a upcoming visit to Conyers, Covington and Social Circle, Georgia ...

Studmuffin

March 14-15, 2009 sees a return of the annual POW Days program at Andersonville NHP, Georgia after a two year hiaitus.

On the Fox Atlanta interview that John gave the week before the 30th anniversary Dukesfest he said that the first part of the show was shot in Conyers, Covington and Social Circle, Georgia about twenty miles or so east-southeast of Atlanta.

Well, that's on the way down there to Andersonville from the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC.

So, can anyone make any recommendations on how to tour the areas where Dukes of Hazzard was shot at the beginning part of the TV show? Is there a museum nearby? Can anyone recommend restuarants nearby?

Thanks !

If you want to get a good ideal where things are located there's a book called "The Roads Back to Early Hazzard". From what I have been told by others it's the book to have when looking for Dukes location.

I have a special feature on video tape called "The life and times of the Dukes Of Hazzard", where John speaks of the first shoots and where, I will have to watch that again, I sure wish I could find the dvd of that 2 hour special...

• 1 month later...
March 14-15, 2009 sees a return of the annual POW Days program at Andersonville NHP, Georgia after a two year hiaitus.

On the Fox Atlanta interview that John gave the week before the 30th anniversary Dukesfest he said that the first part of the show was shot in Conyers, Covington and Social Circle, Georgia about twenty miles or so east-southeast of Atlanta.

Well, that's on the way down there to Andersonville from the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC.

So, can anyone make any recommendations on how to tour the areas where Dukes of Hazzard was shot at the beginning part of the TV show? Is there a museum nearby? Can anyone recommend restuarants nearby?

Thanks !

I recently dressed like rosco and drove my patrol car down where we shot the original five shows of the dukes. I visited the old boars nest and uncle jessie's home place and several other locations. I put them on a dvd which you can find on my web page if you are interested.

I recently dressed like rosco and drove my patrol car down where we shot the original five shows of the dukes. I visited the old boars nest and uncle jessie's home place and several other locations. I put them on a dvd which you can find on my web page if you are interested.

I have that DVD. It's great. BIG RECOMBINATION!