town. I prefer the season 2-7 town square cuz there's a lot more space, hidden alleys, and places to escape. This town had i think 2-3 ways out and that's it. One way ya come in, the other way ya go out, and i think there was a road by the impound lot wasn't there? I can't remember. But someone should really do a game and study the town in the dukes, and make it more accurate. They did a good job with the layout of the town and roads, but there was nothing to do even in free roam.

Cruising alone isn't fun. Ya need something else to do besides drive to make a game fun. Grand Theft Auto is probably the best games on the planet, and other games should really take notice of it, and incorporate some of those features into games to make them better.

I think if you could grab a dirtbike out of the duke barn, and go cruising cross country that would be one great feature, and another would be having missions up at your numerous still sites. Maybe you have to blow them up before Rosco or Boss get to them, or something. Blow em up with dynamite arrows.

That last bit sounds more like movie continuity than the show, and that's a big hell no.

I've always lobbied for a GTA-style Dukes game; character missions as well as in the car. Also you can take other cars around Hazzard as they frequently borrowed them. Some fights at the Boar's Nest, knocking out bad guys after the General pulls them over, bow and arrow missions... I'd even like it if they script a season or two into the game story. Given the size of the recent GTA games the game map shouldn't be much problem, as there are very few buildings to consider and just a ton of roads, short cuts, gullies and trees. I mean, what, make 3 tree sprites for variation then re-stamp them over and over? Simple.

yeah that's exactly the kind of stuff I meant. Whoever did this game I find did a pretty bad job cuz the car is all over the place, and the missions are real stinkers. Aren't missions supposed to be fun? I'm stuck on that one with Jesse following some moonshiner, and if he gets off the screen for even 1 second he's gone! like how realistic is that?

but oh well. At least the original PS1 game, didn't it have real storylines from the show? I'm pretty sure it did, but it wasn't much better than this game but if I remember correct I think it was a tad better.

you wonder if there'll be another dukes game? or gta game?

GTA game yeah, it's coming out in october on ps3 called Grand Theft Auto IV, but as for another Dukes game, I have no idea. I would personally love for them to put a lot more effort into it if they do, cuz it's a shame that such a great show can't come out with a great game too. Like I thought the game for Scarface would suck, and it turned out pretty good. I heard there's supposed to be a miami vice game out or coming out, and not sure of what to think of that, so I can't really comment on it. I seen screens of it, and it looks cheesy.

Dukes however I had a feeling about right away that the game was gonna suck. The moment I seen it for rent in a video store I got excited, then a few weeks later I seen it in a department store for like 30 bucks, and was a new release? that says something right there!

• 2 years later...

I admit it's fairly ok, but they copuld have done so much better with the whole thing. The story coulda been a new one not a few episodes mashed together. Some of the missions were difficult, such as rescuing daisy and other parts. They could have made it more two player friendly like having both players chase eachother around hazzard either as The Dukes or Rosco instead of random police cars being in random places and only chasing after slamming into them a few times. They could have also made missions to get the police car into a lake or pond but they didn't put any water into the game, what do ya want for a game made in Austrailia ? I give it a 3 out of 10 as far as story and playability. There's more to say but it's probably things y'all have thought of already.

• 2 weeks later...
They gotta do a Dukes game Grand Theft Auto style and let you act out all the seasons. That would be cool.

So, is this game worth buying or is it as bad as the other ones?

I agree with this. A new DOH game should be GTA style but my opinion it should have 147 missions(1 for each original episode) ie:mission 1 should be episode one, One Armed Bandits;mission 2,Daisy's song and so forth.

• 1 year later...
I can defantly picture a resident evil game with the Dukes. They could call it Resident Evil: Hazzard County.

Not gonna lie, I would play the HECK out of a game where you had to fight your way through a zombie-infested Hazzard armed with nothing but a pocketknife and a compound bow. Then as you rack up zombie kills and find dropped fur coats and Egyptian crocks, you can upgrade to bigger knives and more explosive arrows by visiting Rhuebottom's. "Welllcommme!"

• 10 months later...

This thread has been long dormant, but I just picked up this game. (yeah, it's been out since 2004 and NOW I've got a used PS2 and a used copy of "Return of the General Lee". Had to wait till it got cheap. )

Anyway, it's well worth it just for all the cast voices and the sight of the General Lee ripping around all the crazy scenes. But I've found it to be frustrating as all heck at some points, and a lot harder to play than I expected. The General Lee handles like a boat that's half-full of water. It does one thing and one thing well: crash!

I cannot get through the part where Bo and Luke are trying to drive back from the coal mine with the load of dynamite. If I manage not to smack into anything, I run out of time before completing the course. If I drive fast enough to make good time, I kill off the Dukes when flying over the railroad tracks or hitting too many rocks when taking that route through the woods. (It's more like a field of boulders.)

I've searched online for tips and pointers, but alarmingly, ( or not) the most commentary about this game seems to be right here at HazzardNet. My old gamer instinct says there has to be a pattern in how you drive around those rocks to be able to get through it at speed without blowing up. But I can't figure it out. Does anybody have hints to share?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I agree with this. A new DOH game should be GTA style but my opinion it should have 147 missions(1 for each original episode) ie:mission 1 should be episode one, One Armed Bandits;mission 2,Daisy's song and so forth.

Sorry to drag up an old thread,but THIS would be awesome,considering the vast size of GTA IV and San andreas,it's not IMPOSSIBLE,Duke fans,Let's get on a developer's case for this!

• 8 years later...
On 7/3/2005 at 1:59 PM, Canadian_Country_Cousin said:

YEEEE-HAW! The return of general Lee rocks!

I love it, it feels like your sitting in the general right alongside Bo and Luke!

I'm stuck though. I think I'm at 88% but I have beaten the game, won the race saved the orphanage, does anyone know how to get to the High road Track Jump?

Turn off the paved highway onto the dirt road at the right. Turn where there's a barricade. Crash thru the fence and go straight ahead, banking a slight angle to the left and hit the dirt ramp and fly back down onto that paved highway.