Least favourite episode

OK,let's get a little friction going here! :wink:

The Dukes was the best series on TV ever,BUT there must be one episode(good though they all were)which got you thinking "Oh come on! They can do better than that!"

My nomination would be "Lawman of the year".(season 5).

I mean,it was a Rosco show,which should have made it a 'no fail' epsode;but the comedy was completely flat and non-existent,IMO.

James Best NOT being funny..who would have thought it!

It had Coy and Vance in it.

There were'nt even any proper car chases. A Dukes episode without proper car chases? Surely not!

Anyway,don't get me wrong;I'm not bashing the Dukes! There were still parts of this episode I enjoyed,but it shows that they couldn't always be perfect all the time(only 99% of it!)

"Strange Visitor to Hazzard" was by far the worst episode of the series. It's clear the writers were becoming confined in the Paul Picard denfined box that was Hazzard (although this episode broke one of Picard's cardinal rules. It never gets dark in Hazzard). The episode does have a couple of moments, but it's pretty much ranked at the bottom.

"Lawman of the Year" had potential but nobody took advantage of it. Rosco (and James Best for that matter) really could have pulled off something super (and left Coy and Vance permanently in the dust). But alas. Another one to add to the list of "if I were to rewrite an episode..." =)

Lisa

I have to agree with Mary Anne. I am not a big fan of the Coy and Vance episodes, but I would have to put "Strange Visitor to Hazzard" as one that I dislike the most. It was way too far fetched for me to really enjoyed and it really didn't have the Dukes of Hazzard "feel" to it. The episode just bugged me and couldn't stand watching it more than once...if not to only see Bo and Luke. :lol:

I'm going to play devil's adovcate here. While I agree "Strange Vistor to Hazzard" is way off the map to the usual Hazzard storylines, as a Sci-Fi and Star Trek fan, I enjoyed the epsiode very much.

Having only seen the few episodes I have taped, I can't really say I have a least favroite episode yet. (And I am excluding the entire season that Coy and Vance are there, in my little world, it does not even exist). Any episode with Luke is good. :wink:

I rate "Strange visitor to Hazzard" ever so slightly higher than "Lawman of the Year" myself because

a) It doesn't seem to feature any of those really horrible 'model car' sequences,which seemed to permeate a lot of the 7th season and

B) because Daisy wears a REALLY cute Pullover with sheep on it!

I don't think the 5th season should be completely written off.After all,Bo and Luke featured in the final 4 episodes,and some of the Coy and Vance episodes weren't bad at all.IMO "Witness,Jessie Duke" ranks up there with the best of them!

I thought "Strange Visitor To Hazzard" was a bit weird, but it did have some interesting parts to it. It is one of my least favorites.

I do like a few Coy & Vance episodes. My favorite Coy & Vance episode would be "Coy vs Vance" because that was the 1st time that I saw Coy actually arguing with Vance about his girlfriend. And I also liked the part where the General was chasing 2 motorcycles.

That is the only episode that I liked.

Take care!

Vicki

• 1 year later...

The ones with Coy and Vance were the ones that were boring to me.. When Bo and Luke came back on the air, my friends told me to quickly put on CBS.. When I did I saw both Tom and John were back on.. I did figure they were on strike back then.. I knew they needed more money ($) in their pockets, and I don't blame them for it..

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, Jam argues that we need to watch all the episodes again before we pick a least favorite. (she's the older and wiser sister)

Amanda (younger "Cooterlike" sister) doesn't like episodes in which Daisy gets involved or even flirts with anybody other than Enos.

Both agree that "Strange Visitor to Hazzard" was pretty pathetic and that the show was on it's last legs. Nor are we all that fond of Coy and Vance, but we're glad that they made two new characters rather than have new actors playing Bo and Luke.

• 3 weeks later...
Okay, Jam argues that we need to watch all the episodes again before we pick a least favorite. (she's the older and wiser sister)

Amanda (younger "Cooterlike" sister) doesn't like episodes in which Daisy gets involved or even flirts with anybody other than Enos.

Both agree that "Strange Visitor to Hazzard" was pretty pathetic and that the show was on it's last legs. Nor are we all that fond of Coy and Vance, but we're glad that they made two new characters rather than have new actors playing Bo and Luke.

Very good point, there! Hazzard County folks always make ya think!

• 1 month later...

We didn't care for that one either, as Daisy shouldn't have been flirting with that guy! And she has the audacity to flirt with Enos to break the other guy out of jail. At least Enos got some chicken out of it and Daisy learned the error of her ways.

You'd think she'd learn after all those guys breaking her heart to stick with Enos.