Did you know?

dukefan

I was messing around on Google and Utube, trying to find something the TV show "The life and times of the dukes of hazzard",and without success, i could not even find a trailer of this tv special.

I have it on VHS, but I want it on dvd, and so far have not been successful.

In my search I found something I never knew before, Denver Piles acted on a tv show I used to love to watch, it was Grisly Adams, y'all remember that show?

Well Denver, was acting the part of Mad Jack, I could not believe it when I saw it?

anyone know this? I am sure most of you already do, but anyways, what other popular tv show (high ratings) , did Denver acted on, anyone know?

He was on a couple of episodes of "The Andy Griffith Show" I know. Last week my mom was watching Bonaanza on TV Land and lo and behold, Denver Pyle was playing a sheriff on there. It was kinda funny - I was in the kitchen when I heard him talking and immediately recognized him as Uncle Jesse - when I walked into the living room, the man talking had no beard or mustache, but my dad asked if it was Denver Pyle...didn't see his name on the credits, but it had to be Denver!

He was on a couple of episodes of "The Andy Griffith Show" I know. Last week my mom was watching Bonaanza on TV Land and lo and behold, Denver Pyle was playing a sheriff on there. It was kinda funny - I was in the kitchen when I heard him talking and immediately recognized him as Uncle Jesse - when I walked into the living room, the man talking had no beard or mustache, but my dad asked if it was Denver Pyle...didn't see his name on the credits, but it had to be Denver!

lol, yeah, hearing his voice is undeniable, even in his younger days. I know he had done some western shows, but I don't watch westerns , not like my step dad does...lol

Now I will have to watch grisly Adams again, just to catch Denver.:). Back then, I never even knew about the Dukes of Hazzard, so I would never of know it was Jesse...

I am not into westerns either...my parents are, but I'm not. I wouldn't have caught that if it wasn't for my parents having that on and watching it.

I never watched Grizzly Adams or know what it is about, but I do believe reading that Denver Pyle was in an episode or so. Hopefully you will be able to watch it again and to find Denver in it. Yeah, if you didn't watch the Dukes at the time, you would never recognize Denver as who he is - he'd be just another character/actor on the show. So hopefully you can find him in it again...it is neat that he was in a show that you use to watch! :D

I am not into westerns either...my parents are, but I'm not. I wouldn't have caught that if it wasn't for my parents having that on and watching it.

I never watched Grizzly Adams or know what it is about, but I do believe reading that Denver Pyle was in an episode or so. Hopefully you will be able to watch it again and to find Denver in it. Yeah, if you didn't watch the Dukes at the time, you would never recognize Denver as who he is - he'd be just another character/actor on the show. So hopefully you can find him in it again...it is neat that he was in a show that you use to watch! :D

It's a story about a man(Adam) who lives in the wildernest and he ends up builing a log cabin, and one day, he hears shots and stuff, a mother bear was killed , bu the cub was all alone. he later called him bear, I think, kind forget, been so long now, and he raised the cub to adult hood.

Mad Jack is a loner and not very friendly at all, I am a little dim about his part, actually dim about the whole show....time to refresh my brain...lol

It's a story about a man(Adam) who lives in the wildernest and he ends up builing a log cabin, and one day, he hears shots and stuff, a mother bear was killed , bu the cub was all alone. he later called him bear, I think, kind forget, been so long now, and he raised the cub to adult hood.

Mad Jack is a loner and not very friendly at all, I am a little dim about his part, actually dim about the whole show....time to refresh my brain...lol

I havent seen this since I was like 4 years old...but I do remember the Bears name was Ben... and Mad Jack had a mule named #7....lol Denver also narrated the show...(he was the balladeer)

I havent seen this since I was like 4 years old...but I do remember the Bears name was Ben... and Mad Jack had a mule named #7....lol Denver also narrated the show...(he was the balladeer)

Ben, that's the name I was looking for, I couldn't think of it, and I was to lazy to go look...lol. I remember #7, mad Jack named him that because it was his 7th one...lol

I used to watch Grizzley Adams but I didn't remember Denver narrating the show. Thanks for that info Daisy.

You folks will think this is funny. Whenever I go to a gas station and get gas on pump number 7, I always think of that mule.

This is even funnier. The place where I get gas has a college-age guy who works there and his name is Jesse!!! I'm not kidding. I asked him if he was named after Uncle Jesse and he said no. He does like the show though!!

I used to watch Grizzley Adams but I didn't remember Denver narrating the show. Thanks for that info Daisy.

You folks will think this is funny. Whenever I go to a gas station and get gas on pump number 7, I always think of that mule.

This is even funnier. The place where I get gas has a college-age guy who works there and his name is Jesse!!! I'm not kidding. I asked him if he was named after Uncle Jesse and he said no. He does like the show though!!

i find that a weird coincidence

Way cool Roger, is just like me, I was at the drug store and they called out Euclide Richard, I thought they were talking to me, not, was another dude with the same name as me, weird huh?

I haven't seen Grisly Adams in ages, and now that I know Denver Piles is mad Jack, gona watch again:)

Denver is in a John Wayne Movie i own, he only has a small part but it's him! :)

i know a guy that we call Grizz because he looks like Grizzy Adams, and his name is Robert Adams!!! LOL

iv never seen Grizzly Adams, but in real life i cant say theres a million people named Kristen im my school and one in my class so when the teacher says "Kristen" i jump up and sometimes its me and sometimes it the other Kristen

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I was messing around on Google and Utube, trying to find something the TV show "The life and times of the dukes of hazzard",and without success, i could not even find a trailer of this tv special.

I have it on VHS, but I want it on dvd, and so far have not been successful.

In my search I found something I never knew before, Denver Piles acted on a tv show I used to love to watch, it was Grisly Adams, y'all remember that show?

Well Denver, was acting the part of Mad Jack, I could not believe it when I saw it?

anyone know this? I am sure most of you already do, but anyways, what other popular tv show (high ratings) , did Denver acted on, anyone know?

Denver did portray ornery old Mad Jack on Grizzly Adams. He was pretty good friends with Adams', and he had his donkey named "Number 7".

Grizzly Adams was a great show. We used to curl up on Sunday nights and watch it when I was little.

Edited by Swamp Molly
spelling error, added content