A few minutes later, Vicki started working on the APB that she was going to send to the state police, and Bo's statement about the events that happened in the last 24 hours.

"Bo, did you tell me everything that happened?" asked Vicki as she was looking at the report in the typewriter.

"I think so, sugar," said Bo as he watched the redhead type the report.

"Let's see...when you were abducted yesterday, did you get a good look at Jasper Johnson?" asked Vicki.

"Yeah, sugar. It was him. When I woke up in his car yesterday, I recognized him when I tried to attacked him, but he attacked me first," said Bo trembling slightly.

"After what you told me, and everything that happened yesterday, I'm pretty sure now that Jasper Johnson was the one behind the attacks yesterday," concluded Vicki, taking the report out of her typewriter. Then she headed towards the tele-type machine.

"What are we going to do about it? He might try to attack me again or worse!" said Bo fearfully as he followed Vicki.

"Don't worry, sugar. I'm going to do my best to keep you safe & out of danger," said Vicki, holding Bo in her arms. "You just have to trust me."

Bo kissed her tenderly on the lips. "I know that you will, sweet angel."

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Vicki was sending the report to the state police, Daisy & Katie walked into Rosco's office. Daisy knocked on Rosco's door, and then Rosco opened the door and smiled at Daisy and his part-time deputy Katie.

"Hi, Daisy. What can I do for you this morning?" asked Rosco, grinning at Daisy.

"Nothing much, Rosco. Katie was wanting to take a look at the schedule of when she works again for you," said Daisy, smiling at Rosco.

Rosco saw Katie standing beside Daisy, and he grinned at her.

"Rosco, I wanted to look at the schedule of when I'm working again," said Katie, smiling at Rosco.

"Let's see..." said Rosco, looking over the schedule then added, "How come you want to see the schedule?"

"Because Vicki wanted to trade days off so she can go out with Bo tomorrow," said Katie, smiling at Rosco.

"That figures. She is always going out with him," mumbled Rosco.

"Is there something wrong with that Sheriff?" asked Vicki as she poked her red head into his office.

**AUTHOR NOTE: Due to me returning to college (I can eventually become a medical transcriptionist when I graduate in December), I won't be on as much as I would like to be on. So here's a small post. It's not much, but it helps the storyline a little! Take Care!** :wink:

Rosco laughed. "Khee! Vicki, you're always going out with Bo. You two have been inseparateable for the last 3 months!"

"Unless something happens to him with that killer on the loose," said Vicki worriedly as she walks back into Rosco's office then added, "I just sent an APB to the state police."

"Why would that killer try to do anything?" asked Rosco rolling his eyes :roll: then added, "There isn't anything in this county that he would need right now, unless he wants the mosquitoes." Rosco walked out of his office with Vicki, Katie, and Daisy right behind him.

Before Vicki could answer, Bo got into the conversation. "Rosco, you're not going to do anything about me getting nearly killed by that killer yesterday? I was attacked out in my barn, and left for dead."

"Judist Priest on a Pony! Vicki, you're not shuck-n-jiving me again are you? This is serious," exclaimed Rosco.

"Rosco! That Jasper Johnson is the one stalking the Duke family. I was there yesterday at the farm when he even tried to take a shot at me!" said Vicki, trembling with fear.

Bo sat down in a chair next to Vicki and just held her. "Sh...Sweet Angel. It will be okay."

"Rosco, this is the reason why we came here to talk to you. About going after this killer," said Bo, as he continued to held Vicki, trying to calm her down.

"Well, I'm sure that y'all did something to him in the past to get attacked," said Rosco to Bo, trying to shoo him away from Vicki.

"Rosco, you're not getting this right. If it wasn't for me being out at the farm yesterday, we would have been going to Bo's funeral right now!" said Vicki angrily as she put her hands on her hips and gave him a dirty look then added, "There were explosives all over the farm yesterday. If it wasn't for us getting rid of them before the timer went off, no telling what would have happened to us!"

Luke just shook his head, just looking at Rosco. He didn't know if Rosco believed them or not.

"Ooooh this is serious," said Rosco, not believing what Vicki or Bo was saying then added to the redhead, "He did tried to kill y'all!"

"That is what I've been trying to tell you, Rosco," said Vicki as she followed Bo, Luke, and Daisy towards the front door.

"Well...as much as I would like to help y'all, I can't right now unless something else happens. Why don't y'all get out of here for a while," said Rosco as he was shooing Bo, Luke, and Daisy outside the booking office.

Bo gave Rosco a dirty look as he walked out of the Courthouse. "Thanks anyway, Sheriff. See ya around."

"Vicki, wait a minute before you leave. I want to talk to you," said Rosco, placing a hand on the redhead's arm.

"Okay. Let me go tell Bo to wait on me outside," said Vicki as she walked out of the Courthouse.

"Hey, Bo!" yelled Vicki as she watched Bo sliding into the General Lee.

"What, sugar?" asked Bo, grinning at Vicki as she caught up with him.

"How about if I meet you at Cooter's in about 15 minutes. Rosco wants to talk to me for a minute," said Vicki sweetly to Bo.

Bo rolled his eyes. "What is it about this time? Is he wanting to arrest us for false information?"

"Bo..." said Luke, poking Bo on his sore arm.

"Quit, Luke! That hurts! OUCH!" yelped Bo, rubbing his sore arm.

"I don't know, sugar. But I'll meet you, okay?" asked Vicki, leaning into the General, giving Bo a kiss on the cheek.

"Okay, sweetheart. I'll be waiting," said Bo, sighing loudly as he watched the petite redhead walk back inside the Courthouse.

About 5 minutes later, Vicki walked back into the booking office.

Watching Vicki come back into the booking office, Rosco walks out of his office.

"Did you want to talk to me, Rosco?" asked Vicki.

"Yeah, I didn't want to say any of this in front of Bo & Luke about this matter," said Rosco appologetically.

"That's all right," said Vicki as she smiled at her god-father then added, "Is there something wrong?"

"No, not really. I know that you & Bo weren't shuck-n-jiving me this time. I do faintly remember what that killer told you a few months back," said Rosco.

"So, you know that this mess is for real," said Vicki, sighing a long breath.

"Yeah, Vicki. I know that you would never lie to me. You're as honest as Enos, but almost as pretty as Daisy, even though I still don't like it that you're dating Bo right now," said Rosco, grinning at Vicki.

Vicki's face starts to blush. "That make me feel better, Rosco. So do you want me to still go out on patrol for you?"

"Yeah, you can. Plus for the next several hours, I want you to keep a close eye on the Dukes, especially with that Jasper Johnson on the loose here in Hazzard," said Rosco.

**Vicki doesn't carry a gun belt, so she puts her small gun along with a few other essentials into her purse.**

"Sheriff, I'll make sure that Jasper Johnson doesn't get within 50 feet of the Dukes," said Vicki, smiling at Rosco as she walks down the Courthouse steps.

"I know that you'll do your job right, little lady. See ya later!" said Rosco, waving at the redhead as she got into her patrol car.

• 3 weeks later...

Noticing that Bo & Luke weren't at Cooter's, Vicki decided to head towards one of her favorite speed traps. It was a speedtrap that Rosco was normally at, but since Rosco was back at the Courthouse, Vicki decided to head there herself.

*This should be a lot of fun...* thought the redhead with a laugh as she turned onto Clear Creek Drive then added, *I haven't done anything like this in quite a while.*

As Vicki had pulled her patrol car up between some large trees, waiting for Bo & Luke or any speeders that might come along, Luke had pulled into the Boar's Nest parking lot.

"Thanks for the ride, cousin," said Daisy as she slid out of the back seat of the General Lee.

"You're welcome, Daisy," said Luke as he watched Daisy walk towards the front door of the Boar's Nest.

"I wish though that Rosco would help us find that stalker," said Daisy worriedly sighing a deep breath as she unlocked the front door to the bar.

"Yeah, me too. I can't believe that he wouldn't do anything to help us, but at least that Vicki, Enos, and Katie are on our side. I'm sure that they started looking for that stalker right now," said Bo as he followed Luke & Daisy inside the bar.

"I hope so, Bo," said Daisy, sighing loudly as she unlocked the door to Boss's office then added noticing that the safe was opened, "Oh...my...gosh! Boss's safe has been cleaned out!"

• 2 weeks later...

BALLADEER: What?? Jasper Johnson has cleaned out Boss's safe?? That doesn't sound too good to me, does it to y'all?? Here's a summary of events that happened in Hazzard County in the last 24 hours... :wink:

1) Vicki returns home from vacation to find out that a stalker (Jasper Johnson) is terrorizing the Duke family.

2) Luke is nearly killed by a stray arrow.

3) Luke is nearly shot by some stray bullets fired by Jasper Johnson.

4) Bo is assaulted then kidnapped by Jasper Johnson, who drags him away from the barn.

5) After stashing an unconscious Bo in the backseat of his car, Jasper sabotages the General Lee.

6) Vicki finds a threatening note on the windshield of her blue mustang.

7) Luke is nearly run over by a black sedan, driven by Jasper, not knowing that Bo was unconscious in the back seat.

8) Daisy gets some threatening phone messages by Jasper.

9) Bo wakes up in the back of the barn, tied to a bomb-box.

10) Vicki begins to search the barn for Bo.

11) Jasper locks Vicki, Daisy, and Luke inside the barn with Bo, then starts planting dynamite bombs inside the General Lee.

12) Vicki barely rescues Bo in time, then picks the right wires out on the bomb box.

13) Bo, Luke, Daisy, & Vicki makes it out of the barn just as an explosion occurs.

14) Jasper slingshots a huge rock towards Vicki as she was walking inside the farmhouse with Bo.

15) Jasper tries to attack Bo & Daisy again after Vicki leaves by throwing a huge rock through the open kitchen window.

16) During the night, Vicki has nightmares about everything that happened earlier at the farm.

17) Vicki arrives at the Courthouse the next morning, telling Rosco & Enos everything that happened yesterday at the farm.

18) While Boss Hogg is away from the Boar's Nest, Jasper cleans out his safe.

BALLADEER: I wonder what is going to happened next in Hazzard?? No telling with that lunatic stalker on the loose! ... :wink:

"What do you mean that Boss's safe is cleaned out?" asked Luke as he & Bo walked over to where Daisy was standing by Boss's opened safe.

"It was opened when I walked in here. I think that someone stole all of Boss's money out of the safe," said Daisy as she peeked her head inside the safe.

"Yeah, you know that we'll get the blame for this too," grumbled Bo sarcastically then added, "I know that Boss & Rosco thinks that we're always doing something to them."

"Bo! Quit it!" said Luke as he elbowed Bo in the ribs.

"Luke, you didn't have to do that," said Bo painfully as he rubbed the spot where Luke elbowed him then added, "I just know that we'll get the blame for this, and Rosco will not do a thing to help us either."

"We will not get the blame for this, Bo. Even if Rosco doesn't help us who really did steal all that money, I know that Enos and your girlfriend will help us find the crook," said Luke as he puts his arm around Bo's shoulder.

"Luke, Vicki is not my girlfriend. We're just best friends," said Bo as he takes a peek out the back door watching for Boss or Rosco.

"Yeah, why did it take you nearly 2 hours last night taking Vicki home when she lives right next door?" laughed Luke as he was searching the safe for a clue to the culprit.

Bo rolled his eyes at Luke.

"Bo, that is not what I saw yesterday afternoon. I know that you two have very strong feelings for each other. I can see it in your eyes that you want to be with Vicki right now," said Daisy, putting her arm around Bo's shoulder. "Sometimes, deep down, I want to be with Enos right now too. But he's been to busy lately."

"Yeah, Daisy, I do want to be with her right now. Sometimes I feel like holding her in my arms and never letting go again," said Bo as he continued to watched out the back door for Rosco's patrol car, thinking about Vicki.

"Hey, y'all. I found a clue by the safe. I think that I know who might have stolen the money," said Luke a few minutes later.

"Who, Luke?" asked Bo.

"Yeah, who?" asked Daisy as she came back inside Boss's office.

"It was Jasper who did it," said Luke as he showed Bo a match that he found on the ground near the safe.

"I figured that it was him, Luke. He must have came in here last night after he attacked us at the farm," said Bo as Luke gave him the match.

"Y'all, maybe Boss came by here earlier this morning and took all the money out of the safe," said Daisy.

"That could be it too, but I think that it was Jasper who did it," said Luke as Daisy gave him back the matchbook.

"And now I bet that he is going to try to frame it on us so that Rosco could arrest us for stealing Boss's money," said Bo sarcastically as he continued to look outside for Rosco's patrol car.

Just then, a black sedan comes driving into the parking lot.

Looking into the back door, Jasper notices that Bo, Luke, and Daisy are looking inside the safe. *Now I have another crack at them, and another chance to get even too* he thought as he takes a mean looking black revolver out of the glove compartment.

"Just open that back door a little more, blondie. I'm going to get another chance to get even for good with you!" said Jasper laughing meanly :x as he fires a shot towards Bo, Luke, and Daisy... BANG! BANG!

Meanwhile, back in Hazzard...

After walking back inside the Courthouse from taking to Bo, Vicki walked inside the filing room to get that wanted poster of Jasper Johnson. She was thinking about sending it to Sheriff Little since he knows a little bit about this villian.

After making copies of the wanted poster, Vicki walked out of the file room and picked up her keys to her patrol car off the table.

Thinking about the wanted poster and what this killer did to her & the Duke family, Vicki sighed loudly.

"Vicki, are you all right?" asked Enos as he was taking a mop into the holding cell.

"Just fine, Enos. I just don't like this killer running around Hazzard. I just know that something bad is going to happen," said Vicki, sighing loudly.

"Where are you heading with that wanted poster?" asked Enos, who continued to mop the holding cell.

"I'm going to run to Chickasaw County and let Sheriff Little take a look at it. After all, he helped us arrest Jasper Johnson a couple of months ago," said Vicki.

"Do you think that he'll help us find that killer before he strikes again?" asked Enos.

"I sure hope so, Enos. I have a bad feeling that something bad is going to happen, but I'm not sure what yet," said Vicki worriedly as she waved at Enos as she was leaving the Courthouse.

*Little did Vicki know that what she said would be exactly right...*

*AUTHOR NOTE: Parts of this story had to be re-written recently due to several typo & grammer errors. Sorry for any delays. Take Care!* :wink:

Meanwhile, back at the Boar's Nest, Jasper was firing shots towards the back door, as Bo, Luke, and Daisy were taking cover behind the door.

BANG! BANG!

"Bo! Look out!" said Luke fearfully as he pushes Bo out of the way.

Bo looked up and saw that Jasper was taking shots at him as he was walking towards the open back door.

"Oh...Lord. I knew that he couldn't be too far away from us," said Bo as he jumps out of the way of the stray shots.

BANG!

Angrily, Jasper jerked back his index finger and fired again, but his aim was off, and the bullet spat into the wall where Bo was kneeling close too earlier. Forgetting his calculated scheme of torture & revenge, he pulled the trigger once more. BANG!

"Oh...my...gosh!" exclaimed Daisy in fright, cowering near the back door towards the bar.

"Daisy! Go out to the bar quickly and get anyone on the CB. We need help now!" yelled Luke as he & Bo were cowering behind the pool table as Jasper walked inside the back door.

"I'm on my way, Luke," said Daisy as she rushes out the door towards the bar without Jasper noticing her.

As Jasper shuts the door, he fires yet another shot towards the cousins. *BANG*!

The bullet struck the floor without inflicting any damage to either Bo or Luke, who were walking towards the back door to the bar.

"Not so fast, farmboys. I've got you covered. There is no escape," said Jasper as he walked over to Bo & Luke, with his shotgun aimed directly at them. He then snickered :p as he pushes them into the door, "We're going to have a talk out in the bar for a while."

Bo & Luke looked at each other, then raised their arms in surrender as they were poked in the back with a muzzle of a shotgun...

AUTHOR NOTE: In case y'all didn't know, in these early stories, Little Red is Vicki's CB handle. Take Care! :wink:

Outside in the General Lee, Daisy was frantically trying to get some help as she was finding someone to talk too over the CB.

After not getting either Rosco or Enos on the CB, Daisy switch to another emergency channel.

"Bo Peep calling Little Red, are you there? Come back!" said Daisy fearfully into the CB mike, hoping that Vicki would answer her.

*I knew that there was something wrong* thought Vicki as she pulls her patrol car off to the side of the road then added back into the CB mike, "Hi, Bo Peep. This is Little Red, come back!"

"Thank goodness that you answered, Little Red!" exclaimed Daisy fearfully then added, "That crazy killer is here and inside Boss's office right now with Bo & Luke!"

Just then, a shot could be heard in the background... BANG!

"What!" exclaimed the redhead into her CB mike in shock as she heard a gunshot in the background then added, "This can't be happening again. Did I just heard a gunshot?"

"Yeah, honey, you did hear a gunshot. Can you get here and stop that killer from hurting Bo & Luke?" asked Daisy fearfully into her CB mike.

"You know that I will, Daisy. I'm on my way," said Vicki worriedly into the CB mike as she turns her patrol car around in the middle of the road as she heads towards the Boar's Nest.

Vicki couldn't believe that her nightmare was turning out to be real...

After getting off the CB with Daisy, Vicki switched to the emergency police channel. Before calling Rosco on the CB, Vicki took a deep breath that she didn't know she had, she was thinking about everything that has happened.

It was her nightmare coming alive again. Never in her life had Vicki felt so torn in two. Bo & Luke were in dire danger, and she really can't do anything about it right now either. She didn't want to risk her life too if she were to try to attack Jasper without Rosco or Enos backing her up.

But seeing Bo in the clutches of that crook, hurt Vicki's emotions terribly. Oh, God, it hurt so badly to think of never seeing him alive in her arms again!

She didn't know how much Bo cared for her right now-even the weight of the gold locket that he gave her for her 18th birthday that she wore everyday didn't assure her that he saw her as someone that was special to him.

Looking at the gold locket around her neck, Vicki sighed loudly as she turn her patrol car onto Highway 36 towards the Boar's Nest.

Something inside her squeezed tight with dread, so tight she didn't know if she could bear it when she got to the Boar's Nest and found Bo lying dead in the parking lot.

*There is no way that I'm going to let you get the best of me, Jasper Johnson!* thought Vicki angrily, pushing her foot to the floor then added, *We're going to settle this once and foreall, especially for taking my 2 best friends hostage!*

AUTHOR NOTE: After reading & getting a few ideas from a few mystery novels in the last few days, (I'm an avid reader of romance & suspence), I'm now writing through the character's point of view of how they see things. Take Care! :wink:

*I'd better try to get a hold of Rosco & Enos, and tell them what is going on,* thought Vicki as she picked up her CB mike in the patrol car as she switched to the emergency police channel. "Rosco or Enos, this is Little Red. Do y'all have your ears on? Come back," said Vicki worriedly into the CB mike.

Inside Boss Hogg's house, Rosco picks up the CB mike.

"Little Red, this is Rosco. What's up? You normally don't call me on this channel unless it is an dire emergency," said Rosco back into the CB.

He was wondering why his god-daughter would be calling him on this channel. *Something has to be wrong for Vicki to call me on this channel...* thought Rosco worriedly.

"I know that I normally don't call you on this channel, Rosco. But for once, this WAS an emergency," said Vicki as her voice was trembling.

"Yeah, most of the time you usually call in after arresting Bo & Luke illegally," laughed Rosco.

When Vicki didn't laugh with him, Rosco knew that there was something wrong.

He then asked Vicki in a worried tone, "What's wrong, honey? What is the emergency for you to be using the emergency channel?"

Fearfully, Vicki blurted out, "That convict Jasper Johnson is at the Boar's Nest right now holding Bo & Luke hostage!"

"Possum on a Gumbush! Are you sure, Vicki?" asked Enos as he picked up the CB mike in his patrol car.

"I'm positive. Daisy called me about 5 minutes ago outside the Boar's Nest from the General Lee, and told me that Jasper Johnson was holding Bo & Luke hostage!" said Vicki fearfully. "She also said that Jasper Johnson burst in the back door to Boss's Office, and started taking shots at Bo & Luke. I was hearing shots when I was talking to her!"

"Vicki, calm down. We're on our way out there right now to help you with that killer!" said Rosco back into the CB mike.

"I hope so, Sheriff. I don't think that I can handle that crook right now by myself!" said Vicki uneasily back into the CB mike.

"Vicki, I need you to put an APB out on that crook!" said Boss Hogg as he took the CB mike away from Rosco then added, "I think that he probably cleaned out my safe too. There was nearly $ 10,000 dollars in my safe!"

"And for attempted murder & kidnapping too!" said Vicki back into the CB mike.

"Judist Priest on a Pony..." muttered Rosco then added as he took the CB mike away from Boss Hogg, "Vicki, where are you at right now? Are you close to the Boar's Nest?"

"Yeah, I just pulled up outside the Boar's Nest," said Vicki worriedly.

"Honey, no matter how mad you are right now, don't go in there until we get there. That crook is too dangerous right now. He's liable to shoot you too," said Rosco back into the CB mike.

"Don't worry, Sheriff. I won't go in there. Just get here as soon as you can," said Vicki sighing loudly as she hangs up her CB mike.

Vicki knew that help was on the way...

*AUTHOR NOTE: Parts of this post & the next one could be rated PG+ for minor violence. Take Care!* :o

Meanwhile...

"What do you want with us?" asked Luke as he & Bo were being roughly pushed outside into the bar by Jasper.

"We're going to talk for a while," said Jasper. To reinforce his point, he leveled the muzzle of the shotgun directly at Bo & Luke.

"About what? Was it because of me & my girlfriend arresting you a couple of months back?" asked Bo sarcastically as he continued to hold his hands up.

Without warning, Jasper backhands Bo across the face hard, causing Bo's face to start swelling. "Leave him alone!" yelled Luke. "Come & make me, plowboy!" said Jasper threatenly.

Turning back to Bo, Jasper added, "Just shut up about it. I'm going to get even with y'all for sending me to jail a couple of months ago! And this time I'm not going to leave any witnesses!" said Jasper meanly as he cocked the shotgun, aiming it directly at Bo's chest then added as he pushed Bo into a nearby chair, "Have a seat. We're going to be a while."

Luke continued to stare at Jasper, and was tempted to take him now. He also thought that it was pointless though, especially with a gun aimed directly at his cousin's chest.

Bo looked around the bar. He noticed that Daisy wasn't nowhere in sight, meaning that she was outside on the CB, trying to get ahold of Vicki, Rosco, and Enos to have them come out here. That made him feel better about the situation that they're in.

He also knew that he had to bid his time enough for him & Luke to live without Jasper murdering them.

"You're not going to kill us here, are you?" Bo asked fearfully to Jasper as he was rubbing his aching jaw.

"No, of course not! I'm not going to let the Sheriff find your body here. We're just going to have a talk here right now, about how y'all are going to make me rich. Then I'll take y'all somewhere else & dispose you."

Luke added sarcastically, "Yeah, well conversations at gunpoint aren't my style."

"Awww...that's too bad, boys. We're going to talk about me getting revenge on y'all, and how I'm going to throw your battered bodies in a ditch somewhere! Have a seat in that chair, so we can start talking," said Jasper as he pushes Luke into a chair, then backhands Bo again in the face. *SMACK!*

"Ouch!" Bo said, rubbing his bruised jaw.

"Leave him alone!" yelled Luke as he advanced Jasper.

"Come & make me, plowboy!" said Jasper as he leveled his shotgun at Bo's neck then added, "One more move, and your cousin's head will be shot off!"

Luke had no choice but to back away as Jasper pushed him into a chair.

"Just to make sure that y'all won't try to escape from me..." said Jasper harshly. With a gun trained on them, Jasper roughly forced Bo's & Luke's arms behind their backs, tying their wrists tightly to the back of the chair with some duct tape that he found.

The hairs on the back of Bo's neck prickled as he realized that he had just put himself, Luke's, and probably Vicki's lives now in jeopardy...

In less than 5 minutes, with her furious fiery temper, Vicki had pulled her patrol car up near the back door to Boss's office.

Taking her service revolver out of the glove compartment, she quietly heads towards the back door. Normally, she doesn't carry a gun, but this was an emergency. She knew that she had to take out Jasper Johnson without hurting Bo or Luke in the crossfire.

Just as she opens the back door, Daisy stops her.

"Vicki! Wait! Don't go in there!" exclaimed Daisy as she caught up with the redhead.

"Daisy! I have to go in there!" said Vicki uneasily then added, "Bo & Luke are in there with that killer. I have to go save them!"

"But we need to wait for Rosco & Enos to show up. We're going to need back-up if we're going to capture that killer," said Daisy, placing a hand on Vicki's trembling arm.

Daisy saw the fear & stress in the redhead's eyes. She also saw a slight twinkle in her eyes too. Daisy could see in Vicki's eyes how much the redhead really loved her cousin Bo, and how she wanted to be with him right now. Daisy knew that Vicki would do anything to keep her cousins or her uncle out of harm's way.

"Okay," sighed Vicki loudly as she gazed towards the open back door. She was hoping that Bo & Luke were okay in there with that killer, and that Rosco would show up soon...

Meanwhile...

Bo & Luke were talking to the crook. Keeping their voices steady & calm.

"Why are you getting revenge on us?" asked Bo as he was flexing his numbed fingers behind his back.

"Yeah, what have we done to you? You shouldn't be holding us here in the 1st place," said Luke sarcastically.

"Hmmm...let's see," said Jasper harshly as he was lightly moving the muzzle of his shotgun across Bo's face, then added, "Well, a couple of months ago, you cost me a million dollars. Isn't that a good reason for getting revenge on ya?"

"Yeah, I guess so," said Bo nervously as he heard a car outside behind them then added through his thoughts, *Please let that be Vicki...*

Jasper looked towards the door to Boss's office after hearing a car. "Sounds like we have company outside. I better go take a look."

After Jasper left, Bo let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding.

"You okay, cousin?" asked Luke as he was reaching with his bound hands towards Bo's pocketknife.

"Yeah, I'm worried, Luke. Do you think that he's going to kill us?" asked Bo.

"Maybe, but we'll escape before that happens," said Luke grinning slightly then added, "Do you think that you can reach my pocketknife?"

"I'll try, Luke," said Bo as he started reaching behind him to get at Luke's pocketknife.

"Don't worry, Bo. We'll get out of this one way or another," said Luke as he was looking towards the back door.

"I hope so, Luke," said Bo as he looked towards the front door, catching a glimpse of Vicki out the window...

*This stillness is eerie...* Vicki thought about 10 minutes later, leaning back against her patrol car while she & Daisy were waiting for Rosco, Enos, and Jesse to arrive.

It was so complete & eerie that it seemed unnatural. Not a bird sang in the trees nearby, and there was no hum of insects.

*Something isn't quite right here...* thought the redhead as she was getting off the hood of her patrol car.

"Daisy, I'm going to head towards the front door. I want to take a look inside at what Jasper is doing in there to Bo & Luke," said Vicki worriedly as she walked slowly towards the front door of the Boar's Nest, with her gun in her hand.

"Vicki! NO!" exclaimed Daisy, placing a hand on the redhead's trembling arm then added, "You're liable to get shot!"

"Daisy, I'll make sure that the crook won't see me," said Vicki, reassuring Daisy that she will be all right.

"Okay. Just be careful," said Daisy worriedly as she watched her friend walk away from her towards the front door of the Boar's Nest...

Holding her breath as she listened, Vicki realized that there was no sound at all inside the bar. Worriedly, she started to head towards the door, hoping to see inside without Jasper noticing her.

She stopped walking when she came to a tree in front of her. There were a few trees in the dirt parking lot, and this tree was near the front door.

She braced herself against the tree as she was waiting for the door to open or for something to happen.

Her shoulders ached somewhat as they were pressed hard against the tree, and she had eased far enough forward to be able to see inside the front door.

Her eyes again surveyed the area around the Boar's Nest. Nothing moved. Nothing seemed out of place from what she could tell. Except the she knew that Bo & Luke were in great danger inside the bar with that killer.

Just as she decided that, she heard a single gunshot, and then 2 more in rapid succession from inside the Boar's Nest. Vicki could have sworn that they had all come from inside the bar. *Was Jasper shooting at Bo & Luke or at her?* she wondered.

Not taking any chances from any of the stray bullets, Vicki put both hands around the grip of her revolver. When she had taken out of her purse earlier, she had felt a momentary frission of anxiety. She was afraid that she would have to shoot Jasper in order to save herself & Bo & Luke. She had never shot a person before, even if it was in self-defense.

Her gaze lifted from the Boar's Nest and back out towards the woods where her patrol car was, hoping that Rosco would get here soon...

AUTHOR NOTE: Thanks for all the good comments. I originally wrote this story in November-December 1999. I am now updating parts of it here. It was originally about 24 computer pages long. :)

**For any additonal comments on this story or my other one, go into Redhead's Emotional State Feedback page here in story ideas.**

BANG! BANG!

Vicki's blue-gray eyes grew wide with worry, dread, and anger as she heard the shots from inside the Boar's Nest.

*Why isn't Rosco here?* thought the redhead as she was waiting impatiently for the Sheriff to arrive...

Still cruched inside the tree, Vicki knew that Jasper might have not been taking direct shots at Bo & Luke, but possibly at her. It scared her to know that her life was in danger too.

She could feel him on some instinctive, almost primitive level.

She couldn't have articulated a single proof that made her believe that the crook was waiting for her to come inside the door, but still she knew it...