2009 March Luck Challenge!

MaryAnne

Basically reserrecting the 2006 March Luck Challenge. LOL

From now until the end of March, we're looking for stories about LUCK! Good luck, bad luck....or the complete lack of luck! From lady luck to potluck to hard luck, show us how luck has been treating somebody in Hazzard!

We'd like to see some stories by March 17th, but we'll be taking submissions through the end of March.

You can email your story to me at maryacltrn @ yahoo.com

Good luck! :deputy:

Well, I reckon ya could but what we like to do is post up the stories at DOHFF, on their own pages.

For example, you can see several of our past challenges listed in the archive at DOHFF here...

http://www.dukesofhazzardfanfic.com/Fanfic/singlestories.htm

The 2006 Christmas challenge stories were posted here at HNet...

http://www.hazzardnet.com/index.php/164

Are you willing to try your luck, Dukefan? :D Or am I gonna have to cue up the old Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes song?

Baaaad Luuck...that's whatchya got, that's whatchya got!

Heh! ;)

Well, I reckon ya could but what we like to do is post up the stories at DOHFF, on their own pages.

For example, you can see several of our past challenges listed in the archive at DOHFF here...

http://www.dukesofhazzardfanfic.com/Fanfic/singlestories.htm

The 2006 Christmas challenge stories were posted here at HNet...

http://www.hazzardnet.com/index.php/164

Are you willing to try your luck, Dukefan? :D Or am I gonna have to cue up the old Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes song?

Heh! ;)

I y y y ....lol Ok, I have one I been writting about me and my younger days, so I think I will use that story and convert it into Hazzard style surroundings...lol

I already have one chapter done and was working on the second, but had stopped, so time to get these rusty fingers going again...lol

• 2 weeks later...

Well of all my years of writing and belonging to this page, I have yet to join in on a challenge...due to my un-cooperative muses! Though lately, my muses have been unusually cooperative with me, so I will be writing a story for March's Luck Challenge. In fact, I already got the story started and have a title for it. Now only if I can keep it going. . .;)

Depends on what the penalty is for not getting it down within the month of March! *chuckles*

Gee, Alex, have you no self-motivation anymore? LOL. Ah lessee....penalty? Didn't think about that. But since it's apparent that the beatings will have to continue until moral improves around here I reckon we should come up with a penalty for failure to complete a story for the Luck Challenge. Hmmm....

Well, we could keep with something of tradition here. If you don't make it in March you'll have to wear an appropriate avatar for some amount of time. Maybe an avatar of a broken mirror? Course you'd have to sport that for 7 years....

Could do a black cat, a crow, a monkey....

You could be a Coltrane for awhile, Coltrane luck being what it is. LOL

Hmmm..... have to think on this one.

Gee, Alex, have you no self-motivation anymore? LOL. Ah lessee....penalty? Didn't think about that. But since it's apparent that the beatings will have to continue until moral improves around here I reckon we should come up with a penalty for failure to complete a story for the Luck Challenge. Hmmm....

Well, we could keep with something of tradition here. If you don't make it in March you'll have to wear an appropriate avatar for some amount of time. Maybe an avatar of a broken mirror? Course you'd have to sport that for 7 years....

Could do a black cat, a crow, a monkey....

You could be a Coltrane for awhile, Coltrane luck being what it is. LOL

Hmmm..... have to think on this one.

Oh Ive got motivation! I was just curious... course a beating from you is a motivation! *grins, then laughs* Just teasing... Id like to throw my hat so to speak, in the luck challenge as well! Course whether the story will be about good luck or bad... I'm not sure yet! *smiles*

So lemme get this right. If I threaten beatings with the failure to complete a story then Alex WON'T complete a story because he'll get the beating that he does not so richly deserve.

If I go the other way with it and reward him with a beating for completing the story, he'll have one done in probably two days. Which totally goes against my idea of what is positive and what is negative reinforcement!

You are one sick puppy, Alex.

So lemme get this right. If I threaten beatings with the failure to complete a story then Alex WON'T complete a story because he'll get the beating that he does not so richly deserve.

If I go the other way with it and reward him with a beating for completing the story, he'll have one done in probably two days. Which totally goes against my idea of what is positive and what is negative reinforcement!

You are one sick puppy, Alex.

*bursts out laughing* no now I said I would do a story...Beating or not! I was just teasing you about that MaryAnne. And you know, you arent the first Coltrane to say that phrase to me! *winks*

*bursts out laughing* no now I said I would do a story...Beating or not! I was just teasing you about that MaryAnne. And you know, you arent the first Coltrane to say that phrase to me! *winks*

What phrase would that be? Beat my guest? Nice to beat ya? If you can't beat 'em, don't join 'em?

Oh, you meant the "sick puppy" remark. Well it's true, you're kinda depraved and all that. Tho' this time, I almost have to blame MaryAnne for startin' the trouble.

What phrase would that be? Beat my guest? Nice to beat ya? If you can't beat 'em, don't join 'em?

Oh, you meant the "sick puppy" remark. Well it's true, you're kinda depraved and all that. Tho' this time, I almost have to blame MaryAnne for startin' the trouble.

Me? Depraved? Welllllll.....maybe a little! *chuckles* Ah well, guess we all have our little quirks!