The Cliche Challenge!

Meadowmufn

First off... learn to get a joke you obviously didn't have a clue what I was talkin' about, so before saying stuff learn what i'm meaning. *Cough*

Youngin's.. bleh.

just because im 13 it doesnt mean that i dont have a say in the world and i cant voice my opinons and objections, anyway before i go on tirade ill get off my soap box

• 2 years later...
We've all seen tv shows with a character getting amnesia, being trapped (in an elevator, freezer, vault, etc), role reversals, twins, the trip out of town (Hollywood, Hawaii, etc), mistakenly thinking they're dying, etc.

Well, I issue an ongoing challenge for folks to write a Dukes of Hazzard fan fiction story using a commonly used tv cliche. Of course, many Dukes episodes featured some of these same cliches, so you may also take one of these episodes and re-write them a new way, perhaps switching the characters around.

Feel free to list your favorite cliches in this thread to spark some ideas for our writers!

Another great, but lost, challenge.

I'm goin' to refresh it.

Head trauma and its consequences is something very over-used in TV-shows: how many characters went through a head trauma causing them amnesia or a personality's change?

I'm goin' to write a fanfic 'bout this cliché, but in a different way: what if the character (Enos, obviously :oops:) doesn't loose his memory but .... he gets new memories? For sure it's something changing his way to relate to other characters, especially Daisy.

My new fic is "Memories?", and I'm goin' to post it on fanfiction.net

Another great, but lost, challenge.

I'm goin' to refresh it.

Head trauma and its consequences is something very over-used in TV-shows: how many characters went through a head trauma causing them amnesia or a personality's change?

I'm goin' to write a fanfic 'bout this cliché, but in a different way: what if the character (Enos, obviously :oops:) doesn't loose his memory but .... he gets new memories? For sure it's something changing his way to relate to other characters, especially Daisy.

My new fic is "Memories?", and I'm goin' to post it on fanfiction.net

Sounds like an interesting idea, good twist on a well-used plot device.

I always enjoyed the inevitable amnesia episodes and evil-twin episodes. No matter how often it's used, it's fun to see known characters have their turn at alternate personalities.

Feel free to list your favorite cliches in this thread to spark some ideas for our writers!

A cliched plot that I'm not sure if the Dukes ever used, but which would have been perfect, is the old "Bad Guy chases Good Guy and claims that Good Guy is mentally ill" shtick.

To use a real cliche: Evil Guardian is after his Beautiful Ward's fortune. Beautiful Ward runs away, ending up in Hazzard. Evil Guardian meets the Dukes and claims that BW has mental problems. Everyone very sorry and sympathetic, and trying to help EG without realising that he is the bad guy and BW is telling the truth.

Anyone know if this was ever used by the Dukes? I haven't seen every episode. (One day... Lol!) I think it would make a great fic, though. Serious or non...

• 3 weeks later...
I'm thinking 'bout something similar to "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Duke" (in my mind "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Strate", obviously).

Enos becomes a bad guy (so strange to think of Enos as a bad guys LOL) and he's not shy. Anyway Daisy is somehow enamoured of Enos's dark side, and...... well..... you know (OK, there're children here......I know).

Okay, I was sooo thinking about doing that! (So don't think I stole your idea if I ever get around to it, lol).

Edited to add...Sheesh, I didn't realize this post was so old when I replied to it! Did you ever write that fanfic, i1976?

Okay, I was sooo thinking about doing that! (So don't think I stole your idea if I ever get around to it, lol).

Edited to add...Sheesh, I didn't realize this post was so old when I replied to it! Did you ever write that fanfic, i1976?

No, I didn't write that fanfic. But actually, as you know, I'm exploring another cliché in my new fic "Memories?": a mix of the memory-loss cliché and the personality-change cliché.

In effect I can't really see Enos as a bad guy, but I can see him a bit less nervous around Daisy, having a way with her, finally. :-P

• 2 months later...

Here's a new story for the Cliche' Challenge!

What else could be more cliche'd than a parody of the timeless classic "It's a Wonderful Life"?

In this case, Daisy gets to see how the lives of those around her - and even Hazzard itself, would be different if she'd never been born...and perhaps learn a thing or two about herself along the way. This story takes place the Christmas after "Enos and Daisy's Wedding".

Warning: If you're looking for just a sweet, little happy-go-lucky Christmas story, you might just want to wait and skip straight to the end.

Link to Fanfic: "Before the Dawn"

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I've been working with K-Duke to write a story recently, and I just realized, it probably belongs under the cliche's.

Of course, a character gets hurt, and another is suffering from a rare disease and the story shall track her progress and road to a diagnosis and treatment... and toss in a love story or two... yes the character injury and the character illness definitely puts it under cliche, somewhere I wasn't even aiming for.

How did I come up with the rare disease idea? Because... unfortunately, I have it :-? The story idea came about to help me deal with the disease.

The first national HAE Awareness Day is May 16th... which is the deadline I set for us to at least get something posted. We'll probably miss it because we started the story so late due to lack of a working computer (which I recently got a working computer so...)

• 11 years later...