DOH - Return Of The General Lee

Capt_Redneck

Just got the game for PS2 , actually got the PS2 for the family and my wife got the game for the family..

What a game. It makes you really feel like you are in Hazzard County. I just love it..Ratbag did an awesome job on making this game....

I will let ya'll know how I am doing in the game and try to get some suggestions and tips from everyone...

Darrell

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I liked the game, I bought it just because it was the dukes. The only primblems with the game were that there was not a drop of water in the whole game and there chould have been more classic locations and jumps. Also, it would have been better to have more replay value to it, but never-the-less a great addition to the collection of dukes games out there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Considering the other DoH games out there this is sadly the best one yet. Personally I think the DoH could of had a better story (seeing as tho it had the over done "Save the Orphanes" story") and could of had a better replay value. Ima big gamer and I like the idea of being able to roam Hazzard but it get very repiditive....The cop AI sucks condsidering you "lose them" as soon as you get into a chase. (I might just be that good lol jk) but really all in all they could of done better it is a below par comapared to the big games out there. All though the raceing AI was very good and I found the final race a challenge. IMO its a gimped out GTA (Grand Theft Auto). I did enjoy the game tho but still it leaves me wanting more. :(

Considering the other DoH games out there this is sadly the best one yet. Personally I think the DoH could of had a better story (seeing as tho it had the over done "Save the Orphanes" story") and could of had a better replay value. Ima big gamer and I like the idea of being able to roam Hazzard but it get very repiditive....The cop AI sucks condsidering you "lose them" as soon as you get into a chase. (I might just be that good lol jk) but really all in all they could of done better it is a below par comapared to the big games out there. All though the raceing AI was very good and I found the final race a challenge. IMO its a gimped out GTA (Grand Theft Auto). I did enjoy the game tho but still it leaves me wanting more. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

now hey Yall I just emailed ratbag and told them that they should make another one but with huge changes now I totally enjoyed being able to roam around as uncle Jesse but thats all that there is to that I told them make that a big change also I would love to be able to control the movement of bo an luke like being able to hood slide and diving through the windows of the General Lee also make a lot more jumps now alot of the jumps were good but could be tweeked also put Hughie Hogg in there as well or make a part of the story around him and also put cletus and cooter in it more and also to get a more realistic sounding horn the one sounded crappy but it still was Dixie not make it play so fast now hopin with all that said that they will make another one with those changes to it

Will cb yall when I get a response to it

Keep it tween the ditches yall BO

My Dukes of Hazzard: Return of the General Lee Review

GOOD: Being able to YEEHAW!; Free Roam; The DIxie Horn was quite good, I must admit. Play it and if you listen close enough you hear a bit of a police siren after it. They took it from the show; Multiplayer: Hot Pursuit, Demolition Derby, and Head2Head; the fact they got very good voice impersonaters, for Boss Hogg and Jesse; All of the alive actors played their parts; the Gneral does'nt dent and crash when you land.

BAD: Roads way too wide; C**p police AI; very few jumps; Denver Pyle and Sorrell Booke couldn't be alive to do thier voices; WHERE THE H**L IS CHICKASAW?!; Vehicles WAY too slidey; you can't drive on two wheels; Ratbag should have looked at the series first. Downtown in this game was very inaccurate, while in the series it was three or four "Squares". And the Hazzard County Building had a long path going up it.

IMPROVEMENTS: A realistic physics engine, like the one in FlatOut; more accurate roads; Boss Hogg less "Tanned"; two Story Modes: The original series, and the 2005 Film. That's all. :oops:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I agree that the game leaves you wanting more. To me replay value is everything. and a game shouldn't just be about BEATING IT. If there were side missions in this game it would add greatly to the REPLAY VALUE.

I'll weigh the pros and cons that I liked and disliked about the game for anyone interested, and if you agree or disagree feel free to let me know.

I just gotta warn ya, there'll probably be more cons than pros.

PROS:

-Free Roam mode was cool

-Doing Jumps was cool too

-Pretty good graphics

-I liked the fact that the missions are kinda like GTA, where you go to a certain location to do them.

CONS:

-No speed traps that I saw

-Hazzard Square was nothing like it was in the show, it was about 10% of the size. I would have liked it to be exactly the same as the show, with alleys and everything. The map seemed really inaccurate, and I didn't see too many shortcuts, which should have been a must in the game. You should be able to cut across fields, hide in bushed with the cars, etc. But the map was decent.

-The car handled like crap, I know in the show you always see them sliding, but it was intentional because THEY wanted to do it. You shouldn't try to drive and the car automatically slides on you.

-The missions weren't fun, they were kinda boring.

-Not enough things to do

-you can't get out of the car

That's all I can think of at the moment. Another thing that would improve this game though is townspeople, wouldn't it?

Since it is a small town, don't you think that in certain missions you should be able to walk around town and talk to people to hopefully get some clues or info about where the bad guys are, or went? I think that would rule!

Pros: It's a Duke's Game!

Driving the General Lee!

Actor Voice overs

Cons: It would have been cool to have people dive out of the way in town when you come screaming through.

I would have liked to see a dashboard view of the cars you drive.

It would have been cool to be able to drive any car you want after you beat the game, in free roam.

Actually, the town DID look like it did in the show...the first 5 episodes. It was a pretty good recreation of the town square in Covington. When I saw the courthouse I was like OH SNAP! Yeah, it was a bit small, but what can ya do.

The driving was also a pain in the ass. It's bad when Cooter's Truck is the best car in the game.

Here's another con: in two player mode the cars' power and handling are seriously downgraded, so it feels like you're driving through sludge.