How did your love of dogs begin?

DaisyMaeDuke

I grew up with bird dogs. my dad and I hunted quail for food it was during the depression and we relyed on the dogs to find the game. I don't hunt anymore. but i would sleep in the dog house with the dogs on hot summer days. i was three or four at the time. i have had three generations of beagle's and have one now called daisy also two king charles span. I raise a lot of money for a shelter here in hickory n.c. it does not put an animal down. ryan newman the race driver donated four hundred thousand dollars to build the shelter. best to you jimmie

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Mr. Best,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. It is quite an honor for all of us!

I have quite a few questions, but I think the one I will ask first is on a subject that is dear to both our hearts....our puppies.

How did your love of dogs begin?

when I first knew what a dog was. it was love at first bite. lol

i have three, A beagle and two king charles puppies

Wow, that's awesome Rosco!! We have a dog named Daisy!! We also have a cat named Flash. Actually Flash is a wild cat that has lived in our garage for two years. We feed it but nobody's ever touched it because it won't let us. Since we don't know what sex it is, we named it Flash.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.