Been far to long.....

dukefan

Hey all, I been away for awhile, and it feels great to be back. I have popped in here and there and now and again, but now gona stick around more.

I have been fighting depression for a spell now, trying to fight it on my own, but all that did was drag me down even further. I had no desire to live, or do anything like I used to love to do, like being on here, making model cars and so on.

I was on Zorpia, figuring if I help others with their problems, I could better deal with mine, that so did not work. I finally realized I have to go see my doctor and get some help, I realized this because I almost made a friend turn on me.

Anyways, the last few weeks I have been better, started taking care of myself more and going back to what I once was.

These last few days on here has been great, it actually felt right for me to be here, just like the first time I joined, and I love the atmosphere here, and how like family it feels every time I sign in.:)

All in all, I just wanted to share this , to let you all know why I was absent and that I am glad to be back, and that my account was not canceled due to lack of signing in.:)

Later all,

Euclide Richard!

Wow dukefan, that's one of the most powerful things I've read since I've been here on the HazzardNet. This place really does remind me a lot of Hazzard County because (like you said) it feels like family here. I've written a lot of emotional posts on how much I appreciate the HazzardNet and why.......and I won't take this moment to repeat a lot of those thoughts but I do want to say, from the bottom of my heart, you're a resident of Hazzard County now and we're here for you buddy. We really do care about everybody here and I'm happy you're doing better.

Your post was the highlight of my day. I sincerely mean that.

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, dukefan. Depression is a tough illness to deal with, but just keep taking care of yourself and you'll get better. That's the best thing you can do. And being around likeminded, good folks like here on HazzardNet who are supportive and friendly is another good thing you can do.

Welcome back!

Nel

Wow dukefan, that's one of the most powerful things I've read since I've been here on the HazzardNet. This place really does remind me a lot of Hazzard County because (like you said) it feels like family here. I've written a lot of emotional posts on how much I appreciate the HazzardNet and why.......and I won't take this moment to repeat a lot of those thoughts but I do want to say, from the bottom of my heart, you're a resident of Hazzard County now and we're here for you buddy. We really do care about everybody here and I'm happy you're doing better.

Your post was the highlight of my day. I sincerely mean that.

Roger, that was so... i don't know what to say...all I know is , i can't thank you enough for being there for me, and when I finally catch up on here, i will read what you had to say as well.

I am lucky to have even found this site, and believe it or not, it's what kept me going, even in my abscence, because the whole idea of this forum and of the TV show, it's a family matter, and we , as duke fans always stick together.

Like uncel Jessie once said," Once a friend of a duke, you have a friend for life."

That is so true her ,when it comes to you and all whom responded to this thread, GOD bless you all!!!! :)

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, dukefan. Depression is a tough illness to deal with, but just keep taking care of yourself and you'll get better. That's the best thing you can do. And being around likeminded, good folks like here on HazzardNet who are supportive and friendly is another good thing you can do.

Welcome back!

Nel

Thank you Meadowmufn, I remember you as well, and you have many great posts as well, yeah, depression can sure drain a person, but I will get help and it sure is nice I have support from all of you here, just like a family, my duke fan family.:)

that's another thing I noticed odd about this site, it says what time we post stuff, but the time it says I posted things, is no where nears the time I have on my clock...lol.

No worries, though, I will know before I sign out tonight exactly the time difference between here and there.:p

PS: it says i posted this at 1:23 am, and right now it is exactly 9:26 pm????? Also would help to know a location from your part, you can pm me about that if you don't want post that info in the forums.:)

My cell phone has the time all over the world, so I can check our time differences.:)

dukefan, I'm about the same distance from Cleveland, Buffalo and Pittsburgh. They are all on Eastern Standard Time along with the rest of the eastern United States. I think HazzardNet's time goes by the time of the International Date Line. If not, it's Greenwich Mean Time or something like that. On second thought, it couldn't be GMT because it wouldn't be 8 hours off from me. Oh well, I'm sure somebody will set us straight.

dukefan, I'm about the same distance from Cleveland, Buffalo and Pittsburgh. They are all on Eastern Standard Time along with the rest of the eastern United States. I think HazzardNet's time goes by the time of the International Date Line. If not, it's Greenwich Mean Time or something like that. On second thought, it couldn't be GMT because it wouldn't be 8 hours off from me. Oh well, I'm sure somebody will set us straight.

my phone sucks, so I checked the internet, it is 11:43 pm in Buffalo, and here at home it is now 12:44 am, just turned.lol!

• 2 months later...